or Connect
Cycling Forums › Forums › Other Stuff › Archives › General health and fitness › Health and nutrition › Food and nutrition › Heavy Cream-Double Cream-whats the diff??
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Heavy Cream-Double Cream-whats the diff??

post #1 of 5
vicky wrote:
> I see alot of recipes asking for heavy cream, light cream and double cream,
> single cream . Is there a difference between Heavy and double (light and
> single) or is it the same thing, just different lingo??

In the US I've only sen Heavy Cream (Whipping Cream). Perhaps double
cream is used in otehr countries, e.g. the UK, New Zealand and Austalia?
post #2 of 5

Re: Heavy Cream-Double Cream-whats the diff??

curious wrote:
> I know you asked about Heavy cream and double. I don't know about double,
> but when I moved to Poland, I had to get out my "Joy of Cooking" cookbook
> and learn what was half n half and heavy whipping cream, etc. I had to
> learn percentages. Whipping cream is 30-36% fat.

the ones I know are 38%.
post #3 of 5

Re: Heavy Cream-Double Cream-whats the diff??

Double cream is 48% fat.

In article <cdh39d$fet$1@woodrow.ucdavis.edu>, Michael Nielsen
<impossible@to.spam> writes

--
Jane Lumley
post #4 of 5

Re: Heavy Cream-Double Cream-whats the diff??

When I buy heavy whipping cream at Walmart, it's so thick it barely pours, but
yesterday, I bought a local dairy brand and it was as thin as milk. Both are
"Heavy whipping cream.
post #5 of 5

Re: Heavy Cream-Double Cream-whats the diff??

I would suspect the one from walmart perhaps needed to be shaken to mix
while the thinner one was the correct consistency? Just go with the one
you like as long as the carb label reads (1) We use Half n Half from
Krogers, cheaper, same count and tastes okay.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Food and nutrition