Iris scans for ID cards - possible horrendous planned uses?

banana

Guest
I read today that the UK ID card is planned to contain 512 bytes of info
from each victim's iris scan.

The pattern of a person's iris is made from the endings of the neuro
optic nerve. It contains a huge amount of information about their health
and what they have experienced. E.g. if you have had, say, a seriously
injured arm, this can be deduced from an examination of your iris. There
is a correspondence between parts of your iris pattern and other parts
of your body.

Two possibilities came to mind.

1) from each person, they plan to gather much more than 512 bytes of
iris info. The 512 bytes is just what they will record on the card. It
is more than sufficient to identify each individual, but much less info
than is contained in a good-quality iris photo. So WHAT WILL THEY DO
WITH THIS INFO? Will this covertly be given to insurance companies? More
detailed info about your iris gives a great amount of detail about your
health.

2) can a part of a person's body be DAMAGED OR INFLUENCED by means of
damaging or influencing the corresponding part of their iris? The answer
to this question must surely be 'yes'. What on earth might the rulers do
in this area?

*Surveillance leads to control*. I don't see why this shouldn't apply to
iris scans as much as to anything else.

--
banana "You know what I hate the most about you Rowntree? The way
you give Coca-Cola to your scum, your best teddy-bear to

What about those with no eyes? Or wear contacts?
Guess they will get them chips implanted in their teeth or tooth or
somewheres else.
www.geocities.com/beaver_militia/idchip.html

"banana" <banana@REMOVE_THIS.borve.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I read today that the UK ID card is planned to contain 512 bytes of info
> from each victim's iris scan.
>
> The pattern of a person's iris is made from the endings of the neuro
> optic nerve. It contains a huge amount of information about their health
> and what they have experienced. E.g. if you have had, say, a seriously
> injured arm, this can be deduced from an examination of your iris. There
> is a correspondence between parts of your iris pattern and other parts
> of your body.
>
> Two possibilities came to mind.
>
> 1) from each person, they plan to gather much more than 512 bytes of
> iris info. The 512 bytes is just what they will record on the card. It
> is more than sufficient to identify each individual, but much less info
> than is contained in a good-quality iris photo. So WHAT WILL THEY DO
> WITH THIS INFO? Will this covertly be given to insurance companies? More
> detailed info about your iris gives a great amount of detail about your
> health.
>
> 2) can a part of a person's body be DAMAGED OR INFLUENCED by means of
> damaging or influencing the corresponding part of their iris? The answer
> to this question must surely be 'yes'. What on earth might the rulers do
> in this area?
>
> *Surveillance leads to control*. I don't see why this shouldn't apply to
> iris scans as much as to anything else.
>
> --
> banana "You know what I hate the most about you Rowntree? The way
> you give Coca-Cola to your scum, your best teddy-bear to
> Oxfam, then expect us to lick your cold frigid fingers for

the
> rest of your cold frigid life." (Mick Travis, 'If...', 1968)

Try to lewarn more about physiology. The iris is not made up of nerve
endings, nor does it contain health information.

"banana" <banana@REMOVE_THIS.borve.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I read today that the UK ID card is planned to contain 512 bytes of info
> from each victim's iris scan.
>
> The pattern of a person's iris is made from the endings of the neuro
> optic nerve. It contains a huge amount of information about their health
> and what they have experienced. E.g. if you have had, say, a seriously
> injured arm, this can be deduced from an examination of your iris. There
> is a correspondence between parts of your iris pattern and other parts
> of your body.
>
> Two possibilities came to mind.
>
> 1) from each person, they plan to gather much more than 512 bytes of
> iris info. The 512 bytes is just what they will record on the card. It
> is more than sufficient to identify each individual, but much less info
> than is contained in a good-quality iris photo. So WHAT WILL THEY DO
> WITH THIS INFO? Will this covertly be given to insurance companies? More
> detailed info about your iris gives a great amount of detail about your
> health.
>
> 2) can a part of a person's body be DAMAGED OR INFLUENCED by means of
> damaging or influencing the corresponding part of their iris? The answer
> to this question must surely be 'yes'. What on earth might the rulers do
> in this area?
>
> *Surveillance leads to control*. I don't see why this shouldn't apply to
> iris scans as much as to anything else.
>
> --
> banana "You know what I hate the most about you Rowntree? The way
> you give Coca-Cola to your scum, your best teddy-bear to
> Oxfam, then expect us to lick your cold frigid fingers for

the
> rest of your cold frigid life." (Mick Travis, 'If...', 1968)

In article <[email protected]>,
Marko Proberto <[email protected]> wrote:
>Try to lewarn more about physiology. The iris is not made up of nerve
>endings, nor does it contain health information.

