Chuckle of the Day

Andy <Q> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> http://tinyurl.com/amrm3

"Blondie" is one of three I read regularly. Thanks for this link.

BTW: Do you know if any of "Rhymes with Orange" most recent are on the
web? There was one dealing with The Almighty's lunch that had me in
stitches!

The Ranger

"The Ranger" <[email protected]> wrote in news:11bg46uhsvv3k33
@corp.supernews.com:

> "Blondie" is one of three I read regularly. Thanks for this link.
>
> BTW: Do you know if any of "Rhymes with Orange" most recent are on the
> web? There was one dealing with The Almighty's lunch that had me in
> stitches!
>
> The Ranger

Ranger,

Here's a link that is current:

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/fun/rhymes.asp?date=20050621

I guess she doesn't write a Sunday comic.

I'll have to start reading this one!

All the best,

Andy

Andy <Q> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Here's a link that is current:
>
> http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/fun/rhymes.asp?date=20050621

Dangit! I'm running NAV2003... I can't view the comic till I dink with
some settings. <sigh> (I wonder why I was able to view "Blondie" this
morning?)

> I guess she doesn't write a Sunday comic.

She does but I think it's only in print (at the moment.)

> I'll have to start reading this one!

You'll enjoy it.

Andy, Are you a fan of Lynn Johnston and For Better Or For Worse? I
met her today and she made a little drawing for my favorite little
girl! If you are crazy about her, I also have a printed Sunday strip
that she autographed and if you want it, I will mail it to you. To
thank you for my daily chuckles. :eek:)

Margaret Suran <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> Andy, Are you a fan of Lynn Johnston and For Better Or For Worse? I
> met her today and she made a little drawing for my favorite little
> girl! If you are crazy about her, I also have a printed Sunday strip
> that she autographed and if you want it, I will mail it to you. To
> thank you for my daily chuckles. :eek:)

Margaret,

I'm not familiar with her strip. Take that drawing and have it framed
immediately! Is the Sunday comic the actual artwork she drew? That stuff
is highly collectible! That's very kind offer but you should keep the
pieces together.

I'll keep the chuckles coming, no charge! :)

All the best,

Andy

Andy wrote:
> Margaret Suran <[email protected]> wrote in
> news:[email protected]:
>

>>Andy, Are you a fan of Lynn Johnston and For Better Or For Worse? I
>>met her today and she made a little drawing for my favorite little
>>girl! If you are crazy about her, I also have a printed Sunday strip
>>that she autographed and if you want it, I will mail it to you. To
>>thank you for my daily chuckles. :eek:)

> Margaret,
>
> I'm not familiar with her strip. Take that drawing and have it framed
> immediately! Is the Sunday comic the actual artwork she drew? That stuff
> is highly collectible! That's very kind offer but you should keep the
> pieces together.
>
> I'll keep the chuckles coming, no charge! :)
>
> All the best,
>
> Andy

No, Andy, it is a printed Sunday strip of which there were hundreds
for her to give to her fans. She appeared at the Licensing Show in
New York City. The picture she drew for the little girl is unique and
may some day be considered a "collectible".

I met her there five years ago. She was late, because the weather had
delayed her plane. She was also very hungry. I had some home baked
cookies and I gave them to her. She made some wonderful drawings for
the Charity Auction. I happened to have the same kind with me today.
That is when she remembered me. When she saw the cookies. :eek:)

Having collected autographs for a Charity Foundation for more than a
dozen years, I know something about valuable memorabilia. There was a
day when I could have picked up original Warner Brother cartoon cells
or cels, but I was too stupid to do it. It was when one of the
Hannah/Barbera team came to Brooklyn. He drew and autographed for us
and there was a bunch of stuff, all original for sale at ridiculously
low prices. I didn't buy anything. A short time later, I saw some of
the things on eBay for incredibly high prices and everything was
snapped up quickly. I never make the right financial moves. :eek:(

Here is a strip from For Better Or For Worse

http://www.dilbert.com/comics/forbetter/index.html

It is a very special comic. Lynn told me that she just put into it
everything that happened in her family at the same time.

Margaret Suran <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

Margaret,

<snip>

> I met her there five years ago. She was late, because the weather had
> delayed her plane. She was also very hungry. I had some home baked
> cookies and I gave them to her. She made some wonderful drawings for
> the Charity Auction. I happened to have the same kind with me today.
> That is when she remembered me. When she saw the cookies. :eek:)

What a fun way to be remembered! Good thinking to bring another batch!

<snip>

> Here is a strip from For Better Or For Worse
>
> http://www.dilbert.com/comics/forbetter/index.html
>
> It is a very special comic. Lynn told me that she just put into it
> everything that happened in her family at the same time.

She draws her daily comic strip in color?

http://images.ucomics.com/comics/fb/2005/fb050622.gif

(This was a redirect from the Washington Post comics site)

Andy