bad blood between Armstrong and Ullrich?

Boyd Speerschne

Guest
I thought I read somewhere that they aren't particularly fond of one another. They only things I've
ever read come out of their mouths, however, is tactful respect. So which is it? Please site your
sources. Thanks,

- Boyd S.

>From: Boyd Speerschneider [email protected]

Even in the German stuff I've never heard Jan say anything bad about Lance. That's not his style
either though. Bill C

I agree they seem to respect each other a lot, particularly in front of the media for this tour.
However, from the March 2003 of Pro Cycling:

"Ullrich doesn't have the attitude of a champion,"..."I would have ridden at CSC for free."
Armstrong is quoted as saying.

And from the same issue, Ullrich's comment: "From a distance, sitting somewhere in America freading
the papers, you can't judge what I did, so the best thing would be to say nothing. Professional
cycling is a job...you wouldn't do it for free if somebody offers you money.... in the end though,
it's not Armstrong's business."

Jan killed Lance's mother. Lance raped Jan's cat.

Lance's mom is still alive... Jan's cat is not pregnant...

On 26 Jul 2003 02:51:06 GMT, [email protected] (Hugh G. Reckshun) wrote:

>Jan killed Lance's mother. Lance raped Jan's cat.

Oops! Forgot about the testicular thing...

Earle Self wrote:

> Oops! Forgot about the testicular thing...

Not to mention the species thing...

> On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 22:02:31 -0500, Earle Self <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> >Lance's mom is still alive... Jan's cat is not pregnant...
> >
> >On 26 Jul 2003 02:51:06 GMT, [email protected] (Hugh G. Reckshun) wrote:
> >
> >>Jan killed Lance's mother. Lance raped Jan's cat.
> >>-------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Boyd Speerschneider" <[email protected]> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:[email protected]...
> I thought I read somewhere that they aren't particularly fond of one
another.
> They only things I've ever read come out of their mouths, however, is
tactful
> respect. So which is it?

The difference between Ullrich and Armstrong:

- When Ullrich crashed in 2001 and Armstrong did wait for him the first thing Jan did was saying
"Thank You" to Armstrong. (That moment Armstrong in Yellow was some minutes better in the GC).

- When Armstrong crashed some days ago and Ullrich did wait for him, Armstrong came back and
attacked immediately. No 'thank you'. (That moment Ullrich was neither in Yellow nor leading the
GC a couple of minutes, but 15 sec behind Armstrong).

That's the difference!

And that's the reason Armstrong will always get respect in Europe but never be popular. He never
will be called an real "Real Champion".

No charisma - only a strong racing machine.

Manuel

"M. Wehrmann" wrote:

> "Boyd Speerschneider" <[email protected]> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> news:[email protected]...
> > I thought I read somewhere that they aren't particularly fond of one
> another.
> > They only things I've ever read come out of their mouths, however, is
> tactful
> > respect. So which is it?
>
> The difference between Ullrich and Armstrong:
>
> - When Ullrich crashed in 2001 and Armstrong did wait for him the first thing Jan did was saying
> "Thank You" to Armstrong. (That moment Armstrong in Yellow was some minutes better in the GC).
>
> - When Armstrong crashed some days ago and Ullrich did wait for him, Armstrong came back and
> attacked immediately. No 'thank you'. (That moment Ullrich was neither in Yellow nor leading
> the GC a couple of minutes, but 15 sec behind Armstrong).
>
> That's the difference!
>
> And that's the reason Armstrong will always get respect in Europe but never be popular. He never
> will be called an real "Real Champion".
>
> No charisma - only a strong racing machine.
>
> Manuel

And cycling will never be called a "real sport" in America in our lifetimes.