You jerk! You're undermining a completely stupid conspiracy in the
making! How can you possibly do this?!?!?! Don't you know "the rulers"
are all out to get us?

-Geoff

In article <[email protected]>, Marko
Proberto <[email protected]> writes

>Try to lewarn more about physiology. The iris is not made up of nerve
>endings, nor does it contain health information.

Try to take your head out of your ****. I didn't say that the iris was
wholly made up of nerve endings. I said that the PATTERN of the iris is
made from nerve endings. It is. Look it up. The iris contains thousands
of nerve endings.

And the pattern made by those nerve endings contains lots of information
about a person's health. Try looking this up too, before you apologise.
And learn a lesson for next time you read something you didn't know.

This is assuming you didn't have too many problems carrying out the
instruction in the first sentence I wrote above.

>"banana" <banana@REMOVE_THIS.borve.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> I read today that the UK ID card is planned to contain 512 bytes of info
>> from each victim's iris scan.
>>
>> The pattern of a person's iris is made from the endings of the neuro
>> optic nerve. It contains a huge amount of information about their health
>> and what they have experienced. E.g. if you have had, say, a seriously
>> injured arm, this can be deduced from an examination of your iris. There
>> is a correspondence between parts of your iris pattern and other parts
>> of your body.
>>
>> Two possibilities came to mind.
>>
>> 1) from each person, they plan to gather much more than 512 bytes of
>> iris info. The 512 bytes is just what they will record on the card. It
>> is more than sufficient to identify each individual, but much less info
>> than is contained in a good-quality iris photo. So WHAT WILL THEY DO
>> WITH THIS INFO? Will this covertly be given to insurance companies? More
>> detailed info about your iris gives a great amount of detail about your
>> health.
>>
>> 2) can a part of a person's body be DAMAGED OR INFLUENCED by means of
>> damaging or influencing the corresponding part of their iris? The answer
>> to this question must surely be 'yes'. What on earth might the rulers do
>> in this area?
>>
>> *Surveillance leads to control*. I don't see why this shouldn't apply to
>> iris scans as much as to anything else.

--
banana "You know what I hate the most about you Rowntree? The way
you give Coca-Cola to your scum, your best teddy-bear to
Oxfam, then expect us to lick your cold frigid fingers for the
rest of your cold frigid life." (Mick Travis, 'If...', 1968)

"banana" <banana@REMOVE_THIS.borve.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

<snip>

Having more expensive insurance is the least of my worries...
I'm more worried about what people like Bush and Blair will do with the
information!

--
Paris. Not the City

Who cares what Bush and Blair do, they will do it anyways regardless of what
they people think.
Anth

"Paris" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "banana" <banana@REMOVE_THIS.borve.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
> <snip>
>
> Having more expensive insurance is the least of my worries...
> I'm more worried about what people like Bush and Blair will do with the
> information!
>
> --
> Paris. Not the City

"Anth" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Who cares what Bush and Blair do, they will do it anyways regardless of

what
> they people think.

Precicely my point.

--
Paris. Not the City

> > Having more expensive insurance is the least of my worries...
> > I'm more worried about what people like Bush and Blair will do with the
> > information!

"banana" <banana@REMOVE_THIS.borve.demon.co.uk> ranting in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>, Marko
> Proberto <[email protected]> writes
>
> >Try to lewarn more about physiology. The iris is not made up of nerve
> >endings, nor does it contain health information.

> Try to take your head out of your ****. I didn't say that the iris was
> wholly made up of nerve endings. I said that the PATTERN of the iris is
> made from nerve endings. It is. Look it up.

Is it bollocks!

The pattern is made up from pigment that is trapped within spaces formed by
the fibrous stroma, not nerves.

>The iris contains thousands
> of nerve endings.

one word you all hate.......Cite
and I mean from a recognized medical source

Of course, no-one would mix up iris with retina. Would they?

> And the pattern made by those nerve endings contains lots of information
> about a person's health. Try looking this up too, before you apologise.

Again - Cite!

> And learn a lesson for next time you read something you didn't know.

or take what ranting loons say as the truth?

> This is assuming you didn't have too many problems carrying out the
> instruction in the first sentence I wrote above.

From my copy of Gray's 1998 Parragon edition

Pg 560

The Iris
Structure: The iris is composed of a fibrous stroma, muscular fibres, and
pigment cells (nothing about nerves, but there must be a few to connect to
the iris and for touch detection)....

Pg 561

The Retina
It is a delicate nervous membrane, upon the surface of which the images of
the external object are formed...(from when I did anatomy at school, there
are millions of nerve bundles here)

Strangly neither for iris nor retina are any mentioned any response caused
by damage to other parts of the body.

So, can you please provide a cite from an anatomy book for your claims.

thanks very much

"martin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "banana" <banana@REMOVE_THIS.borve.demon.co.uk> ranting in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > In article <[email protected]>, Marko
> > Proberto <[email protected]> writes
> >
> > >Try to lewarn more about physiology. The iris is not made up of nerve
> > >endings, nor does it contain health information.

> > Try to take your head out of your ****. I didn't say that the iris was
> > wholly made up of nerve endings. I said that the PATTERN of the iris is
> > made from nerve endings. It is. Look it up.

> Is it bollocks!
>
> The pattern is made up from pigment that is trapped within spaces formed

by
> the fibrous stroma, not nerves.
>
> >The iris contains thousands
> > of nerve endings.

> one word you all hate.......Cite
> and I mean from a recognized medical source
>
> Of course, no-one would mix up iris with retina. Would they?
>
> > And the pattern made by those nerve endings contains lots of information
> > about a person's health. Try looking this up too, before you apologise.

The iris does contain a little information on the health of the eyes IIRC.
However, iris rec. techniques were developed to ensure that the same eye
always gives the same output - so nothing in the 4KBit of info is of any use
to the insurance companies.

Alun Harford

I agree. This is obviously a great, albeit stupid, conspiracy in the
making.

I mean, who cares if there is no scientific basis, the possibility of
the misuse of the non-information is horrendous.

BTW, how come the doctors are not using iris records as a substitute for
physical exams.

Inquiring minds want to know.

Geoff Cashman wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>,
> Marko Proberto <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Try to lewarn more about physiology. The iris is not made up of nerve
>>endings, nor does it contain health information.

> You jerk! You're undermining a completely stupid conspiracy in the
> making! How can you possibly do this?!?!?! Don't you know "the rulers"
> are all out to get us?
>
> -Geoff

"banana" <banana@REMOVE_THIS.borve.demon.co.uk> schreef in bericht
news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>, Marko
> Proberto <[email protected]> writes
>
> >Try to lewarn more about physiology. The iris is not made up of nerve
> >endings, nor does it contain health information.

> Try to take your head out of your ****. I didn't say that the iris was
> wholly made up of nerve endings. I said that the PATTERN of the iris is
> made from nerve endings. It is. Look it up. The iris contains thousands
> of nerve endings.

You cannot see nerve endings, you can see the pattern in the iris. The
pattern is made up by the muscle.

> And the pattern made by those nerve endings contains lots of information
> about a person's health. Try looking this up too, before you apologise.
> And learn a lesson for next time you read something you didn't know.

The pattern of the iris doesnot change, that's what makes it useful for
identification purposes. The colouration may change a bit, but not its
pattern. There is at least no evidence for these supposed changes.

> This is assuming you didn't have too many problems carrying out the
> instruction in the first sentence I wrote above.

Really, you need to look up some things for yourself too.

--

Robert Bronsing

But that's okay, see the children bleed
It'll look great on the TV

"martin" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
news:[email protected]...

