or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Eagle Has Landed

post #1 of 54
Well, I got my first taste as a California resident mountain bike in
about fifteen years yesterday. Sure, I've ridden here a lot the last
ten years, but it just seemed different as an expatriate Fruitian. The
views provided by the combination of the elevation of the Santa Anas,
Santa Ana Winds, the singlespeed and Colorado lungs were really nice.
Seeing Catalina was kind of "ho-hum", but Anacapa's appearing clearly
in the distance was unique. It was a good point from which to view
where I will do most of my riding the next few years.
JD can you say "road trip"?
post #2 of 54

Re: The Eagle Has Landed

"JD" <CKAGMD@webtv.net> wrote in message
> Well, I got my first taste as a California resident mountain bike in
> about fifteen years yesterday. Sure, I've ridden here a lot the last
> ten years, but it just seemed different as an expatriate Fruitian. The
> views provided by the combination of the elevation of the Santa Anas,
> Santa Ana Winds, the singlespeed and Colorado lungs were really nice.
> Seeing Catalina was kind of "ho-hum", but Anacapa's appearing clearly
> in the distance was unique. It was a good point from which to view
> where I will do most of my riding the next few years.
> JD can you say "road trip"?

You've moved back to So Cal??? I never thought I'd see the day. Wow. It
must be nice to be closer to the off spring. Now I really need to get my
sorry ass back into my pre-kids shape so I can keep up with you. BTW, I
know you used to surf back in the day, have you seen the monster swell
that's hitting? OC is a bit blocked by Catalina but SD is getting 12+ foot
swells. Let me know if you're going to be in Laguna at any point, first
beer is on me. After the ride of course. Glad to have you back brother.

cg
post #3 of 54

Re: The Eagle Has Landed

mountainbikescottie@msn.com wrote:
> Whatever will Fruita do with out it's guardian angel of the trails?

One little sentence and you can't even get it right.
post #4 of 54

Re: The Eagle Has Landed

JD wrote:
> Well, I got my first taste as a California resident mountain bike in
> about fifteen years yesterday. Sure, I've ridden here a lot the last
> ten years, but it just seemed different as an expatriate Fruitian. The
> views provided by the combination of the elevation of the Santa Anas,
> Santa Ana Winds, the singlespeed and Colorado lungs were really nice.
> Seeing Catalina was kind of "ho-hum", but Anacapa's appearing clearly
> in the distance was unique. It was a good point from which to view
> where I will do most of my riding the next few years.
> JD can you say "road trip"?

So, where are you exactly?
Ever get out to the Santa Monica Mtns?

-Bruce
post #5 of 54

Re: The Eagle Has Landed

JD wrote:
> Well, I got my first taste as a California resident mountain bike in
> about fifteen years yesterday. Sure, I've ridden here a lot the last
> ten years, but it just seemed different as an expatriate Fruitian. The
> views provided by the combination of the elevation of the Santa Anas,
> Santa Ana Winds, the singlespeed and Colorado lungs were really nice.
> Seeing Catalina was kind of "ho-hum", but Anacapa's appearing clearly
> in the distance was unique. It was a good point from which to view
> where I will do most of my riding the next few years.
> JD can you say "road trip"?

Again the lucky guy is smack in the middle of great riding.

I'll be out there in mid April. Don't know if I'll get to ride but stop
by the Anaheim Convention Center and say hi. That goes for all you
SoCal folk.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Re: The Eagle Has Landed

Bill Sornson wrote:
> mountainbikescottie@msn.com wrote:
>> Whatever will Fruita do with out it's guardian angel of the trails?

> One little sentence and you can't even get it right.

Scottie in grammer class: http://tinyurl.com/6w7kl
post #7 of 54

Re: The Eagle Has Landed

"JD" <CKAGMD@webtv.net> wrote in message
> Well, I got my first taste as a California resident mountain bike in
> about fifteen years yesterday. Sure, I've ridden here a lot the last
> ten years, but it just seemed different as an expatriate Fruitian. The
> views provided by the combination of the elevation of the Santa Anas,
> Santa Ana Winds, the singlespeed and Colorado lungs were really nice.
> Seeing Catalina was kind of "ho-hum", but Anacapa's appearing clearly
> in the distance was unique. It was a good point from which to view
> where I will do most of my riding the next few years.
> JD can you say "road trip"?

