90 minute WO vs. 60 minutes.

I hear that only runs of 90 minutes or more are good for the heart,
but I currently run 6 per day. Would it be better to run 90 minutes
every otherday, or 6o minutes 6 days a week with an occasional 90
minute run thrown in? My goal is strictly to be heart-healthy.

>I hear that only runs of 90 minutes or more are good for the heart

Now just where did you hear that? You must have bought MacElroy's
book: "Running for the Compleat Idiot."

>I hear that only runs of 90 minutes or more are good for the heart,
> but I currently run 6 per day. Would it be better to run 90 minutes
> every otherday, or 6o minutes 6 days a week with an occasional 90
> minute run thrown in? My goal is strictly to be heart-healthy.

Run 20 min per day on 80-90% MHR.

--
Nik

>I posted here because I was told that Donovan and a few others would
give me good advice, instead I got a few smartass's. So thank you for
your reply.

Um, right. We thought you were keeping the cholesterol thing in check
with garlic?

On 5 Jun 2005 22:19:26 -0700, [email protected] wrote:

>>I posted here because I was told that Donovan and a few others would

>give me good advice, instead I got a few smartass's. So thank you for
>your reply.
>
>Um, right. We thought you were keeping the cholesterol thing in check
>with garlic?

You did? That's very interesting, and just where did you get this
little fantasy from? My bad breath? You don't even know anymore than
my first name.

>You did? That's very interesting, and just where did you get this
little fantasy from? My bad breath? You don't even know anymore than
my first name.

No, if we were judging by your breath we'd have figured pot smoking was
your health strategy. The garlic capsules don't really affect your
breath unless you belch. Or so Charles says.

I was trying to be helpful. I assume your post re: smartass's was
directed to others. As for running and cholesterol - running is an
excercise that increases the HDL levels, which in turn increases your
reverse cholesterol transport. Most studies have found that HDL levels
increase sharply until about 30 miles/week, and then the increase gradually
decreases up to about 40 miles a week - again, thereafter the increase is a
diminished return. You can google HDL and exercise and you should find
several studies.

news:[email protected]...

On Mon, 6 Jun 2005 19:38:57 -0400, "Ham String" <ham@spam-blam> wrote:

> I was trying to be helpful. I assume your post re: smartass's was
>directed to others. As for running and cholesterol - running is an
>excercise that increases the HDL levels, which in turn increases your
>reverse cholesterol transport. Most studies have found that HDL levels
>increase sharply until about 30 miles/week, and then the increase gradually
>decreases up to about 40 miles a week - again, thereafter the increase is a
>diminished return. You can google HDL and exercise and you should find
>several studies.

Yes I know you were. Thank you.
My comments were aimed at the guys in the other replys saying I have
'bad breath from garlic' are the clowns.
This will be my first and last posts here.

On Mon, 6 Jun 2005 19:38:57 -0400, "Ham String" <ham@spam-blam> wrote:

> I was trying to be helpful. I assume your post re: smartass's was
>directed to others. As for running and cholesterol - running is an
>excercise that increases the HDL levels, which in turn increases your
>reverse cholesterol transport. Most studies have found that HDL levels
>increase sharply until about 30 miles/week, and then the increase gradually
>decreases up to about 40 miles a week - again, thereafter the increase is a
>diminished return. You can google HDL and exercise and you should find
>several studies.

Yes I know you were, as was Rick. Thank you.

There's a lot of noise on these groups, unfortunately. The really annoying
persons can be filtered locally on your computer so their posts never even
show up (see "Tools/Message Rules/Block Sender List" if you use outlook).
Stick around, after a while you won't even notice them...

<>
> Yes I know you were. Thank you.
> My comments were aimed at the guys in the other replys saying I have
> 'bad breath from garlic' are the clowns.
> This will be my first and last posts here.

>There's a lot of noise on these groups, unfortunately. The really annoying
persons can be filtered locally on your computer so their posts never
even
show up (see "Tools/Message Rules/Block Sender List" if you use
outlook).
Stick around, after a while you won't even notice them...>

Sorry, he didn't see that, he has you blocked.