Re: Jan Drew on "Sincerity" (Was Re: Please STOP!!!!)

rb

Guest
"Rich" <,@.> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On 16 Jul 2003 21:05:21 GMT, [email protected] (Jan) wrote:
>
> >http://www.100prophecies.org/textonly/love1.htm
> >

> >Why Christians shouldn't hate
> >
> >When I was in high school during the early 1980s, I was surprised that so

many
> >of my friends would talk about how much they hated Jews. Every now and

then,
> >one of my friends would say something to the effect of "I wish ****** had
> >finished the job." Most of the time, I would keep quiet because I was too

much
> >of a coward to speak out against hatred. Had I been a true Christian, I

would
> >have had no choice but to stand up and speak out against hatred, because

that
> >is what Jesus commanded of us when He said: "So in everything, do to

others
> >what you would have them do to you." So, today, I will do what I should

have
> >done many years ago. I will, to the best of my abilities, speak out

against
> >hatred of the Jews, who have been targeted with unequaled hatred during

the
> >past 4000 years.
> >
> >And who am I to attempt this? I am nobody. I am not important. I am not
> >influential. And I am not especially well-educated. But I have read the

Bible.
> >And here are a few things that I found in the Bible which prohibit us

from
> >hating Jews, and prohibit us from hating anyone else:
> >
> >1. The Jews have a unique status according to the Bible. They were chosen

as
> >the people who would hear and record the words of God, through His

prophets,
> >who were also Jewish. And the Jews have influenced the world with the
> >scriptures. There are now about 2 billion Christians in the world. In one

form
> >or another, these scriptures have influenced more than half of the people

in
> >the world to abandon pagan worship. The Jews, in this regard, and in many
> >others, have influenced the world more than any other group of people.
> >
> >2. The Bible declared that the Jews would be scattered throughout the

world
> >(Deuteronomy 28:64) and that they would be a blessing to the world

(Genesis
> >12:2-3). Indeed, the Jews have been scattered to every country in the

world,
> >during the past 2500 years. And this scattering has enabled them to help

reveal
> >to the world the truth revealed in the scriptures, that there is one true

God,
> >and only one true God.
> >
> >3. God has revealed to us in the Bible that people who persecute the Jews

will
> >be punished. And indeed they have been. The great Assyrian Empire

persecuted
> >the Jews. The great neo-Babylonian Empire persecuted the Jews. The great
> >Phoenician Empire persecuted the Jews. The great Roman Empire persecuted

the
> >Jews. The powerful Nazi empire persecuted the Jews. And the powerful

Soviet
> >Union persecuted the Jews. All of these empires have been destroyed. And

yet,
> >the Jews are still a nation. Why? Because God had made this promise to

the Jews
> >in Genesis 12:2-3 - "I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses

you I
> >will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you." God

keeps
> >His promises. And, the Jews are living proof that God keeps His promises.
> >
> >4. About 2000 years ago, Christianity was introduced to the world by a

group of
> >Jews who were followers of Jesus. One of every three people in the world

today
> >are identified as being Christian, according to various almanacs and
> >encyclopedias. The Scriptures, largely through the spread of

Christianity, have
> >influenced governments and criminal justice systems throughout the world.

The
> >concepts that people are equal in the eyes of God, that individuals have

rights
> >that should be protected, trace all or some of their roots to the Bible.

And
> >these concepts can probably trace most and perhaps all of their

modern-day
> >popularity to the influence and popularity of the Bible. These are gifts

of the
> >Bible - gifts of the Jews - to the world.
> >
> >5. The Jews are living proof that we all can rely on the promises made by

God
> >in the Bible. After all, the Bible told us, for example, that:
> >1. Israel would be a nation (1400 BC, 1948).
> >2. Jerusalem and the Temple would be destroyed (70-135 AD).
> >3. The Jews would be exiled (70-135 AD).
> >4. Israel would become a wasteland (135-1900s).
> >5. The Jews would be scattered worldwide (135-1900s).
> >6. The Jews would be persecuted worldwide (135-1900s).
> >7. The Jews would have a worldwide impact (135-1900s).
> >8. Their identity as a group would be preserved (135-1900s).
> >9. The Jews would return to their homeland (1900s, etc).
> >10. The Jews would have Israel again as their own country (since 1948).
> >All of these things have happened. No matter how tightly you close your

eyes,
> >all of these things have happened. No matter how strenuously you attack

the
> >Bible, all of these things have happened. And the Bible said that all of

these
> >things would happen. And the Jews are living proof that the Bible keeps

its
> >promises.
> >
> >6. When the Jews declared independence for Israel in May 1948, it was the

first
> >time in about 2900 years that Israel was both united and independent. Who

has
> >ever heard of such a thing - that a country could be reborn after its

people
> >had been scattered worldwide for a few thousand years? And who has ever

heard
> >of such a thing - that a country could be reborn in a single day? Who? -