You moved?!!! What the heck for? You were in mountain bike heaven.
post #8 of 54

Re: The Eagle Has Landed

"Bill Sornson" <sorni@bite-me.san.rr.com> wrote in message
> mountainbikescottie@msn.com wrote:
> > Whatever will Fruita do with out it's guardian angel of the trails?

> One little sentence and you can't even get it right.

What, 'without' being one word?
post #9 of 54

Re: The Eagle Has Landed

JD wrote:
> Well, I got my first taste as a California resident mountain bike in
> about fifteen years yesterday. Sure, I've ridden here a lot the last
> ten years, but it just seemed different as an expatriate Fruitian.
> The views provided by the combination of the elevation of the Santa
> Anas, Santa Ana Winds, the singlespeed and Colorado lungs were really
> nice. Seeing Catalina was kind of "ho-hum", but Anacapa's appearing
> clearly in the distance was unique. It was a good point from which
> to view where I will do most of my riding the next few years.
> JD can you say "road trip"?

Glad to hear you made it in one piece. Guess I'll have to start begging
others in CO to ride with me when I'm up there. Of course now you've given
me no excuses when my wife wants to visit her family in SoCal....

Gary
post #10 of 54

Re: The Eagle Has Landed

JD wrote:
> Well, I got my first taste as a California resident mountain bike in
> about fifteen years yesterday. Sure, I've ridden here a lot the last
> ten years, but it just seemed different as an expatriate Fruitian. The
> views provided by the combination of the elevation of the Santa Anas,
> Santa Ana Winds, the singlespeed and Colorado lungs were really nice.
> Seeing Catalina was kind of "ho-hum", but Anacapa's appearing clearly
> in the distance was unique. It was a good point from which to view
> where I will do most of my riding the next few years.
> JD can you say "road trip"?

I'm sorry to see you go, but glad for you and the move.

--
Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado
remove "mydebt" to reply

Re: The Eagle Has Landed

That wasn't an eagle it was just a rilly rilly big pigeon.

Shaun 'ornithologist' aRe
post #12 of 54

Re: The Eagle Has Landed

<mountainbikescottie@msn.com> wrote in message
> Whatever will Fruita do with out it's guardian angel of the trails?

There IS more than one.

TJ
post #13 of 54

Re: The Eagle Has Landed

mountainbikescottie@msn.com wrote:
> Whatever will Fruita do with out it's guardian angel of the trails?

Ya know what's interesting about A.M-B? Whenever one nimrod shows up
another drops out of sight. Coincidence? And they all seem to have the
same agenda to the same person. Hmm.... The Minds of Billy Milligan.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Re: The Eagle Has Landed

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
> mountainbikescottie@msn.com wrote:
>> Whatever will Fruita do with out it's guardian angel of the trails?
>>

> Ya know what's interesting about A.M-B? Whenever one nimrod shows up
> another drops out of sight. Coincidence? And they all seem to have
> the same agenda to the same person. Hmm.... The Minds of Billy
> Milligan.

Billy Milligan was a hunter too?
post #15 of 54

Re: The Eagle Has Landed

On 2005-01-20 17:28:33 -0800, "elitistmtbsnob"
<elitistmtbsnob@3500daysayear.orgy> said:

> "Bill Sornson" <sorni@bite-me.san.rr.com> wrote in message
>> mountainbikescottie@msn.com wrote:
>>> Whatever will Fruita do with out it's guardian angel of the trails?

>> One little sentence and you can't even get it right.
>>

> What, 'without' being one word?

That's a good start. Next time leave out the apostrophe in "its" as well.

miles (a far more elitist snob than you)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mountain Bikes