or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

One pack of yeast?

post #1 of 8
Hello to all.

In almost all recipes of bread baking, we find the amoung of yeast
given as one/two pack. My problem is that in my country yeast is
available in large packets, or in jars. How much yeast (1 t sp, tb sp,
etc) is there in one package?

Thanks to all.
post #2 of 8

Re: One pack of yeast? (My dough doesn't rise! Help!)

Anwer wrote:
> Hello to all.
>
> In almost all recipes of bread baking, we find the amoung of yeast
> given as one/two pack. My problem is that in my country yeast is
> available in large packets, or in jars. How much yeast (1 t sp, tb

sp,
> etc) is there in one package?
>
> Thanks to all.

On my yeast package, it says one package is 1/4oz. equal to 2-1/4
teaspoons.

I tried to make a yeast-bread tonight, but it didn't rise at all. I
bought the yeast 1 week ago. I spread it in warm milk, but it came into
a cluster, but not dissolved at all. I made yeast-bread few years ago.
When I put yeast in warm water, it bubbled, but not this time. The
yeast I used is Active Dry Yeast. It's winter time now so I guess the
rising time is needed longer. Therefore, I put the dough for over 3
hours. When I pour yeast mixture in mixing bowl, it's not warm or hot
at all. Does it matter? Is there any possible reason why the dough
doesn't rise at all? Thanks to all.
post #3 of 8

Re: One pack of yeast?

In article <1104570941.057731.229810@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
"Anwer" <manwer@iub-bd.edu> wrote:

> Hello to all.
>
> In almost all recipes of bread baking, we find the amoung of yeast
> given as one/two pack. My problem is that in my country yeast is
> available in large packets, or in jars. How much yeast (1 t sp, tb sp,
> etc) is there in one package?
>
> Thanks to all.

1 cake of compressed yeast -> 0.6 oz = 17 g
1 package of dry yeast -> 1.75 tsp = 0.25 oz = 7 g

Mite
http://www.shopncook.com
post #4 of 8

Re: One pack of yeast?

Anwer wrote:

> Hello to all.
>
> In almost all recipes of bread baking, we find the amoung of yeast
> given as one/two pack. My problem is that in my country yeast is
> available in large packets, or in jars. How much yeast (1 t sp, tb sp,
> etc) is there in one package?
>
> Thanks to all.

I buy dried yeast in bulk and use a heaping teaspoon for a packet. I
think the actual amount is supposed to be more like 1 1/2 or 2 tsp.

HTH,
Bob
post #5 of 8

Re: One pack of yeast?

In article <33o1u6F42ooe1U2@individual.net>, zxcvbob
<zxcvbob@charter.net> wrote:

> Anwer wrote:
>
> > Hello to all.
> >
> > In almost all recipes of bread baking, we find the amoung of yeast
> > given as one/two pack. My problem is that in my country yeast is
> > available in large packets, or in jars. How much yeast (1 t sp, tb sp,
> > etc) is there in one package?
> >
> > Thanks to all.
> >

> I buy dried yeast in bulk and use a heaping teaspoon for a packet. I
> think the actual amount is supposed to be more like 1 1/2 or 2 tsp.
>
> HTH,
> Bob

2-1/4 tsp.
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> Updated 11-29-04; Sam I Am!
birthday telling; Thanksgiving 2004; Fanfare, Maestro, please.

Re: One pack of yeast?

>From: "Anwer" manwer@iub-bd.edu

------------------
Hello. Are you in Bangladesh?
post #7 of 8

Re: One pack of yeast?

Nancree wrote:
> >From: "Anwer" manwer@iub-bd.edu

> ------------------
> Hello. Are you in Bangladesh?

How did you guess?
post #8 of 8

Re: One pack of yeast?

Active Dry Yeast is available in strips of three 1/4 -ounce packets and in
4-ounce jars. One 1/4 -ounce packet of active dry yeast is equal in activity
to one 0.6-ounce cake of yeast. Three 1/4 -ounce packets are equal in
activity to one 2-ounce cake of yeast. A 1/4 -ounce packet of active dry
yeast contains approximately 2-1/2 teaspoons; the measurement will not be
exact as yeast is packaged according to weight rather than volume. A packet
of yeast is sufficient to raise 4 cups, approximately 1-pound, of flour.
"Anwer" <manwer@iub-bd.edu> wrote in message
> Hello to all.
>
> In almost all recipes of bread baking, we find the amoung of yeast
> given as one/two pack. My problem is that in my country yeast is
> available in large packets, or in jars. How much yeast (1 t sp, tb sp,
> etc) is there in one package?
>
> Thanks to all.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home