Question regading shoe fit

Steve + Laura

Guest
Hi everyone, I just bought my first clipless shoes, and am wondering about fit. How snug should your
bike shoes be? Is it an advantage to have stiff shoes? Just looking for any constructive info.

Thanks,

Steve.

Steve + Laura <[email protected]> wrote in news:3F1DA9E0.3050908 @yahoo.com:
> I just bought my first clipless shoes, and am wondering about fit. How snug should your bike shoes
> be? Is it an advantage to have stiff shoes? Just looking for any constructive info.

Stiffer is more efficient. Also, real flexy shoes can be very uncomfortable with the edges of your
pedal pinching your feet.

Cycling shoes should be tighter than walking shoes. The front of the shoe should almost touch your
biggest toe. The sides shouldn't be too snug, though. Remember that you feet will swell somewhat on
long rides and also that you tend to pull your feet backwards (rather than slide forwards like in
walking shoes).