ttt stage

Andre

Guest
In my opinion the deciding gap between Armstrong and Ulrich was made on the stage team trial.
Armstrong gained ( I don't know 2 minutes or so) on Jan. I believe if you take that stage away Jan
wears yellow into paris. Armstrong's team is clearly better than Jan's, but head to head Ulrich is
stronger than Lance. I wonder what would be the difference if Jan had Lance's team and vice versa.
Question: If Jan had been in yellow when Lance fell down, would he have waited for him? But I think
too much is being made out of that stage in the Pyrenees, since if he hadn't waited for Lance, the
American would have attacked anyway and won the stage (maybe not by 40 seconds but by 20 or so).

disilusioned Belgian cycling fan ...Andre

Try 43" in the team time trial. You do the math -- you obviously haven't done the research.

"Andre" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In my opinion the deciding gap between Armstrong and Ulrich was made on the stage team trial.
> Armstrong gained ( I don't know 2 minutes or so) on Jan. I believe if you take that stage away Jan
> wears yellow into paris. Armstrong's team is clearly better than Jan's, but head to head Ulrich is
> stronger than Lance. I wonder what would be the difference if Jan had Lance's team and vice versa.
> Question: If Jan had been in yellow when Lance fell down, would he have waited for him? But I
> think too much is being made out of that stage in the Pyrenees, since if he hadn't waited for
> Lance, the American would have attacked anyway and won the stage (maybe not by 40 seconds but by
> 20 or so).
>
> disilusioned Belgian cycling fan ...Andre

1) Lance would have waited for him without a doubt. Lance hugely believes in the traditions of the
race and says so time and time again for years.
2) I think Lance *still* wins by a small margin if you remove the TTT but let someone else
do the math.
3) Lance would have ridden differently had there been no TTT so it isn't a fair comparison. For
example he may have attacked more etc. and still won. Removing the TTT again isn't fair if you
don't consider that removing it the riders may have chosen to ride the *rest* of the race
differently.

Andre wrote:

> In my opinion the deciding gap between Armstrong and Ulrich was made on the stage team trial.
> Armstrong gained ( I don't know 2 minutes or so) on Jan. I believe if you take that stage away Jan
> wears yellow into paris. Armstrong's team is clearly better than Jan's, but head to head Ulrich is
> stronger than Lance. I wonder what would be the difference if Jan had Lance's team and vice versa.
> Question: If Jan had been in yellow when Lance fell down, would he have waited for him? But I
> think too much is being made out of that stage in the Pyrenees, since if he hadn't waited for
> Lance, the American would have attacked anyway and won the stage (maybe not by 40 seconds but by
> 20 or so).

If, if, if, if, if...

> disilusioned Belgian cycling fan ...Andre

What exactly were your illusions?

Steve

--
Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS Brooklyn, NY 718-258-5001 http://www.dentaltwins.com

Couldn't you even look up that the ttt difference was only 43"? This has blown up in the eurocentric
minds over the last two weeks and gets bigger with every moan.

Andre wrote:

> In my opinion the deciding gap between Armstrong and Ulrich was made on the stage team trial.
> Armstrong gained ( I don't know 2 minutes or so) on Jan. I believe if you take that stage away Jan
> wears yellow into paris. Armstrong's team is clearly better than Jan's, but head to head Ulrich is
> stronger than Lance. I wonder what would be the difference if Jan had Lance's team and vice versa.
> Question: If Jan had been in yellow when Lance fell down, would he have waited for him? But I
> think too much is being made out of that stage in the Pyrenees, since if he hadn't waited for
> Lance, the American would have attacked anyway and won the stage (maybe not by 40 seconds but by
> 20 or so).
>
> disilusioned Belgian cycling fan ...Andre

"Andre" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In my opinion the deciding gap between Armstrong and Ulrich was made on the stage team trial.

Dumbass -

If JAN really should have won this tour, then he should have taken 40 seconds off LANCE at Luz
Ardiden rather than vice versa.

Andre wrote:
> In my opinion the deciding gap between Armstrong and Ulrich was made on the stage team trial.
> Armstrong gained ( I don't know 2 minutes or so) on Jan.

Nope. It was only 0:43 < 1:16 which implies he would still be behind even with your flawed logic.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2003/tour03/?id=results/stage4

Moreover, without the TTT and its resultant lead for USPS, the tactics on regular stages would have
changed so there's no good way to predict what would have happened without the TTT. LA and USPS
would have worked for more time on JU in the mountains and they might have gotten it.

--Bill Davidson
--
Please remove ".nospam" from my address for email replies.

