or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

jogging with an artificial hip

post #1 of 6
can you jog with an artificial hip? I had a hip replacement over a year ago
and have a ceramic hip. Can I began to slowly jog again?
post #2 of 6

Re: jogging with an artificial hip

alison?
_______
<A
HREF="http://journals.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo">http://journal
s.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo</A>
post #3 of 6

Re: jogging with an artificial hip

or ms. Bundy...
_______
<A
HREF="http://journals.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo">http://journal
s.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo</A>
post #4 of 6

Re: jogging with an artificial hip

I ran a marathon several years ago (whenever the Boston 100th was
because it was flat course and half the people running it were trying to
qualify for it) and discovered half way thru it that the gentleman next
to me was running his first marathon on his relatively new artifical
hip. He was a personal trainer from Houston and the last I heard of him
he ran a 100 miler in Vermont.

His doctor was against it but cleared him to run. He was in his late
30's at the time and fully expected to have it replaced at least once.

For the record he hurt his hip playing rugby.

Bjetka14 <bjetka14@aol.com> wrote:

> can you jog with an artificial hip? I had a hip replacement over a year ago
> and have a ceramic hip. Can I began to slowly jog again?
post #5 of 6

"Twittering One" <virginiaz@aol.commentary> wrote in message
> or ms. Bundy...

Shouldn't that be T F Bundy?
post #6 of 6

Re: jogging with an artificial hip

All joggers are artificially hip............you are no exception.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Fitness