or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

treadmill question: creaking/cracking sound

post #1 of 4
>So the big question is: what is causing the sound?

The treadmill.

> Is it potentially
>dangerous enough that I should stop using it? Thanks in advance.

Absolutely! Never, ever run on it again.
post #2 of 4

Re: treadmill question: creaking/cracking sound

For the answer to the creaking/cracking sound, merely gaze into the
mirror, at the behemoth staring back. It's a treadmill, not a railroad
car.
post #3 of 4

"Lil" <lilleyl2@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Bought a pacemaster pro plus II recently. Loved the machine and for a
> while I was trying to increase workout intensity by walking fast (3.4
> mph) with an incline for 6-7%. Initially, it was not a problem, but I
> noticed a creaking/cracking sound when I was walking in this mode.
> Initially, it was sporadic and occassional, but it has since gotten
> more frequent.

I've been running on my treadmill for a few years. I had a problem where
the belt overheated the board underneath and it punched a hole through it.
You might check for that. The reply by the makers of the equipment was to
suggest lubricating the board once a month with their 'special lube', which
felt suspiciously like mineral oil. So, mineral oil is what I use now on a
new board and no problems. YMMV

Alternatively, you could have a variety of stresses on the machine and it's
excaserbated by the incline position and could be why you don't hear it when
it's not inclined.

Clear skies,
Roger
R o g e r H e r z l e r <><
"What the country needs is dirtier fingernails
and cleaner minds." -Will Rogers (1879-1935)
journey through your universe: http://astronomylinks.com/
NOTE: Incoming e-mail with .ZIP and .EXE attachments are
automatically deleted.
post #4 of 4

Re: treadmill question: creaking/cracking sound

I'm sure the "NOT INTENDED FOR LIVESTOCK USE" just fell off the t-mill.
If you write the manufacturer, they'll probably send you a new one, free
of charge.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Fitness