Re: Do jerseys dry quicker?

wafflycat

Guest
"Chalo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
>>
>> Modern fabrics wick better, smell less, dry quicker, and
>> keep you warmer in winter and cooler in summer.

> Now I will take your word for all of these assertions save one. In my
> experience, polyesters greatly exaggerate body odor, and tend maintain
> some amount of smelliness even through washings. That's probably the
> foremost reason I don't wear synthetics anymore.
>
> Chalo Colina

In that case, you aren't washing them properly. The rule in this house is
wear once, wash immediately. 40 degrees C unless fabric guide says lower
temperature, with a gentle non-biological detergent and the stuff behaves
beautifully. Having just got back from France where the offspring cycled
500km in 2.5 days wearing cycling kit of said modern fabrics, there is no
problem with long term odour at all. If he stank, I'd tell him!

Cheers, helen s

"wafflycat" <waffles*AT*v21net*DOT*co*DOT*uk> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Chalo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
>>>
>>> Modern fabrics wick better, smell less, dry quicker, and
>>> keep you warmer in winter and cooler in summer.

>> Now I will take your word for all of these assertions save one. In my
>> experience, polyesters greatly exaggerate body odor, and tend maintain
>> some amount of smelliness even through washings. That's probably the
>> foremost reason I don't wear synthetics anymore.

> In that case, you aren't washing them properly. The rule in this house is
> wear once, wash immediately. 40 degrees C unless fabric guide says lower
> temperature, with a gentle non-biological detergent and the stuff behaves
> beautifully. Having just got back from France where the offspring cycled
> 500km in 2.5 days wearing cycling kit of said modern fabrics, there is no
> problem with long term odour at all. If he stank, I'd tell him!

While not commenting on the odour adhering qualities of synthetics, I had a
rude experience in a store once.

I was browsing through the shirts of a local sporting goods store. I pulled
out a standard name-brand polyester shirt to look at it and notice a smell.
Not a faint odour but a body odour reek that would knock over an elephant.

I figure either an employer surrepticoiusly borrowed it or a customer
returned it after wearing it without washing it.

That shirt stank!

Needless to say I passed on making a purchase.

--
'We're through the looking glass here people'
-milhouse van houten