biking in hampshire

Felip Garcia

Guest
Hi all,

I love mountain biking but is always difficult to find people to ride with. I was wonderig if there
is any people here who usually ride in the basingstoke area or anywere in hampshire and could show
me some nice routes.

Thanks in advance

Felip

I used to ride around the Leith Hill area in Surrey for a while before moving across the pond.

Might be a bit further than you want, but there are some great trails (and pubs) around there

"Felip Garcia" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<LV8%[email protected]>...
> Hi all,
>
> I love mountain biking but is always difficult to find people to ride with. I was wonderig if
> there is any people here who usually ride in the basingstoke area or anywere in hampshire and
> could show me some nice routes.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Felip

Look for a bike club, or check local shops for shop rides.

JD

Log on to www.singletrackworld.co.uk and ask in the forum there.

Felip Garcia" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:LV8%[email protected]...
> Hi all,
>
> I love mountain biking but is always difficult to find people to ride
with.
> I was wonderig if there is any people here who usually ride in the basingstoke area or anywere in
> hampshire and could show me some nice
routes.

> Thanks in advance
>
> Felip

I think the best mountainbiking around Basingstoke can be found at Kingsclere, I'm sure there's
local mountain bike group there that meet each weekend but I'm not sure of the details. Also have a
look at http://www.hants.gov.uk/cycling/routes.html for route ideas, I can recommend the Watership
down route.

"M" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Felip Garcia" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:LV8%[email protected]...
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I love mountain biking but is always difficult to find people to ride
> with.
> > I was wonderig if there is any people here who usually ride in the basingstoke area or anywere
> > in hampshire and could show me some nice
> routes.
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> >
> > Felip
> >

> I think the best mountainbiking around Basingstoke can be found at Kingsclere, I'm sure there's
> local mountain bike group there that meet
each
> weekend but I'm not sure of the details. Also have a look at
> http://www.hants.gov.uk/cycling/routes.html for route ideas, I can
recommend
> the Watership down route.

I've ridden parts of the Watership Down route and it's OK - not too technical, a few climbs. The
Whitchurch route (on the same site mentioned by
M) takes in parts of Wayfarer's Walk on the western side of the A34 - this has a couple of
good sections.

For local groups try your LBS - I was in Bike Brothers in Basingstoke town centre at the weekend and
got chatting to a bloke who rides a couple of times a week, and was looking for others to ride with
(I couldn't help - Basingstoke isn't very local for me). If you ask at the shop they'll probably be
able to point you in the right direction.