> From my copy of Gray's 1998 Parragon edition
>
> Pg 560
>
> The Iris
> Structure: The iris is composed of a fibrous stroma, muscular fibres, and
> pigment cells (nothing about nerves, but there must be a few to connect to
> the iris and for touch detection)....

Bugger! should've bothered too look there too....

> Pg 561
>
> The Retina
> It is a delicate nervous membrane, upon the surface of which the images of
> the external object are formed...(from when I did anatomy at school, there
> are millions of nerve bundles here)

100,000,000 or there about.

> Strangly neither for iris nor retina are any mentioned any response caused
> by damage to other parts of the body.

Some medications used in glaucoma may cause changes in the colouration (the
iris may become brown: http://tinyurl.com/uq44 )

--

Robert Bronsing

But that's okay, see the children bleed
It'll look great on the TV

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 14:23:37 GMT, "Marko Proberto"
<[email protected]>

typed:

>Try to lewarn more about physiology. The iris is not made up of nerve
>endings, nor does it contain health information.

hint....have yourself some 'fun'......key word 'kirlian' :)

regards....

--
web site at www.abelard.org - news and comment service, logic,
politics, ethics, education, etc >650,000 document calls yearly

"Paris" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "banana" <banana@REMOVE_THIS.borve.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
> <snip>
>
> Having more expensive insurance is the least of my worries...
> I'm more worried about what people like Bush and Blair will do with the
> information!

In the future.........people may be too scared to attend a peaceful
demo, incase the police confiscate their ID cards..........making
people 'non people', who are not entitled to anything.....so they'll
have to turn to crime to live....and then get locked up.

These people will be called 'terrorist threats'.

Bugger that, I'm leaving. (Somewhere sunny)

H.

"Alun Harford" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "martin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "banana" <banana@REMOVE_THIS.borve.demon.co.uk> ranting in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > In article <[email protected]>, Marko
> > > Proberto <[email protected]> writes

> > > Try to take your head out of your ****. I didn't say that the iris was
> > > wholly made up of nerve endings. I said that the PATTERN of the iris

is
> > > made from nerve endings. It is. Look it up.

> > Is it bollocks!
> >
> > The pattern is made up from pigment that is trapped within spaces formed

> by
> > the fibrous stroma, not nerves.
> >
> > >The iris contains thousands
> > > of nerve endings.

> > one word you all hate.......Cite
> > and I mean from a recognized medical source
> >
> > Of course, no-one would mix up iris with retina. Would they?
> >
> > > And the pattern made by those nerve endings contains lots of

information
> > > about a person's health. Try looking this up too, before you

apologise.

> The iris does contain a little information on the health of the eyes IIRC.

Agreed, but the quote was
"E.g. if you have had, say, a seriously injured arm, this can be deduced
from an examination of your iris. There is a correspondence between parts of
your iris pattern and other parts of your body."

That is what I'm objecting to. If I break my arm I'd love for Ban's Babe to
be able to tell by looking deep into my eyes

"Geoff Cashman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>,
> Marko Proberto <[email protected]> wrote:
> >Try to lewarn more about physiology. The iris is not made up of nerve
> >endings, nor does it contain health information.

> You jerk! You're undermining a completely stupid conspiracy in the
> making! How can you possibly do this?!?!?! Don't you know "the rulers"
> are all out to get us?

Look into my eyes.... (o) (o)

"Robert Bronsing" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "martin" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
> news:[email protected]...
> >

> > From my copy of Gray's 1998 Parragon edition
> >
> > Pg 560
> >
> > The Iris
> > Structure: The iris is composed of a fibrous stroma, muscular fibres,

and
> > pigment cells (nothing about nerves, but there must be a few to connect

> > the iris and for touch detection)....

> Bugger! should've bothered too look there too....

it's not VERY often it comes in useful ;) Now for my disection practice
*evil chortle* *rubs hands*

Doctors do not use iris' for one reason: iridology is quackery.

Why do you think the iris scan is used? Simple, the iris does not change.
Now...

Look into my eyes (o) (o)

news:[email protected]...