you,
> >me, and the Bible. The new Israel was born in a single day. After a

worldwide
> >movement called Zionism began in the 1800s, hundreds of thousands of Jews
> >worldwide began to return to their ancient homeland. Then, in May 1948,

the
> >Jews declared independence. On that same day, the United States and other
> >countries acknowledged the sovereignty of Israel. And, Israel's

sovereignty was
> >acknowledged in a very different way by the countries surrounding Israel.
> >Within hours of the declaration of independence, Israel was attacked by

the
> >surrounding countries which had hoped to put an end to the newly reborn
> >country. Those countries, combined, were at least 20 times larger than

tiny
> >Israel. And yet, tiny Israel prevailed in that war. Why? Because the

Bible
> >keeps its promises (see Isaiah 66:7-8 and Leviticus 26:3-8). And the Jews

are
> >living proof of this. Israel is living proof of this.
> >
> >7. And let us not forget that Jesus is a Jew. Jesus is a Jew. His first

group
> >of followers were Jewish. How can we hate Jews and call ourselves

followers of
> >Jesus? It is impossible. Jesus talked about love, not hatred. Should we

hate
> >Jews because they are not followers of Jesus? Of course not. Would we

want
> >Hindus to hate us because we are not Hindus? Would we want Moslems to

hate us
> >because we are not Moslems? Do we want Jews to hate us because we are not

Jews?
> >Of course not. If we are followers of Jesus, we should not hate anyone.
> >Instead, we should treat others as we would have them treat us. That's

what
> >Jesus told us to do. How can we be followers of Jesus if we don't follow

Jesus?

> >How can we allow ourselves, or our friends, or anyone else, to hate Jews?

They
> >are the people who gave us the word of God. That was their job. God had

chosen
> >them, out of all the peoples on the face of the earth, to be His chosen

people,
> >to record His words, and to share His words with the world. And yet, too

many
> >times in the past 1900 years, we Christians have persecuted the Jews. We

banned
> >them from living in Spain, England, France, Belgium and Italy. We burned

their
> >villages and we burned them alive - their husbands, their wives, their

parents
> >and their children. We stood by quietly while some of our church leaders
> >expressed their un-Christian hatred for Jews. And we didn't always stand

up
> >when some of our church leaders were defending the Jews. We must never

allow
> >ourselves to do this again. We must never allow ourselves to betray the
> >teachings of the Bible. Instead we must embrace the teachings of the

Bible, we
> >must embrace the Biblical ideal of treating other people as we would have

them
> >treat us. And if we embrace the Bible, then we have no choice but to

embrace
> >our Jewish brothers and sisters. And we have no choice but to embrace our
> >African brothers and sisters, our Asian brothers and sisters, our

Australian,
> >American, Oceanic and European brothers and sisters.
> >
> >We must never allow ourselves to hate other people, regardless of whether

they
> >are Christians or non-Christians. Instead, we must love them because we

are
> >Christians.
> >

> >- Raymond Konig
> >Written: Sept. 23, 2000
> >Revised: Nov. 18, 2002
> >
> >With all sincerity,
> >
> >Jan

Rejoice greatly, O Daughter of Zion! Shout, Daughter of Jerusalem! See, your
king comes to you, righteous and having salvation, gentle and riding on a
donkey, on a colt, the foal of a donkey.

"But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, though you are small among the clans of
Judah, out of you will come for me one who will be ruler over Israel, whose
origins are from of old, from ancient times."

"It is too small a thing for you to be my servant to restore the tribes of
Jacob and bring back those of Israel I have kept. I will also make you a
light for the Gentiles, that you may bring my salvation to the ends of the
earth."

"If you think it best, give me my pay; but if not, keep it." So they paid me
thirty pieces of silver. And the Lord said to me, "Throw it to the
potter"--the handsome price at which they priced me! So I took the thirty
pieces of silver and threw them into the house of the Lord to the potter.

He was oppressed and afflicted, yet he did not open his mouth; he was led
like a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is silent,
so he did not open his mouth.

But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our
iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his
wounds we are healed.

He was assigned a grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death,
though he had done no violence, nor was any deceit in his mouth.

Therefore I will give him a portion among the great, and he will divide the
spoils with the strong, because he poured out his life unto death, and was
numbered with the transgressors. For he bore the sin of many, and made
intercession for the transgressors.

I offered my back to those who beat me, my cheeks to those who pulled out my
beard; I did not hide my face from mocking and spitting.

"And I will pour out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem
a spirit of grace and supplication. They will look on me, the one they have
pierced, and they will mourn for him as one mourns for an only child, and
grieve bitterly for him as one grieves for a firstborn son.

They divide my garments among them and cast lots for my clothing.

You will not abandon me to the grave, nor will you let your Holy One see
decay. You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy
in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.

> How sincere can Jan Drew be?? Now let us look at things that she has
> said in the recent past:
>
> Jan says:
> >>

> Rich says:
> >> If you insist: