Wheel question.

Callistus Valer

Guest
What is the widest aero profile wheel available? I use Rolfs and MA3's
(700). I noticed that the MA3 rim is quite a bit wider than the Rolf. Can you use 25 tires on
narrow rims like Rolfs? Or is it better to use 23's. And vice-versa, what about 23's on a
wider rim like a Mavic MA3?

> What is the widest aero profile wheel available? I use Rolfs and
MA3's
> (700). I noticed that the MA3 rim is quite a bit wider than the Rolf.
Can
> you use 25 tires on narrow rims like Rolfs? Or is it better to use 23's. And vice-versa, what
> about 23's on a wider rim like a Mavic MA3?

Go to URL: http://www.mavic.com/servlet/srt/mavic/road-prod_fiche?produitsid=48&lg=uk# for
information on the Mavic MA3. You will need to click on the link there for "Tire Dimensions and
Inflation pressure" You can use from 19 to 28 mm tires with this rim at the recommended maximum
pressure listed on the chart. You might want to look at Rolf's specifications to determine tire size
and inflation recommendations. I scanned their web site and wasn't able to find that information.
David Ornee, Western Springs, IL

jazzy-<< I use Rolfs and MA3's
(700). I noticed that the MA3 rim is quite a bit wider than the Rolf. Can you use 25 tires on
narrow rims like Rolfs? Or is it better to use 23's. And vice-versa, what about 23's on a
wider rim like a Mavic MA3? >><BR><BR>

Either will accept anything from 18c to 28c w/o problem, probably bigger...

(701)440-3535 http://www.vecchios.com "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"

I have a set of wheels with Mavic CPX 21's (OEM aero rim from 1997). I have no trouble with my
32's on them.