or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sugar Free Gatorade Equivalent?

post #1 of 4
I'm having some minor surgery at the end of the week and my doctor's
office suggested having some gatorade or other electrolyte replenishing
drink for after the surgery to bring fluid levels back up.

I checked out the gatorade and found out that it's full of high fructose
corn syrup. The pedialytes has dextrose instead, but doesn't come in the
cool colors.

I don't want to over-analyse this, it's for a specific purpose and I don't
think one liter of sugar water is going to shanghai me back on the freight
train to fat. But, my dim memory was that HFCS when it is metabolized
contributes nasty things to the composition of your blood that might
undermine the body's most efficient healing. Does this actually matter, or
are we talking about something that is only is going to be present in the
blood in homeopathic quantities anyway?

Martha

--
"ALPO is 99 cents a can. That's over SEVEN dog dollars!!"
Revek - ASDLC

Re: Sugar Free Gatorade Equivalent?

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 15:21:37 -0400, Martha Gallagher <marza@patriot.net>
wrote:

> I'm having some minor surgery at the end of the week and my doctor's
> office suggested having some gatorade or other electrolyte replenishing
> drink for after the surgery to bring fluid levels back up.
>
> I checked out the gatorade and found out that it's full of high fructose
> corn syrup. The pedialytes has dextrose instead, but doesn't come in the
> cool colors.
>
> I don't want to over-analyse this, it's for a specific purpose and I
> don't
> think one liter of sugar water is going to shanghai me back on the
> freight
> train to fat. But, my dim memory was that HFCS when it is metabolized
> contributes nasty things to the composition of your blood that might
> undermine the body's most efficient healing. Does this actually matter,
> or
> are we talking about something that is only is going to be present in the
> blood in homeopathic quantities anyway?
>
> Martha

You could try:

http://www.propelwater.com/index_flash.php?

Most others have fructose.

--
Bob in CT
Remove ".x" to reply

Re: Sugar Free Gatorade Equivalent?

> On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 15:21:37 -0400, Martha Gallagher <marza@patriot.net>
> wrote:
>
> > I'm having some minor surgery at the end of the week and my doctor's
> > office suggested having some gatorade or other electrolyte replenishing
> > drink for after the surgery to bring fluid levels back up.
> >
> > I checked out the gatorade and found out that it's full of high fructose
> > corn syrup. The pedialytes has dextrose instead, but doesn't come in the
> > cool colors.
> >
> > I don't want to over-analyse this, it's for a specific purpose and I
> > don't
> > think one liter of sugar water is going to shanghai me back on the
> > freight
> > train to fat. But, my dim memory was that HFCS when it is metabolized
> > contributes nasty things to the composition of your blood that might
> > undermine the body's most efficient healing. Does this actually matter,
> > or
> > are we talking about something that is only is going to be present in the
> > blood in homeopathic quantities anyway?
> >
> > Martha

First apologies to Bob - don't mean to reply to your post but I'm
using Google to post and the link to reply to Martha's post doesn't
work. The reason I'm using Google is becoz my uni's nntp has gone
nuts over the whole last week.

To Martha's Q, I recall seeing quite a few people posting their
recipes for sugarfree Gatorade. I googled and found:

http://tinyurl.com/5ghkz

Hope it's helpful to you.

Cheers,
Ada
post #4 of 4

On 21 Sep 2004, Ada Ma wrote:

> > On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 15:21:37 -0400, Martha Gallagher <marza@patriot.net>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > I'm having some minor surgery at the end of the week and my doctor's
> > > office suggested having some gatorade or other electrolyte replenishing
> > > drink for after the surgery to bring fluid levels back up.
> > >

> First apologies to Bob - don't mean to reply to your post but I'm
> using Google to post and the link to reply to Martha's post doesn't
> work. The reason I'm using Google is becoz my uni's nntp has gone
> nuts over the whole last week.
>
> To Martha's Q, I recall seeing quite a few people posting their
> recipes for sugarfree Gatorade. I googled and found:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/5ghkz

Hey, thanks to both of you. I'll probably make the salty lemonade to take
with me, but maybe have a bottle of propel in the fridge for later to make
up for any vitamins I misplaced.

Martha

--
"ALPO is 99 cents a can. That's over SEVEN dog dollars!!"
Revek - ASDLC
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Food and nutrition