Cruiser bike frame material?

John Standard

Guest
Does the frame material matter for this type of bike ; the choice is between steel and aluminum. I
will be riding in NYC.

Steel rusts, aluminum does not. IMHO steel looks cooler with the narrow tubing than fat
tubed aluminum.

Thats all I can think of.

-kurd

"John Standard" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Does the frame material matter for this type of bike ; the choice is between steel and aluminum. I
> will be riding in NYC.

Originally posted by Kurd
Steel rusts, aluminum does not. IMHO steel looks cooler with the narrow tubing than fat
tubed aluminum.

Thats all I can think of.

-kurd

"John Standard" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Does the frame material matter for this type of bike ; the choice is between steel and aluminum. I
> will be riding in NYC.

Aluminum will also dent easier which may be a consideration if you're locking it up to sign poles and parking meters.

If you leave it outside, aluminum won't rust.

If you have to carry it upstairs, aluminum is slightly lighter.

Steel is usually cheaper.

Hope this helps.

Lewis.

news:<[email protected]>...