or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

AMB-ID '05 Campsite Proposal Location and Date - Page 3

post #31 of 40

Re: AMB-ID '05 Campsite Proposal Location and Date

small change wrote:
> Ride-A-Lot" <"mitchel[nospam] wrote:
>
>>Ack! Lodging won out among the masses. I'm kinda bummed. The trip
>>is being planned for the first week in September in Sun Valley. I
>>sure hope there's good riding there to make up for the lack of
>>remoteness. It won't be a tour company, so any help would be
>>appreciated.
>>

> At the rate our weather is going, you'd better hope the forests are not
> closed due to extreme fire hazard. I went riding today in short sleeves. 55
> degrees.... on Feb 2. Too freaking weird.
>
> Penny

And you're complaining?

I found them some lodging in McCall. At least it's a bit more remote
and less expensive than Sun Valley.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Re: AMB-ID '05 Campsite Proposal Location and Date

Ride-A-Lot" <"mitchel[nospam] wrote:
> small change wrote:
>> Ride-A-Lot" <"mitchel[nospam] wrote:
>>
>>> Ack! Lodging won out among the masses. I'm kinda bummed. The trip
>>> is being planned for the first week in September in Sun Valley. I
>>> sure hope there's good riding there to make up for the lack of
>>> remoteness. It won't be a tour company, so any help would be
>>> appreciated.
>>>

>> At the rate our weather is going, you'd better hope the forests are
>> not closed due to extreme fire hazard. I went riding today in short
>> sleeves. 55 degrees.... on Feb 2. Too freaking weird.
>>
>> Penny
>>

> And you're complaining?

dam strait we'll all be complaining when we are in a major drought
situation. The forests will close, the rivers will be too low to run...
there is only one ski area in all of the state of WA that is open right now.

> I found them some lodging in McCall. At least it's a bit more remote
> and less expensive than Sun Valley.

Would you quit saying remote in reference to towns that have cable TV and
espresso? Now, Warren, Yellow Pine... that's remote.

Penny
post #33 of 40

Re: AMB-ID '05 Campsite Proposal Location and Date

small change wrote
>> I just learned my kids will already be in school the first week of
>> August. That might just get me up to Idaho w/o them (and the added
>> responsibility of entertaining them).
>>
>> I wish they were older so they could ride. I suppose it will be here
>> soon enough!
>>
>> Gary

> Gary, you pay the girls to babysit while you ride...

I guess I should clarify further - the responsibility of entertaining also
includes entertaining my wife as she doesn't ride either.

Which girls would be babysitting? I though all that were going on this trip
would be riding as well.

Gary
post #34 of 40

Paladin wrote:
> You can get very remote very fast, so not to worry. Look on the cover
> of last mo's BIKE for the Imperial Gulch trail. You're waaaay out
> there. About a 3rd of us would bring non-riding S.O.'s and kids on
> prior trips. Gab's S.O. was a whole lot of fun, and pitched in to
> help a lot too. That worked great with the lakeside cabin, but
> thanks to the State of Idaho, we lost the cabin when the 30yr lease
> ran out. However, while we're riding, there is lots for non-riders to
> do around there. Redfish Lake, Stanley Lake, Sun Valley, lots of
> hiking, swimming, rafting, even climbing, (and shopping, etc., in
> Hailey.) Talked to Adam today who plan's to bring his ski boat up to
> Redfish Lake. Now that's gonna be fun.
>
> CDB

Oh crap, now I have to pack my water ski, too? The lil' Subaru is gonna be
packed!

Gary (I'm not towing my boat all the way to Idaho............:-)
post #35 of 40

small change wrote:
> GeeDubb wrote:
>> small change wrote

>>> Gary, you pay the girls to babysit while you ride...

>> I guess I should clarify further - the responsibility of entertaining
>> also includes entertaining my wife as she doesn't ride either.
>>
>> Which girls would be babysitting? I though all that were going on
>> this trip would be riding as well.
>>
>> Gary

> There have been older kids along in the past. That's who I had in
> mind, but I s'pose you should check with the parents first. ;-)
>
> You couldn't escape for just a few hours of riding? It's not like we
> are gone all day. Oh, wait. Oops. Never mind. Sometimes we are. But
> they should let you out to play once in while. We do have non riders
> around, I couldn't who for sure but in the past CDB's wife, Dirt
> Dart's wife, assorted kids of various ages, Mr. Gabrielle and other
> non riders are around.
>
> I know easy for me to talk. My kids are teens now. But- even when
> they were little I always let Mr. Adventure out to play, and he me.
> To each their own.
>
> penny

It sounds like I'm complaining but I'm not. My wife gives me more freedom
than most do for the SO's. She loves to hike and does ride some but has a
horrible depth perception problem that results in more hike-a-bike than
riding (and a horrible sense of direction). She tries to do everything
(she's actually a decent water/snow skier) but gets really frustrated that
she isn't able to do what she's trying to do at the moment. I think she'll
be happy just being away from the city as long as she is in company of those
that can handle the more difficult parts of the outdoors (like keeping her
from getting lost.........)

I've already told her we're going.........

