Campy Rear Derailleur

Lefty

Guest
I recently tried using a Suntour New Winner 7spd freewheel (13-28) with my Nuovo Record rear
derailleur. Doesn't work, upper pulley wheel is too close to the 28t cog. This same freewheel worked
just fine with the Super Record derailleur that was previously installed. Is the a capacity tooth
difference between Nuovo and Super? Is there another Campy rear derailleur from the same era (80's)
that will work with this 28t cog. The newer rears have a higher tooth capacity, will the work ok? Or
will the # of teeth in the pulley wheels creat a problem (if the are different)?

Thanks, Lefty

"lefty" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I recently tried using a Suntour New Winner 7spd freewheel (13-28) with my Nuovo Record rear
> derailleur. Doesn't work, upper pulley wheel is too close to the 28t cog. This same freewheel
> worked just fine with the Super Record derailleur that was previously installed. Is the a capacity
> tooth difference between Nuovo and Super? Is there another Campy rear derailleur from the same era
> (80's) that will work with this 28t cog. The newer rears have a higher tooth capacity, will the
> work ok? Or will the # of teeth in the pulley wheels creat a problem (if the are different)?

Buy yourself an inexpensive ($20) Shimano derailer and it'll shift better than that NR ever did.

--
Robin Hubert <[email protected]

In article <[email protected]>, lefty <[email protected]> wrote:
>I recently tried using a Suntour New Winner 7spd freewheel (13-28) with my Nuovo Record rear
>derailleur. Doesn't work, upper pulley wheel is too close to the 28t cog. This same freewheel
>worked just fine with the Super Record derailleur that was previously installed.
>
>Is the a capacity tooth difference between Nuovo and Super? Is there another Campy rear derailleur
>from the same era (80's) that will work with this 28t cog.

The Rally was one from the 1970s & 80s, would not look out of place on a Nuovo Record bike.

>The newer rears have a higher tooth capacity, will the work ok? Or will the # of teeth in the
>pulley wheels creat a problem (if the are different)?

Yes newer ones will work more than "ok" - they will shift vastly better than the old stuff, even
fairly cheap ones like Veloce.

--Paul