OT - How do you resist temptation?

Syssi

Guest
Just a shot in the dark here as I felt like stirring the pot (I need to
remind myself not to 'over'pour the Kaluha <slurred speeling LOL> on a
semi-empty stomach)...

How do you avoid office temptations? I have a few that I can flirt with
freely at work (many of us are ex-military and know other way... LOL) but it
dawned on me that isn't always the case. It's probably a good thing that
I'm married and 'know better' than to have an office romance - because the
pickin's could/would be emmence! Just last week I took my own informal
poll... there are some very nice looking men and women where I work and
warehouses being what they are - quite a few of them appear to be in
excellent shape...

Like I said... just stirring up the pot here without eliciting my own
theories. <G>

--
Syssi

"Syssi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
Just a shot in the dark here as I felt like stirring the pot (I need to
remind myself not to 'over'pour the Kaluha <slurred speeling LOL> on a
semi-empty stomach)...

How do you avoid office temptations? I have a few that I can flirt with
freely at work (many of us are ex-military and know no other way... LOL)
but it
dawned on me that isn't always the case. It's probably a good thing that
I'm married and 'know better' than to have an office romance - because the
pickin's could/would be immence! Just last week I took my own informal

Syssi wrote:
> Just a shot in the dark here as I felt like stirring the pot (I need
> to remind myself not to 'over'pour the Kaluha <slurred speeling LOL>
> on a semi-empty stomach)...
>
> How do you avoid office temptations?

Simple. Just say "no". Unless you don't. Then you're on your own.

OB Food: Leftover pasta with herbed tomato sauce topped with grated Parm.

Jill

> Syssi wrote:
>> Just a shot in the dark here as I felt like stirring the pot (I need
>> to remind myself not to 'over'pour the Kaluha <slurred speeling LOL>
>> on a semi-empty stomach)...
>>
>> How do you avoid office temptations?

> Simple. Just say "no". Unless you don't. Then you're on your own.
>
> OB Food: Leftover pasta with herbed tomato sauce topped with grated Parm.
>
> Jill

=================

Good answer.

Yummmm! Sounds good Jill.

Can you tell I'm bored on a Sunday night? LOL

--
Syssi

"Syssi" <[email protected]> wrote

> How do you avoid office temptations? I have a few that I can flirt with
> freely at work (many of us are ex-military and know other way... LOL) but
> it dawned on me that isn't always the case.

Happens all the time, as I'm sure you know. Usually the fallout is not
pretty one way or another. People have to decide if it's worth it.
Probably most of the time it's a huge mistake, just from my
observation.

nancy

"Syssi" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> How do you avoid office temptations? I have a few that I can flirt with
> freely at work (many of us are ex-military and know other way... LOL) but
> it dawned on me that isn't always the case. It's probably a good thing
> that I'm married and 'know better' than to have an office romance -
> because the pickin's could/would be emmence!

I think with the brain in my head, not the other one that would have
different ideas. Fooling around at work is far too risky. I have a great
job and that is one way you can jeopardize it. I also have a great marriage
and don't want to jeopardize that either.

It is also easy as there is only two that I'd have any interest in anyway.
One I work very closely with and we are often alone together, eat lunch
together, travel to the other warehouse together. One wrong move can
destroy the complete trust that she has with me for many years.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

Syssi wrote:

> Just a shot in the dark here as I felt like stirring the pot (I need
> remind myself not to 'over'pour the Kaluha <slurred speeling LOL> on a
>
> semi-empty stomach)...
>
> How do you avoid office temptations?

When it comes to blue cheese and breaded chicken 'nuggets' i just do not
buy them and then i am not tempted to over indulge.

When it comes to the kind of 'flirtations' mentioned i am to old to care
and equally undesirable from a purly physical standpoint to those who
do.
---
JL

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
> "Syssi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>
>> How do you avoid office temptations? I have a few that I can flirt
>> with freely at work (many of us are ex-military and know other
>> way... LOL) but it dawned on me that isn't always the case. It's
>> probably a good thing that I'm married and 'know better' than to
>> have an office romance - because the pickin's could/would be emmence!

> I think with the brain in my head, not the other one that would have
> different ideas. Fooling around at work is far too risky. I have a
> great job and that is one way you can jeopardize it. I also have a
> great marriage and don't want to jeopardize that either.