Gary
post #36 of 40

GeeDubb wrote:

> I've already told her we're going.........
>
> Gary

Oh yeh, that works. I told my SO we're moving to a warmer climate. She
told me you can visit the kids whenever you want.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

GeeDubb wrote:
> Paladin wrote:
>> You can get very remote very fast, so not to worry. Look on the
>> cover of last mo's BIKE for the Imperial Gulch trail. You're waaaay
>> out there. About a 3rd of us would bring non-riding S.O.'s and kids
>> on prior trips. Gab's S.O. was a whole lot of fun, and pitched in to
>> help a lot too. That worked great with the lakeside cabin, but
>> thanks to the State of Idaho, we lost the cabin when the 30yr lease
>> ran out. However, while we're riding, there is lots for non-riders to
>> do around there. Redfish Lake, Stanley Lake, Sun Valley, lots of
>> hiking, swimming, rafting, even climbing, (and shopping, etc., in
>> Hailey.) Talked to Adam today who plan's to bring his ski boat up to
>> Redfish Lake. Now that's gonna be fun.
>>
>> CDB

> Oh crap, now I have to pack my water ski, too? The lil' Subaru is
> gonna be packed!

I made the mistake of trying to water ski a few years ago. My right
shoulder was already chronically f-ed (actual medical term), so I
compensated by tweaking my LEFT shoulder! (For a while, I literally "threw
like a girl" with my noodly left arm; it's better now, but the Padres ain't
inviting me to spring training any time soon.)

Then I took my worst mtb fall (so far), and totally ripped my right rotator
cuff. Eventual surgery, 6 weeks off bike, etc. etc.

IOW, I'll drive the boat, I'll RIDE in the boat, but ain't no one gonna talk
me into gettin' DRAGGED by dat boat!

Bill "considering LONG road trip" S.
post #38 of 40

Re: AMB-ID '05 Campsite Proposal Location and Date

Ride-A-Lot" <"mitchel[nospam] wrote:
> GeeDubb wrote:
>

>> I've already told her we're going.........
>>
>> Gary
>>

> Oh yeh, that works. I told my SO we're moving to a warmer climate. She
> told me you can visit the kids whenever you want.

Actually if it gets her away from her job of managing 30+ babies then she'd
jump at the chance. She's crapped in the woods a plenty and often talks
about drip drying (guess it's hard to shake it!). She loves the outdoors
and continually talks about getting a tent trailer or small travel trailer
to have a bed to sleep in (the air mattreses have gotten bett so she's
backing off a bit).....that's great but it's more responsibility for me
making sure it's ready, towing it, etc.

Now if I told her we were moving to Philly she'd come back with the same
response as your wife.

Gary
post #39 of 40

Bill Sornson wrote:
> GeeDubb wrote:
>> Paladin wrote:
>>> You can get very remote very fast, so not to worry. Look on the
>>> cover of last mo's BIKE for the Imperial Gulch trail. You're waaaay
>>> out there. About a 3rd of us would bring non-riding S.O.'s and kids
>>> on prior trips. Gab's S.O. was a whole lot of fun, and pitched in
>>> to help a lot too. That worked great with the lakeside cabin, but
>>> thanks to the State of Idaho, we lost the cabin when the 30yr lease
>>> ran out. However, while we're riding, there is lots for non-riders
>>> to do around there. Redfish Lake, Stanley Lake, Sun Valley, lots of
>>> hiking, swimming, rafting, even climbing, (and shopping, etc., in
>>> Hailey.) Talked to Adam today who plan's to bring his ski boat up to
>>> Redfish Lake. Now that's gonna be fun.
>>>
>>> CDB

>> Oh crap, now I have to pack my water ski, too? The lil' Subaru is
>> gonna be packed!

> I made the mistake of trying to water ski a few years ago. My right
> shoulder was already chronically f-ed (actual medical term), so I
> compensated by tweaking my LEFT shoulder! (For a while, I literally
> "threw like a girl" with my noodly left arm; it's better now, but the
> Padres ain't inviting me to spring training any time soon.)
>
> Then I took my worst mtb fall (so far), and totally ripped my right
> rotator cuff. Eventual surgery, 6 weeks off bike, etc. etc.
>
> IOW, I'll drive the boat, I'll RIDE in the boat, but ain't no one
> gonna talk me into gettin' DRAGGED by dat boat!
>
> Bill "considering LONG road trip" S.

I understand. I messed up my back water skiing and it's never been the
same. I can't sleep flat or I wake up in tons of pain. I even bought one
of those sleep number things that didn't improve anything. I sleep in my
Lazyboy recliner now and feel much better. So having said all that......I
still water ski every now and then. The first pull of the season is the
worst....two days later.

If I'm not driving the boat, I'm drinking beer.....HIT IT!

Gary
post #40 of 40

Paladin wrote:
> "gabrielle" <gabrielle@gorge.net> wrote in message
> newsan.2005.02.04.00.54.19.67258@gorge.net...
>> On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 19:35:59 -0800, Paladin wrote:
>>
>>> Gab's S.O. was a whole lot of fun, and pitched in to help
>>> a lot too.

>> I read that as "Gab 3.0" and was wondering if I was actually a clone
>> and everyone knew it but me. I gotta lay off the sauce, I guess.
>>
>>> Redfish Lake, Stanley Lake, Sun Valley, lots of hiking,
>>> swimming, rafting, even climbing, (and shopping, etc., in Hailey.)
>>> Talked to Adam today who plan's to bring his ski boat up to Redfish
>>> Lake. Now that's gonna be fun.

>> It's shaping up to be a mighty interesting gig this year. Are you
>> going to cook pancakes again? :d
>>
>> gabrielle

> Only if you bring Gab 4.0 heheh. Camp cooking's gonna be awesome,
> and there's a famous little sourdough joint in Stanley for Sunday
> morning.

Can you say Dutch Oven? Forget going out for breakfast.....
Don't forget your lawn chairs.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mountain Bikes