Chain drop device

What kind of chain watcher (the device that prevents a chain from
dropping on the inside of the small ring) fits on a 2001 Trek 5500?
Thanks.

[email protected] wrote:
> Tim Arnold wrote:
> > <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > What kind of chain watcher (the device that prevents a chain from
> > > dropping on the inside of the small ring) fits on a 2001 Trek 5500?
> > > Thanks.
> > >

> > 3rd eye chain watcher
> >
> > http://www.webcyclery.com/product.php?productid=17254&cat=387&page=1

> Thanks. I couldn't tell from the site, but does the 3rd eye fit an
> usually sized seat tube on an OCLV frame?

Correction: "unusually" sized seat tube

[email protected] wrote:

> [email protected] wrote:
>
>>Tim Arnold wrote:
>>
>>><[email protected]> wrote in message
>>>news:[email protected]...

>>>3rd eye chain watcher
>>>
>>>http://www.webcyclery.com/product.php?productid=17254&cat=387&page=1

>>Thanks. I couldn't tell from the site, but does the 3rd eye fit an
>>usually sized seat tube on an OCLV frame?

> Correction: "unusually" sized seat tube

No. The products I have seen advertized will not work on an OCLV frame.
Cannot mount the device low enough due to contours near the BB.

[email protected] wrote:

> [email protected] wrote:
>
>>Tim Arnold wrote:
>>
>>><[email protected]> wrote in message
>>>news:[email protected]...

>>>3rd eye chain watcher
>>>
>>>http://www.webcyclery.com/product.php?productid=17254&cat=387&page=1

>>Thanks. I couldn't tell from the site, but does the 3rd eye fit an
>>usually sized seat tube on an OCLV frame?

> Correction: "unusually" sized seat tube

No. The products I have seen advertized will not work on an OCLV frame.
Cannot mount the device low enough due to contours near the BB.

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 12:52:03 -0400, "Tim Arnold"
<[email protected]> wrote:
><[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> What kind of chain watcher (the device that prevents a chain from
>> dropping on the inside of the small ring) fits on a 2001 Trek 5500?
>>

>3rd eye chain watcher
>
>http://www.webcyclery.com/product.php?productid=17254&cat=387&page=1

I doubt that will fit the bike in question.

I made a device out of a rubber mount for a heart rate monitor that
fits that sort of frame:

http://www.jt10000.com//images/chainwatcher1.jpg
http://www.jt10000.com//images/chainwatcher2.jpg

It's held on with cable ties.

It works OK, but was/is hard to adjust the placement.

JT

Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com