Speeding up metabolic Rate?

RichardH

Guest
I have been doing trisets now for 2months and they have been great, I have
lost a stone in fat just with my metabolic rate shooting through the roof
and put on piles of muscle and it only take an hour at the gym 2/3 times a
week.

Only thing is I think its time to change my routine a bit, I want to loose
my belly for good now, I know most of this is diet rather than working out,
so I will start to focus more on what gets consumed but I was wondering if
there are any other types of high intensity work outs like trisets that keep
ya ripped?

I was also wondering if any of you know of any good trisets I am not doing?

At the minute I am only doing biceps, triceps, chest, shoulders and upper
back.

I would like a new routine for upper back because I dont feel its working at
all?

Any advise or information would be great :)

"RichardH" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>I have been doing trisets now for 2months and they have been great, I have
>lost a stone in fat just with my metabolic rate shooting through the roof
>and put on piles of muscle and it only take an hour at the gym 2/3 times a
>week.
>
> Only thing is I think its time to change my routine a bit, I want to loose
> my belly for good now, I know most of this is diet rather than working
> out, so I will start to focus more on what gets consumed but I was
> wondering if there are any other types of high intensity work outs like
> trisets that keep ya ripped?
>
> I was also wondering if any of you know of any good trisets I am not
> doing?
>
> At the minute I am only doing biceps, triceps, chest, shoulders and upper
> back.
>
> I would like a new routine for upper back because I dont feel its working
> at all?
>
> Any advise or information would be great :)

Eat 6 small meals a day every couple of hours. Your metabolism will go
ballistic and you'll be shitting 4 times a day.

Fraser

On Thu, 19 May 2005 13:01:59 +0100, "RichardH" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>I have been doing trisets now for 2months and they have been great, I have
>lost a stone in fat just with my metabolic rate shooting through the roof
>and put on piles of muscle and it only take an hour at the gym 2/3 times a
>week.

Good for you.

>Only thing is I think its time to change my routine a bit, I want to loose
>my belly for good now, I know most of this is diet rather than working out,
>so I will start to focus more on what gets consumed but I was wondering if
>there are any other types of high intensity work outs like trisets that keep
>ya ripped?

I don't know what trisets are, but compound exercises
like squats, deadlifts, pullups and presses do a good job
of working a lot of muscle and stimulating the metabolic
rate.

>At the minute I am only doing biceps, triceps, chest, shoulders and
>upper back.

You are definitely losing out by only working about 30% of the
body's muscle mass.

>I would like a new routine for upper back because I dont feel its
>working at all?

Pullups or chinups are the best upper back exercise. There
are machines that provide assistance if you can't do them.
Pulldowns are a decent substitute, as are various forms of
rows. See http://www.exrx.net/Lists/ExList/BackWt.html

--
Helgi Briem hbriem AT simnet DOT is

Helgi Briem <[email protected]> wrote:
:> On Thu, 19 May 2005 13:01:59 +0100, "RichardH"
:> <[email protected]> wrote:
:>
[...]

Imagine the boost in MR if he did some lower body movements that involved
his major muscle mass! Instead of looking for a new routine, how about
finding one that isn't retarded?

I like to do a chest movement, followed immediately with a leg movement,
followed by a upper back movement, followed by a lower back movement.
Repeat that several times with as little rests as you stand. Then I switch
over to a shoulder movement, an ab movement, then a leg movement (typical
hams for me), and another back movement. Repeat several times. Finish off
with isolation for tri's&bi's. I have to do this at night, after 8:30, when
my gym is uncrowded.

:>
:> >I would like a new routine for upper back because I dont feel its
:> >working at all?
:>
:> Pullups or chinups are the best upper back exercise. There
:> are machines that provide assistance if you can't do them.
:> Pulldowns are a decent substitute, as are various forms of
:> rows. See http://www.exrx.net/Lists/ExList/BackWt.html
:>
:> --

You eat too much. I only **** once, maybe twice.
--
-Larry

I read something like this before... I might try this... What size of meals
are we talking here?

thanks

Thank you for the advise, I will definatly start including pull ups in my
routine for upper back, I might look into adding deadlifts too if i can....

A triset basically is:

for example, chest:
incline dumbells (26kg) x 6
flat dumbell press (30kg) x 6
decline bench press (70kg) x 6

And you do this 3 times without stopping. Obviously the weights are what I
do and you can change them.