Kudos, Ed! on respecting your marriage vows.

I worked at a place where I can't begin to count the number of married
couples who worked there whose romances started in the office (working in
different departments, of course). Others managed to get transferred from a
different state so they could have a more convenient pre-wedding romance!
having only met once or twice through business meetings. This was not a
family owned business. The employee handbook specifically stated they
encourage the hiring of spouses and relatives. Seemed very odd to me.

Jill

In article <XbSLe.5193$Al5.1551@trnddc04>,
"Syssi" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Just a shot in the dark here as I felt like stirring the pot (I need to
> remind myself not to 'over'pour the Kaluha <slurred speeling LOL> on a
> semi-empty stomach)...
>
> How do you avoid office temptations? I have a few that I can flirt with
> freely at work (many of us are ex-military and know other way... LOL) but it
> dawned on me that isn't always the case. It's probably a good thing that
> I'm married and 'know better' than to have an office romance - because the
> pickin's could/would be emmence! Just last week I took my own informal
> poll... there are some very nice looking men and women where I work and
> warehouses being what they are - quite a few of them appear to be in
> excellent shape...
>
> Like I said... just stirring up the pot here without eliciting my own
> theories. <G>

Wear a chastity belt and let your husband hold the key!
--
Om.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-*****." -Jack Nicholson

Syssi wrote:

> "Syssi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> Just a shot in the dark here as I felt like stirring the pot (I need to
> remind myself not to 'over'pour the Kaluha <slurred speeling LOL> on a
> semi-empty stomach)...
>
> How do you avoid office temptations? I have a few that I can flirt with
> freely at work (many of us are ex-military and know no other way... LOL)
> but it
> dawned on me that isn't always the case. It's probably a good thing that
> I'm married and 'know better' than to have an office romance - because the
> pickin's could/would be immence! Just last week I took my own informal
> poll... there are some very nice looking men and women where I work and
> warehouses being what they are - quite a few of them appear to be in
> excellent shape...
>
> Like I said... just stirring up the pot here without eliciting my own
> theories. <G>
>
> --
> Syssi

My theory is it took me 28 years to train DH. I'm too old and too tired
to try training another. Besides, DH really is my best friend and
always has been. I can't recall a time of ever being tempted.

Obfood: DH loves to eat and I love to cook so we mesh quite nicely. I'm
doing care packs for a couple of our kids today. Neither cook much so
both appreciate home cooking. In today's care packs I am making - bbq
roast sliced for sandwiches, stuffed swiss chard topped with roasted
tomato sauce & motz. cheese, buttered rice, salmon steaks with garden
fresh green beans & corn niblets, beef stew, quart of cherry tomatoes,
cucumber, and homecanned pizza sauce. Since the bbq is going to be on
anyway, I'll probably toss a foil pack of potatoes & onions too. That
should tide them over and meet my cooking needs today :)

PS. My pole beans are going nuts! I've canned 14 pints so far and can't
keep up. I'll use up this morning's pickings in the stew and with the
salmon but by tonight I'll have another good quart. Any other tried &
true recipes for using up beans?

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 03:25:39 -0500, jmcquown wrote:

> Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
> > "Syssi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >>
> >> How do you avoid office temptations? I have a few that I can flirt
> >> with freely at work (many of us are ex-military and know other
> >> way... LOL) but it dawned on me that isn't always the case. It's
> >> probably a good thing that I'm married and 'know better' than to
> >> have an office romance - because the pickin's could/would be emmence!

> > I think with the brain in my head, not the other one that would have
> > different ideas. Fooling around at work is far too risky. I have a
> > great job and that is one way you can jeopardize it. I also have a
> > great marriage and don't want to jeopardize that either.
> >

> Kudos, Ed! on respecting your marriage vows.
>
> I worked at a place where I can't begin to count the number of married
> couples who worked there whose romances started in the office (working in
> different departments, of course). Others managed to get transferred from a
> different state so they could have a more convenient pre-wedding romance!
> having only met once or twice through business meetings. This was not a
> family owned business. The employee handbook specifically stated they
> encourage the hiring of spouses and relatives. Seemed very odd to me.

So, what were the actual working conditions like? If the workers were
happy and productive, that's what matters.

