OMG - just realised it's Friday 13th!

cathyxyz

Guest
Jeeze, just tried to post this via Google and got bombed out.... It IS
Friday 13th!

Anyway, as I was trying to say...

Better not plan any elaborate meals today, check the freezer is working,
check for cows in the back yard, for crocs in the river and not to
mention the geese :)

Take-aways it is! Dunno what though.... any suggestions?
Cathy

In article <[email protected]>, cathyxyz <[email protected]>
wrote:

> Jeeze, just tried to post this via Google and got bombed out.... It IS
> Friday 13th!
>
> Anyway, as I was trying to say...
>
> Better not plan any elaborate meals today, check the freezer is working,
> check for cows in the back yard, for crocs in the river and not to
> mention the geese :)
>
> Take-aways it is! Dunno what though.... any suggestions?
> Cathy

Yep!

It's a LUCKY day so play with your best recipe!

I've got some low carb tortilla's out thawing along with some cocktail
shrimp. I plan to make shrimp, cheese and egg breakfast "tacos" for
breakfast and serve with avocado, red leaf lettuce and a few of the vine
ripe tomatoes from my greenhouse as there are several on the vine. I
won't pick them until I'm ready to use them, and will have the water
boiling for blanching and peeling prior to dicing.

As much as I ADORE sweet vine ripe tomatoes, the skins are just so
tough, I prefer to remove them prior to serving.

13 is a LUCKY number. ;-)
Most folks got it backwards.

Too bad it's not a full moon......
--
K.

Sprout the MungBean to reply

"I don't like to commit myself about heaven and hell‹you
see, I have friends in both places." --Mark Twain

Katra wrote:
<snip>

> Yep!
>
> It's a LUCKY day so play with your best recipe!
>
> I've got some low carb tortilla's out thawing along with some cocktail
> shrimp. I plan to make shrimp, cheese and egg breakfast "tacos" for
> breakfast and serve with avocado, red leaf lettuce and a few of the vine
> ripe tomatoes from my greenhouse as there are several on the vine. I
> won't pick them until I'm ready to use them, and will have the water
> boiling for blanching and peeling prior to dicing.

Sounds great... (drool)

> As much as I ADORE sweet vine ripe tomatoes, the skins are just so
> tough, I prefer to remove them prior to serving.

Yup, me too. Usually blanche mine in boiling water and the skins come
off without "cooking" the tomatoes..

> 13 is a LUCKY number. ;-)
> Most folks got it backwards.

Backwards I am...

> Too bad it's not a full moon......

Oh noooooooooooow, not a "fool" moon! my HD would hate you for that :)

Cheers

wrote:

> Katra wrote:
> <snip>
> >
> > Yep!
> >
> > It's a LUCKY day so play with your best recipe!
> >
> > I've got some low carb tortilla's out thawing along with some cocktail
> > shrimp. I plan to make shrimp, cheese and egg breakfast "tacos" for
> > breakfast and serve with avocado, red leaf lettuce and a few of the vine
> > ripe tomatoes from my greenhouse as there are several on the vine. I
> > won't pick them until I'm ready to use them, and will have the water
> > boiling for blanching and peeling prior to dicing.

> Sounds great... (drool)

To be honest, since this was an experiment, (I put 3 vines in 3 gallon
pots last fall and put them in one of my new greenhouses), this is early
for vine ripe 'maters here and only one of the 3 vines is producing
well. I plan to take cuttings from this one and try to propagate it
since it's being so prolific. There is just a single vine producing well
and it's called "fourth of july". Best vine I've ever had!!! Small to
medium fruits.

Most of the fruit from this vine never makes it into the house. <lol>
I eat 'em right off the vine 3 or 4 at a time! <slurp>

> > As much as I ADORE sweet vine ripe tomatoes, the skins are just so
> > tough, I prefer to remove them prior to serving.

> Yup, me too. Usually blanche mine in boiling water and the skins come
> off without "cooking" the tomatoes..

Ain't it grand? :)
My dad enjoys them more that way as well.

> > 13 is a LUCKY number. ;-)
> > Most folks got it backwards.

> Backwards I am...
> >
> > Too bad it's not a full moon......

> Oh noooooooooooow, not a "fool" moon! my HD would hate you for that :)

<lol>

> Cheers
>
> Cathy

Cheers!

Kat (going to snooze land now as it's past 5 am!!!)
--
K.

