NYC TRI Rained Out -- What's a Good Winter Tri?

Ac

Guest
It's been raining all week in the Big Apple, and the race organizers turned the NYC Tri into a
dualthon today. They said the conditions in the Hudson were too dangerous. I wonder if it was the
tides -- or the runoff from the city streets?

I know I'm not the only one who's disappointed. I live in New York City -- I can't imagine how it is
for all those people who came from afar!

I'm still determined to do an Olympic-distance race though. The NYC Tri was going to be my first,
but now I have to pick another one.

I was hoping you kind folks could help choose a race for the winter. I don't think I'll be able to
do another tri before the summer ends.

I had planned to finish the NYC tri, and then segue into a century at the beginning of September,
and then the New York City Marathon in November. If I pick up another Olympic-distance tri now,
it'll throw off my plans for the bike and foot races.

So maybe I can get to a tri after November. Anyone have any suggestions?

Obviously, I'd like to get to a place where I won't get rained out! Plus, a culturally interesting
location would be nice. And finally, someplace that I could easily fly in and fly out of for
competition.

I'm really determined to get an Olympic distance tri in because I'd like to do Alcatraz in 2004, and
I'd like to get a feeling for that distance earlier rather than later. Thanks!

runoff

news:[email protected]...