Kona Dew

Paul

Guest
I like the look of this bike as I want something for just winter training
and messing about on. Any views on it anyone? Is it heavy/light/fast etc?

Thank you.

Paul

My Dad got a Dr Dew (same frame and fork, but better component spec).
It's a nice hybrid bike. The riding position is obviously more
mtb-inspired than road bike style. Not superlight, but it would stand
up to some mild offroad tracks without a problem. I used it one day
for the commute I normally do on the road bike, and it was a nice
ride.
Ken

On Sat, 14 May 2005 15:04:47 +0100, "Paul" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>I like the look of this bike as I want something for just winter training
>and messing about on. Any views on it anyone? Is it heavy/light/fast etc?
>
>Thank you.
>
>Paul

"Ken" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> My Dad got a Dr Dew (same frame and fork, but better component spec).
> It's a nice hybrid bike. The riding position is obviously more
> mtb-inspired than road bike style. Not superlight, but it would stand
> up to some mild offroad tracks without a problem. I used it one day
> for the commute I normally do on the road bike, and it was a nice
> ride.
> Ken

Thanks Ken that's useful to know. To be honest I am torn between that and a
Marin hybrid, one of which I have had before but which would stretch my
budget a bit far this time around. I just want to make sure that the Kona
doesn't weigh a ton and is of a reasonable quality really. I'll be sticking
a rack on it to trundle about on but want something that I'll be able to get
a reasonable speed up on.

The last Marin I had was a great bike and I regret selling it really. One
uestion though - the Kona comes with 700 x 37c tyres as standard. Would it
be able to take slightly narrower/less nobbly ones such as 700 x 35 or even
28? I figure this may make the resistance a bit less on the road?

Cheers

Paul

"Paul" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Ken" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > My Dad got a Dr Dew (same frame and fork, but better component spec).
> > It's a nice hybrid bike. The riding position is obviously more
> > mtb-inspired than road bike style. Not superlight, but it would stand
> > up to some mild offroad tracks without a problem. I used it one day
> > for the commute I normally do on the road bike, and it was a nice
> > ride.
> > Ken

> Thanks Ken that's useful to know. To be honest I am torn between that and

> Marin hybrid, one of which I have had before but which would stretch my
> budget a bit far this time around. I just want to make sure that the Kona
> doesn't weigh a ton and is of a reasonable quality really. I'll be

sticking
> a rack on it to trundle about on but want something that I'll be able to

get
> a reasonable speed up on.
>
> The last Marin I had was a great bike and I regret selling it really. One
> uestion though - the Kona comes with 700 x 37c tyres as standard. Would

it
> be able to take slightly narrower/less nobbly ones such as 700 x 35 or

even
> 28? I figure this may make the resistance a bit less on the road?
>
> Cheers
>
> Paul

Anybody?

On Tue, 17 May 2005 07:04:00 +0100, "Paul" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>> The last Marin I had was a great bike and I regret selling it really. One
>> question though - the Kona comes with 700 x 37c tyres as standard. Would
>> it be able to take slightly narrower/less nobbly ones such as 700 x 35 or
>> even 28? I figure this may make the resistance a bit less on the road?
>>

>Anybody?

Yes, you will be able to fit narrower tyres, 28's should be no
problem. You are also right that this will be more efficient on
tarmac, the narrower tyres running at a higher pressure will roll
better (all other things being equal).

"Bob"

--

Email address is spam trapped.