On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 10:55:09 +0200, "M. Wehrmann" <[email protected]> wrote:

>"Boyd Speerschneider" <[email protected]> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>news:[email protected]...
>> I thought I read somewhere that they aren't particularly fond of one
>another.
>> They only things I've ever read come out of their mouths, however, is
>tactful
>> respect. So which is it?
>

>The difference between Ullrich and Armstrong:
>
>- When Ullrich crashed in 2001 and Armstrong did wait for him the first thing Jan did was saying
> "Thank You" to Armstrong. (That moment Armstrong in Yellow was some minutes better in the GC).
>

>- When Armstrong crashed some days ago and Ullrich did wait for him, Armstrong came back and
> attacked immediately. No 'thank you'. (That moment Ullrich was neither in Yellow nor leading the
> GC a couple of minutes, but 15 sec behind Armstrong).
>
>That's the difference!
>
>And that's the reason Armstrong will always get respect in Europe but never be popular. He never
>will be called an real "Real Champion".

As long as you check the fact prior to posting any ****, you'll never be called a decent or smart
person. Mayo attacked, Lance just countered.

"M. Wehrmann" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> "Boyd Speerschneider" <[email protected]> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> news:[email protected]...
> > I thought I read somewhere that they aren't particularly fond of one
> another.
> > They only things I've ever read come out of their mouths, however, is
> tactful
> > respect. So which is it?
>

> The difference between Ullrich and Armstrong:
>
> - When Ullrich crashed in 2001 and Armstrong did wait for him the first thing Jan did was saying
> "Thank You" to Armstrong. (That moment Armstrong in Yellow was some minutes better in the GC).
>

> - When Armstrong crashed some days ago and Ullrich did wait for him, Armstrong came back and
> attacked immediately. No 'thank you'. (That moment Ullrich was neither in Yellow nor leading
> the GC a couple of minutes, but 15 sec behind Armstrong).
>
> That's the difference!
>
> And that's the reason Armstrong will always get respect in Europe but
never
> be popular. He never will be called an real "Real Champion".
>
> No charisma - only a strong racing machine.
>
> Manuel

Armstrong and Ullrich rode together for a time, then Mayo looked back and attacked again. Armstrong
HAD to go with him, considering Mayo's standing in the GC.

M.

> - When Armstrong crashed some days ago and Ullrich did wait for him, Armstrong came back and
> attacked immediately. No 'thank you'. (That moment Ullrich was neither in Yellow nor leading
> the GC a couple of minutes, but 15 sec behind Armstrong).
>
> That's the difference!

That is a ridiculous argument.

Armstrong crashed seconds after he had ALREADY started an attack. Not only that, it was pivotal
strategically that he attack at the very moment he did. Did you expect him to remount and then just
ride next to Ullrich and possibly forfeit the entire tour ??!!

That is stupid that you would even try and draw a comparison between the two events. They took place
under completely different circumstances.

Aside from all that, you guys all sound like a bunch of 15 year old kids the way you so
competitively defend your favorite riders. Are all of you really that immature ? Can't you all just
admit that all of these riders are phenomenal ? You bicker and fight over LeMond and Lance and
Ullrich and Merckx. They are all amazing athletes. All of them raced and competed under different
circumstances, why try and compare them ? Even in the tour this year, Ullrich and Lance are
seperated by just over a minute. They are both amazing. Who knows, maybe if this ... or maybe if
that .... or maybe maybe maybe ....

All of them are great riders and i would hope this greatness would inspire you to strive for
greatness in your own lives, instead of fuel all these senseless comparisons.

Why dont you guys go out and get on YOUR bikes ? And try and be as great as any one of these riders
? I'm a runner .... and will go on a nice long run today.

You should let the determination of these riders inspire you in your own life somehow.

Anyway, just my 2 cents.

I know it's fun to get behind a team or an athlete ... But really now, we must all remember that any
one of these riders at the tour de france deserves our respect .... They have all accomplished
something none of us here have (unless I'm wrong and there are tour riders here ?). So I wouldnt
rush to pass judgement on any of them if I were you.

Very well said. They all sound like a bunch of jealous bike racer wannabe types

news:[email protected]...