Sprout the MungBean to reply

"I don't like to commit myself about heaven and hell‹you
see, I have friends in both places." --Mark Twain

And it's my birthday...but I've had so many Friday the 13th birthdays
(I'm letting out my age ..lol) that it doesn't bother me....Sharon

cathyxyz <[email protected]> said:

>Jeeze, just tried to post this via Google and got bombed out.... It IS
>Friday 13th!

And it's Lynne A's birthday. She's 67 today.

Carol

biig wrote:
> And it's my birthday...but I've had so many Friday the 13th birthdays
> (I'm letting out my age ..lol) that it doesn't bother me....Sharon

Happy birthday :)

Damsel wrote:
> cathyxyz <[email protected]> said:
>
>> Jeeze, just tried to post this via Google and got bombed out.... It
>> IS Friday 13th!

> And it's Lynne A's birthday. She's 67 today.
>
> Carol

Happy birthday Lynne A. and biig! Hope your day is filled with happiness!

kili

"cathyxyz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Jeeze, just tried to post this via Google and got bombed out.... It IS
> Friday 13th!
>
> Anyway, as I was trying to say...
>
> Better not plan any elaborate meals today, check the freezer is working,
> check for cows in the back yard, for crocs in the river and not to
> mention the geese :)
>
> Take-aways it is! Dunno what though.... any suggestions?
> Cathy

I suggest you forego the takeaway on Fri. 13th - you may just catch a dose
of the dodgies, heheheh... ',;~}~

Shaun aRe - may be best to forget eating altogether...

"kilikini" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:eek:[email protected]...
> Damsel wrote:
> > cathyxyz <[email protected]> said:
> >
> >> Jeeze, just tried to post this via Google and got bombed out.... It
> >> IS Friday 13th!

> > And it's Lynne A's birthday. She's 67 today.
> >
> > Carol

> Happy birthday Lynne A. and biig! Hope your day is filled with happiness!
>
> kili

Thanks kili! I intend to eat and drink FAR too much to celebrate<GG> After
all, it IS Friday!

Lynne A
[email protected]

Lynne A wrote:
> "biig" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> And it's my birthday...but I've had so many Friday the 13th
>> birthdays (I'm letting out my age ..lol) that it doesn't bother
>> me....Sharon
>>

> Happy Birthday, biig, it's mine too today. Hope you get everything
> you want!
>
> Lynne A
> [email protected]

Happy birthday to both of you!

Jill

biig <[email protected]> said:

> And it's my birthday...but I've had so many Friday the 13th birthdays
>(I'm letting out my age ..lol) that it doesn't bother me....Sharon

Happy birthday, Sharon!

Carol

"Lynne A" <[email protected]> said:

>Thanks kili! I intend to eat and drink FAR too much to celebrate<GG> After
>all, it IS Friday!

No shots. 'Nuff said. ;)

Carol

Thanks for the birthday wishes....I just treated myself to a "LaCreme
Blackberry Cloud Mousse" Yummy.... It will have to be my birthday cake
since I'm diabetic.....lol....Sharon

cathyxyz wrote:
:: Jeeze, just tried to post this via Google and got bombed out.... It
IS
:: Friday 13th!
::
:: Anyway, as I was trying to say...
::
:: Better not plan any elaborate meals today, check the freezer is
working,
:: check for cows in the back yard, for crocs in the river and not to
:: mention the geese :)
::
:: Take-aways it is! Dunno what though.... any suggestions?
:: Cathy

I'm not skeered of Friday the 13th. The last time there was a Friday
the 13th, HurryCane Charlie came through here. I survived that, so I
think I can take anything from now on.

BOB
if there were any cows in the back yard, they'd be in the freezer and
parts of them would be on a Kamado on the patio

"Damsel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Lynne A" <[email protected]> said:
>
> >"Damsel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >news:[email protected]...

> >> And it's Lynne A's birthday. She's 67 today.

> >LMAO! You WISH, honey! 38 and holding, dammit.

> I'm very bitter about your youth. :)

Ahhh, well, youth is wasted on the young, no? <running like hell!>

Lynne A
[email protected]

> Carol

> Lynne A wrote:
> > "biig" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> >> And it's my birthday...but I've had so many Friday the 13th
> >> birthdays (I'm letting out my age ..lol) that it doesn't bother
> >> me....Sharon
> >>

> > Happy Birthday, biig, it's mine too today. Hope you get everything
> > you want!
> >
> > Lynne A
> > [email protected]

> Happy birthday to both of you!
>
> Jill

Thanks Jill! Was a lovely day all round-John took me to lunch and then
shopping for new clothes for my Bday, got some really cute stuff.

Lynne A
[email protected]