I'm a 17 year veteran of usenet -- you'd think I'd be over it by now

news:<[email protected]>...
> "Andre" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > In my opinion the deciding gap between Armstrong and Ulrich was made on the stage team trial.
>

> Dumbass -
>

> If JAN really should have won this tour, then he should have taken 40 seconds off LANCE at Luz
> Ardiden rather than vice versa.

just making conversation and points... figuring out things. You wouldn't talk like that face to face
so why do it on computer?

"StanSD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Troll...The what if game is a bit much...what if Lance hadn't crashed...what if Ulrich hadn't
> fallen down...what if it hadn't rained...speculation like this is a waste of time. What matters is
> who stands on the podium tomorrow.
>
> Stan
>

> "Andre" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > In my opinion the deciding gap between Armstrong and Ulrich was made on the stage team trial.
> > Armstrong gained ( I don't know 2 minutes or so) on Jan. I believe if you take that stage away
> > Jan wears yellow into paris. Armstrong's team is clearly better than Jan's, but head to head
> > Ulrich is stronger than Lance. I wonder what would be the difference if Jan had Lance's team and
> > vice versa. Question: If Jan had been in yellow when Lance fell down, would he have waited for
> > him? But I think too much is being made out of that stage in the Pyrenees, since if he hadn't
> > waited for Lance, the American would have attacked anyway and won the stage (maybe not by 40
> > seconds but by 20 or so).
> >
> > disilusioned Belgian cycling fan ...Andre

Stan,what you mean troll? Troll your mother.

Bill Davidson <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<fFAUa.27156$Ne.8368@fed1read03>...
> Andre wrote:
> > In my opinion the deciding gap between Armstrong and Ulrich was made on the stage team trial.
> > Armstrong gained ( I don't know 2 minutes or so) on Jan.
>
> Nope. It was only 0:43 < 1:16 which implies he would still be behind even with your flawed logic.
>
> http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2003/tour03/?id=results/stage4
>
> Moreover, without the TTT and its resultant lead for USPS, the tactics on regular stages would
> have changed so there's no good way to predict what would have happened without the TTT. LA and
> USPS would have worked for more time on JU in the mountains and they might have gotten it.
>
> --Bill Davidson

Ok Bill, point taken. But I think it would be fun to speculate what the results may have been if
the teams would have been reversed for Lance and Jan.

"David Corsi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> 1) Lance would have waited for him without a doubt. Lance hugely believes in the traditions of the
> race and says so time and time again for years.
> 2) I think Lance *still* wins by a small margin if you remove the TTT but let someone else do the
> math.
> 3) Lance would have ridden differently had there been no TTT so it isn't a fair comparison. For
> example he may have attacked more etc. and still won. Removing the TTT again isn't fair if you
> don't consider that removing it the riders may have chosen to ride the *rest* of the race
> differently.

3) is an excellent point. You can't assume the rest of the race would have gone the same.

"Andre" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Kurgan Gringioni" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:<[email protected]>...
> > "Andre" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > In my opinion the deciding gap between Armstrong and Ulrich was made on the stage team trial.
> >

> > Dumbass -
> >

> > If JAN really should have won this tour, then he should have taken 40 seconds off LANCE at Luz
> > Ardiden rather than vice versa.
>

> just making conversation and points... figuring out things. You wouldn't talk like that face to
> face so why do it on computer?

Dumbass -

You are incorrect.

I would call you a dumbass to your face because you are a dumbass.

cheers.

news:<[email protected]>...
> "Andre" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > "Kurgan Gringioni" <[email protected]> wrote in
> message news:<[email protected]>...
> > > "Andre" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]...
> > >

> > > Dumbass -
> > >

> > > If JAN really should have won this tour, then he should have taken 40 seconds off LANCE at Luz
> > > Ardiden rather than vice versa.
> >

> > just making conversation and points... figuring out things. You wouldn't talk like that face to
> > face so why do it on computer?
>

> Dumbass -
>
> You are incorrect.
>
> I would call you a dumbass to your face because you are a dumbass.
>

> cheers.

I doubt entirely, your so brave...behind your computer.

The TdF 2003 discussion on RBR has contributed two gems to English usage:

"...what the f*** is wrong with your etiquette...?" and "Go f*** yourself if you can't act in a
civilized fashion..."

Marvellous. Irony is still what you press your shirtys with.

"Stewart Fleming" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> The TdF 2003 discussion on RBR has contributed two gems to English usage:
>
> "...what the f*** is wrong with your etiquette...?" and "Go f*** yourself if you can't act in a
> civilized fashion..."
>
> Marvellous. Irony is still what you press your shirtys with.

I guess you could call that Amenglish.

Dashii