"Syssi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> Just a shot in the dark here as I felt like stirring the pot (I need to remind
> myself not to 'over'pour the Kaluha <slurred speeling LOL> on a semi-empty
> stomach)...
>
> How do you avoid office temptations? I have a few that I can flirt with
> freely at work (many of us are ex-military and know other way... LOL) but it
> dawned on me that isn't always the case. It's probably a good thing that I'm
> married and 'know better' than to have an office romance - because the
> pickin's could/would be emmence! Just last week I took my own informal
> poll... there are some very nice looking men and women where I work and
> warehouses being what they are - quite a few of them appear to be in excellent
> shape...
>
> Like I said... just stirring up the pot here without eliciting my own
> theories. <G>
>
> --
> Syssi

1. Read the community property laws.
2. Check out Sexual Harassment statutes.
3. Understand the spread of STD'S (sexually transmitted diseases).

Several other points.

There are only 2 things that give a man power over women:

1. Celibacy
2. Impotence.

;-)

Dimitri

sf wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 03:25:39 -0500, jmcquown wrote:
>
>> Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

>> flirt >> with freely at work (many of us are ex-military and know
>> other >> way... LOL) but it dawned on me that isn't always the
>> case. It's >> probably a good thing that I'm married and 'know
>> better' than to >> have an office romance - because the pickin's
>> could/would be emmence! >
>> > I think with the brain in my head, not the other one that would

>> have > different ideas. Fooling around at work is far too risky.
>> I have a > great job and that is one way you can jeopardize it. I
>> also have a > great marriage and don't want to jeopardize that
>> either. >
>> Kudos, Ed! on respecting your marriage vows.
>>
>> I worked at a place where I can't begin to count the number of
>> married couples who worked there whose romances started in the
>> office (working in different departments, of course). Others
>> managed to get transferred from a different state so they could
>> have a more convenient pre-wedding romance! having only met once or
>> twice through business meetings. This was not a family owned
>> business. The employee handbook specifically stated they encourage
>> the hiring of spouses and relatives. Seemed very odd to me.
>>

> So, what were the actual working conditions like? If the workers were
> happy and productive, that's what matters.

You always knew if they'd had an argument. I can't say that was always the
case, and they were in different departments (with the exception of one
couple but the wife was a contractor, not an actual employee) but we were
all in I.T. so things tended to overlap. Mostly it was okay, just seemed
odd to me since most companies don't condone (much less promote) this sort
of thing.

Jill

"jmcquown" <[email protected]> wrote

> You always knew if they'd had an argument. I can't say that was always
> the
> case, and they were in different departments (with the exception of one
> couple but the wife was a contractor, not an actual employee) but we were
> all in I.T. so things tended to overlap. Mostly it was okay, just seemed
> odd to me since most companies don't condone (much less promote) this sort
> of thing.

Where I worked, they called the IT installation Continental Internal
Affairs.
Seems like everyone was married to or having an affair with someone else
they met there. In the waning days, when my department was probably
fewer than 20 people, there were 6 married to and 2 having affairs with
coworkers, elsewhere in the division.

nancy

On Mon 15 Aug 2005 01:17:40p, Nancy Young wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> "jmcquown" <[email protected]> wrote
>
>> You always knew if they'd had an argument. I can't say that was always
>> the case, and they were in different departments (with the exception of
>> one couple but the wife was a contractor, not an actual employee) but we
>> were all in I.T. so things tended to overlap. Mostly it was okay, just
>> seemed odd to me since most companies don't condone (much less promote)
>> this sort of thing.

> Where I worked, they called the IT installation Continental Internal
> Affairs.
> Seems like everyone was married to or having an affair with someone else
> they met there. In the waning days, when my department was probably
> fewer than 20 people, there were 6 married to and 2 having affairs with
> coworkers, elsewhere in the division.
>
> nancy

The policy of a company where I worked for many years required that spouses
must work in another department or division and, preferably, in another
building. When I worked as a DBA, there was another DBA who had been
married to 3 different women in the company over a short span of years.

