Pretty Cool

Cool, as a piece of nostalgic wall art.
It should have a warning on it:
"for display only - this unicycle will disintegrate under normal riding
conditions"

--
roadkill - Crash Test Dummy

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -
Albert Einstein
roadkill's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9784

I don't mean to pick on a newbie, but two lessons in posting etiquette
are called for here:

Lesson 1) Don't create threads with hopelessly vague titles.
"Pretty Cool" fits this category

Lesson 2) Don't post URLs without at least a hint about their content.

Grumpily yours,

Ken

You dont mean to pick on a newbie? You just did, why would you do it if
you didn't want to. There are ways to tell me nicely how to post. I
have some lessons for you.

Lesson 1: Try clicking here. This is where you register for the forum.
Most non-newbies offer newbie guidelines have done it. If you are
already registered, it is a good idea to login before posting.
http://tinyurl.com/9g8ep

Lesson 2: Unicycling is a fairly unpopular sport. Rather than trashing
an apsiring unicyclist because of a post of something that thought
looked cool, tell them nicely. It will keep them more interested in the
forum and the sport.

Lesson 3: ebay is a popular auction website. A post on a unicyclist
website with a link to ebay is a pretty great hint that it is going to
be an auction for a unicycle.

Cheerfully Yours,
e39m5

Ooo yea, before you go crazy on me for posting this, try thinking about
what I said. If you still think im wrong, tell me.

--
e39m5
e39m5's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9836

I'm going to agree with Ken on this one.

Just take it as it was... advice.

It helps to have a descriptive title.

Your one valid point is 3, fairly obvious what it is on ebay, but it
still helps to have a description :- )

let's not start a mini-fight; cut our losses and we can all just be
friends... hahah

--
llaman - average joe muni'er

Kansas Muni - the wizard of oz can't do this...
llaman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9798

Does anybody here collect unicycles? Despite the fact that by today's
standards that unicycle is unrideable, there's something historical
about it and worth preserving.

Course, I ain't gonna buy it.

--
JJuggle - Enhanced Digit

Raphael Lasar
Matawan, NJ

'7th Annual LBI Unithon' (http://jjuggle.unicyclist.com/lbiunithon) -
Saturday, June 11, 2005.
JJuggle's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/24

Unis just like that have come and gone a few times in the past year. If
you miss it this time, it'll be back.

--
munipsycho - CrashTestDummies are us.

=====================
'Victory belongs now to this small tree.'
(http://munipsycho.com/stories/a_little_tree.jsp)

'The UniSkills Assessment' (http://www.munipsycho.com/uniskills_2.jsp)

I can fly too. But I can only fly down.
-Little Bear

Imagine all the people
Riding on one wheel.
J. Lennon. (paraphrased)
munipsycho's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9589

Hi e39m5,

Sorry I offended you. That really wasn't my intention. I was
honestly offering advice to help you post articles that are more
reader-friendly. I do hope that you continue to participate and
you're welcome to ride with me anytime.

> Ooo yea, before you go crazy on me for posting this, try thinking about
> what I said. If you still think im wrong, tell me.

I'm going to stand by my advice to use descriptive titles. "Pretty
Cool Uni Auction" would have been informative. "Cool Old Uni on ebay"
even better. Help your reader!

Unfortunately, Unicyclist.com mangled your URL. Not too badly on the
Unicyclist.com forums, where some of the middle is elided, but beyond
recognition on the far side of the Usenet gateway. What I saw was
"http://tinyurl.com/c5yz4". Totally opaque.

I won't respond to your advice here. If you really want to know why I
don't log in to the forum, or if you can help me say my peace in a
more friendly way, then send me some email (username cline domain
frii.com).

Cheers,

Ken

On Wed, 11 May 2005 21:35:55 -0500, "e39m5" wrote:

>You dont mean to pick on a newbie? You just did, why would you do it if
>you didn't want to.

Ken said he didn't MEAN to pick on a newbie. He wanted to point a few
things out that could be construed as picking, so he let you know that
that was an unwanted side effect.

>Lesson 1: Try clicking here. This is where you register for the forum.

Ken posts via Usenet (the newsgroup) which is a perfectly valid thing
to do. I should know. :)

>Lesson 3: ebay is a popular auction website. A post on a unicyclist
>website with a link to ebay is a pretty great hint that it is going to
>be an auction for a unicycle.

All good and well, but on usenet the link displayed was converted to
tinyurl, so the 'ebay' wasn't visible.>

e39m5, I don't "mean" to pick on you either, but I agree with Ken on
both issues that he pointed out.

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict
--
wouldnt you be grumpy if somone just said you had PMS? - jagur