North West Scotland

Hugh Spicer

Guest
Can anyone recommend any good off road stuff in the far North West of Scotland (Durness,
Cape Wrath) ?

--
Hugh [email protected] visit the site at: www.hughspicer.fsnet.co.uk

"Hugh Spicer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Can anyone recommend any good off road stuff in the far North West of Scotland (Durness, Cape
> Wrath) ?

There's an excellent book called 101 Mountain-Bike Routes in Scotland, written by Harry Henniker,
Mainstream Publishing, ISBN 1-85158-936-8. He's got three locations,

Kyle of Durness to Cape Wrath (well written up elsewhere),

a 9mile easy explore in Borgie Forest Nr Borgie on A836,

and a 14 mile return archeologically interesting route at Truderscraig in Naver forest. The B871
joins B873 at Syre and theres parking at Rosal, which is a pre Clearances village. Hope this
helps Mike

MBR had some great pics from up there a couple of years back, I think near Kinlochbervie. If anyone
has any details I'd also love to hear them, since I love that area and the trail looked excellent.

There is another I found on the web called "The Arkle Loop", which I'm sure google will find
for you. It did a loop around just south from there, looking over to Foinaven etc. Again,
stunning scenery.

John

"Hugh Spicer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Can anyone recommend any good off road stuff in the far North West of Scotland (Durness, Cape
> Wrath) ?
>
> --
> Hugh [email protected] visit the site at: www.hughspicer.fsnet.co.uk

http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups ---= 19
East/West-Coast Specialized Servers - Total Privacy via Encryption =---