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

"Dimitri" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Syssi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > Just a shot in the dark here as I felt like stirring the pot (I need to

remind
> > myself not to 'over'pour the Kaluha <slurred speeling LOL> on a

semi-empty
> > stomach)...
> >
> > How do you avoid office temptations? I have a few that I can flirt with
> > freely at work (many of us are ex-military and know other way... LOL)

but it
> > dawned on me that isn't always the case. It's probably a good thing

that I'm
> > married and 'know better' than to have an office romance - because the
> > pickin's could/would be emmence! Just last week I took my own informal
> > poll... there are some very nice looking men and women where I work and
> > warehouses being what they are - quite a few of them appear to be in

excellent
> > shape...
> >
> > Like I said... just stirring up the pot here without eliciting my own
> > theories. <G>
> >
> > --
> > Syssi

> 1. Read the community property laws.
> 2. Check out Sexual Harassment statutes.
> 3. Understand the spread of STD'S (sexually transmitted diseases).
>
> Several other points.
>
> There are only 2 things that give a man power over women:
>
> 1. Celibacy
> 2. Impotence.
>
> ;-)

Spoken like a man who's been married for a loooooooong time. And to a very
good woman. Has her canonization taken place yet? Or perhaps it's the
other one, have her commitment papers been finalized? ;-)

TammyM (can't find my taped copy of the episode of "Calling All Cooks" with
Dimitri!!!!)

> "Syssi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> Just a shot in the dark here as I felt like stirring the pot (I need to
> remind myself not to 'over'pour the Kaluha <slurred speeling LOL> on a
> semi-empty stomach)...
>
> How do you avoid office temptations? I have a few that I can flirt with
> freely at work (many of us are ex-military and know no other way... LOL)
> but it
> dawned on me that isn't always the case. It's probably a good thing that
> I'm married and 'know better' than to have an office romance - because

the
> pickin's could/would be immence! Just last week I took my own informal
> poll... there are some very nice looking men and women where I work and
> warehouses being what they are - quite a few of them appear to be in
> excellent shape...
>
> Like I said... just stirring up the pot here without eliciting my own
> theories. <G>
>
> --
> Syssi

When I read this post the first time, I thought you were talking about
goodies in the office! How do you resist goodies. Like ... baked goods,
candies, you know, goodies. Now I find out we're talking about Goodies with
a capital G!!!!!!!! Just remember that old saying, "You don't **** where
you sleep or eat." Nuff said!!!! ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)

TammyM

Syssi wrote:

> Just a shot in the dark here as I felt like stirring the pot (I need to
> remind myself not to 'over'pour the Kaluha <slurred speeling LOL> on a
> semi-empty stomach)...
>
> How do you avoid office temptations? I have a few that I can flirt with
> freely at work (many of us are ex-military and know other way... LOL) but it
> dawned on me that isn't always the case. It's probably a good thing that
> I'm married and 'know better' than to have an office romance - because the
> pickin's could/would be emmence! Just last week I took my own informal
> poll... there are some very nice looking men and women where I work and
> warehouses being what they are - quite a few of them appear to be in
> excellent shape...
>
> Like I said... just stirring up the pot here without eliciting my own
> theories. <G>

Easy! Just work in places where each person is expected to do the work
of three or four people. After seeing the colleagues for 18 hours a day
six days a week, there is no temptation LOL. Just boredom and exhaustion
:)
> Syssi

"TammyM" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

<snip>

>> 1. Read the community property laws.
>> 2. Check out Sexual Harassment statutes.
>> 3. Understand the spread of STD'S (sexually transmitted diseases).
>>
>> Several other points.
>>
>> There are only 2 things that give a man power over women:
>>
>> 1. Celibacy
>> 2. Impotence.
>>
>> ;-)

> Spoken like a man who's been married for a loooooooong time. And to a very
> good woman. Has her canonization taken place yet? Or perhaps it's the
> other one, have her commitment papers been finalized? ;-)
>
> TammyM (can't find my taped copy of the episode of "Calling All Cooks" with
> Dimitri!!!!)

LOL

You forgot - 1 wife and 4 daughters - that's 5 to 1. Not to mention the female
animals.

Remember I don't have to come to work to be harassed by women - I can get that
at home.

:)

Dimitri

"TammyM" <&"Syssi" <
<snip>
> When I read this post the first time, I thought you were talking about
> goodies in the office! How do you resist goodies. Like ... baked goods,
> candies, you know, goodies. Now I find out we're talking about Goodies
> with
> a capital G!!!!!!!! Just remember that old saying, "You don't **** where
> you sleep or eat." Nuff said!!!! ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)
>
> TammyM

ROTFLMBO!!! Good one Tammy!

--
Syssi