fitting endbars

Fm

Guest
Hi all

just wondered if anyone knows what sort of angle (relative to the horizontal) endbars are supposed
to be set up at? Thanks for any useful info.

Me

FM wrote:
> Hi all
>
> just wondered if anyone knows what sort of angle (relative to the horizontal) endbars are supposed
> to be set up at? Thanks for any useful info.
>
> Me

Start at 45 degrees and carry the key around to make adjustments to them. Can take a few rides to
get them right.

Ivor Cave

On Mon, 4 Aug 2003 02:21:48 +0100, FM wrote:

> Hi all
>
> just wondered if anyone knows what sort of angle (relative to the horizontal) endbars are supposed
> to be set up at? Thanks for any useful info.

Start off by deciding if you really need them. A lot of people fit them to adjust the handlebar
position , instead of changing the bars/stem. This means they are often fitted at odd angles, eg
straight up, leading to nasty internal injuries in crashes. Ask why are are you fitting them first.

Of course if you just want another hand position, then typically they are normally fitted so they
are basically in line with the stem, and then adjusted so that they fit flat in the palm with the
fore arm straight.

Steve

On Mon, 04 Aug 2003 02:21:48 +0100, FM did issue forth:

> Hi all
>
> just wondered if anyone knows what sort of angle (relative to the horizontal) endbars are supposed
> to be set up at? Thanks for any useful info.

Personally, I find having them at approximately the same angle as the stem is preferable.

Just remember, barends pointing straight up are BAD, unless you particularly want to lose some
internal organs during your next unplanned flight over the bars.

Huw "Bicycular hari-kiri" Pritchard

Thanks guys

news:p[email protected]...