or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Hooger-Booger bikes?

post #1 of 11
Zilla wrote:
> Local ad says...
>
> Purchased in Germany a few years ago and brought back to the U.S.
> Hooger-Booger stock trials bike, custom built specifically for trials
> w/ gussetted frame, elevated chainstays, and integrated bash guard at
> the bottom bracket. Magura hydraulic brakes w/ boosters, rock solid
> feel and control. A unique, one-of-a-kind find at a bargain price...
>
> Anyone heard of these bikes? Name doesn't sound appealing I know...

I wouldn't pick it.

Bill "prefers the Boogie-Loogie for its splatter paint job" S.
post #2 of 11

Re: Hooger-Booger bikes?

Zilla wrote:
> Bill Sornson <sorni@bite-me.san.rr.com> wrote:
>> Zilla wrote:

>>> Anyone heard of these bikes? Name doesn't sound appealing I know...

>> I wouldn't pick it.
>>
>> Bill "prefers the Boogie-Loogie for its splatter paint job" S.

> Why?

More squish; quite delish.

Bill "ewwwwwwwwwww" S.
post #3 of 11

Re: Hooger-Booger bikes?

"Bill Sornson" <sorni@bite-me.san.rr.com> wrote:

>Zilla wrote:
>> Local ad says...
>>
>> Purchased in Germany a few years ago and brought back to the U.S.
>> Hooger-Booger stock trials bike, custom built specifically for trials
>> w/ gussetted frame, elevated chainstays, and integrated bash guard at
>> the bottom bracket. Magura hydraulic brakes w/ boosters, rock solid
>> feel and control. A unique, one-of-a-kind find at a bargain price...
>>
>> Anyone heard of these bikes? Name doesn't sound appealing I know...

>I wouldn't pick it.

Based on just the name, I would guess it' snot hard to flick one
around.

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $695 ti frame
post #4 of 11

Re: Hooger-Booger bikes?

"Phil, Squid-in-Training" <phil_leeIHEARTBASHGUARDS@hotmail.com> wrote in
message news:IFixd.129361$8G4.124847@tornado.tampabay.rr.com...

> "Zilla" <zilla62@XSPAMbellsouth.net> wrote in message
> > Local ad says...
> >
> > Purchased in Germany a few years ago and brought back to the U.S.
> > Hooger-Booger stock trials bike, custom built specifically for trials w/
> > gussetted frame, elevated chainstays, and integrated bash guard at the
> > bottom bracket. Magura hydraulic brakes w/ boosters, rock solid feel and
> > control. A unique, one-of-a-kind find at a bargain price...
> >
> > Anyone heard of these bikes? Name doesn't sound appealing I know...

> GT is an expert on this one!

He is?
post #5 of 11

message news:Hmuxd.179900$6w6.156301@tornado.tampabay.rr.com...

> "G.T." <getnews1@dslextreme.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "Phil, Squid-in-Training" <phil_leeIHEARTBASHGUARDS@hotmail.com> wrote

in
> > message news:IFixd.129361$8G4.124847@tornado.tampabay.rr.com...
> > >
> > > "Zilla" <zilla62@XSPAMbellsouth.net> wrote in message

trials
> w/

the

> and

> > > GT is an expert on this one!
> > >

> > He is?
> >

> Trials bike... not dirt... "THIS IS AMB" that kind of thing.

Trials isn't done on dirt? It sure was when I rode it. And I did it on a
mountain on a mountain bike. Has it turned into some circus act like that
indoors place in Cleveland?

GT
post #6 of 11

Re: Hooger-Booger bikes?

"Phil, Squid-in-Training" <phil_leeIHEARTBASHGUARDS@hotmail.com> wrote in
message news:Hmuxd.179900$6w6.156301@tornado.tampabay.rr.com...
> Trials bike... not dirt... "THIS IS AMB" that kind of thing.

What are you talking about? Go read a little bit about the bicycle trials
world, you need to learn a few things...

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!
post #7 of 11

Re: Hooger-Booger bikes?

> Trials isn't done on dirt? It sure was when I rode it. And I did it on a
> mountain on a mountain bike. Has it turned into some circus act like that
> indoors place in Cleveland?

True trials bicycle riding still exists in the world and it still has a
loyal following. That place in Cleveland has nothing to do with trials...

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!
post #8 of 11

Re: Hooger-Booger bikes?

Hard to choose between the lime green and brown, they're both so tasty!
/s
post #9 of 11

Re: Hooger-Booger bikes?

"Zilla" <zilla62@XSPAMbellsouth.net> wrote in message
> Local ad says...
>
> Purchased in Germany a few years ago and brought back to the U.S.
> Hooger-Booger stock trials bike, custom built specifically for trials w/
> gussetted frame, elevated chainstays, and integrated bash guard at the
> bottom bracket. Magura hydraulic brakes w/ boosters, rock solid feel and
> control. A unique, one-of-a-kind find at a bargain price...
>
> Anyone heard of these bikes? Name doesn't sound appealing I know...
>
> --

If you're looking for a trials bike, have a look at Monty, better value for
your money...

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!
post #10 of 11