on letsrun: Dean Karnazes' "gig is up"

Donovan Rebbechi

Guest
Seen on letsrun.com:

Dean Karnazes: The gig is up 5/27/2005 8:24AM
Scott Jurek is entered in this year's Badwater Ultra. Will Karnazes finish
before Jurek is back home in bed in Seattle?

Cheers,
--
Donovan Rebbechi
http://pegasus.rutgers.edu/~elflord/

"Donovan Rebbechi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Seen on letsrun.com:
>
> Dean Karnazes: The gig is up 5/27/2005 8:24AM
> Scott Jurek is entered in this year's Badwater Ultra. Will Karnazes
> finish
> before Jurek is back home in bed in Seattle?

Scott is one great runner but the Badwater heat and trying to eat, drink
and keep salt in balance is the real battle in this event. I don't think
Karnazes claims to be fast just likes to run further than most. With BW
being both hot and longer I'm not picking, just watching. In any
"normal" 100, I would agree, Scott is catching some shut eye while K is
still trudging along.

-DougF