Tyre Pressure Help!!!

Msa

Guest
Saturday night check on tyres before early Sunday morning ride...back tyre flat (well, about
10psi.). Remove tyre, no puncture found (even in water)...reinflate to 120psi and go to bed.

Up Sunday morning, tyre OK. Ride 60 miles. Tyre OK when I get home. Checked the tyre this
morning...10 psi.

Tyres: Kenda, Tube vittoria.

Any idea what's going on?

Thanks.

--
Mark

"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak"

"MSA" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Saturday night check on tyres before early Sunday morning ride...back tyre flat (well, about
> 10psi.). Remove tyre, no puncture found (even in water)...reinflate to 120psi and go to bed.
>
> Up Sunday morning, tyre OK. Ride 60 miles. Tyre OK when I get home. Checked the tyre this
> morning...10 psi.
>
> Tyres: Kenda, Tube vittoria.
>
> Any idea what's going on?

Dud valve is the next obvious cause .......... try inflating/deflating a few times to see if the
seal seats better and keeps the tyre up.

RG

MSA <[email protected]> wrote:

> Up Sunday morning, tyre OK. Ride 60 miles. Tyre OK when I get home. Checked the tyre this
> morning...10 psi. Tyres: Kenda, Tube vittoria.
>
> Any idea what's going on?

Yes. You've got a leaking tube!

Are the tubes latex? If so, they go can go down from full to flat overnight.It is quite normal -
that is the price for them being so thin and light. If normal rubber type tubes (butyl?) then you
may have a v.slow puncture.They dont always show immediately when you dunk them in water. Or, you
may have a leaking valve. Alan.

--
Change the 'minus' to 'plus' to reply by e-mail. http://www.dvatc.co.uk - Off-road Cycling in the
North Midlands.

A Lee must be edykated coz e writed:

> MSA <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Up Sunday morning, tyre OK. Ride 60 miles. Tyre OK when I get home. Checked the tyre this
>> morning...10 psi. Tyres: Kenda, Tube vittoria.
>>
>> Any idea what's going on?
>
> Yes. You've got a leaking tube!
>
> Are the tubes latex? If so, they go can go down from full to flat overnight.It is quite normal -
> that is the price for them being so thin and light. If normal rubber type tubes (butyl?) then you
> may have a v.slow puncture.They dont always show immediately when you dunk them in water. Or, you
> may have a leaking valve. Alan.

Or the tyre pixies might be letting them down at night.

Absinthe anyone?

Ian

"MSA" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Saturday night check on tyres before early Sunday morning ride...back tyre flat (well, about
> 10psi.). Remove tyre, no puncture found (even in water)...reinflate to 120psi and go to bed.
>
> Up Sunday morning, tyre OK. Ride 60 miles. Tyre OK when I get home. Checked the tyre this
> morning...10 psi.
>
> Tyres: Kenda, Tube vittoria.
>
> Any idea what's going on?

Yep -- the air is getting out : )

Replace the tube and have done with, for £2.50 why not ?

"M Series" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Replace the tube and have done with, for £2.50 why not ?

Yes of course, but it was a brand new tube the day before anyway!

No worries, new tube going in.

Thanks for the replies...funnies an all!

--

MSA wrote:
> Saturday night check on tyres before early Sunday morning ride...back tyre flat (well, about
> 10psi.). Remove tyre, no puncture found (even in water)...reinflate to 120psi and go to bed.
>
> Up Sunday morning, tyre OK. Ride 60 miles. Tyre OK when I get home. Checked the tyre this
> morning...10 psi.
>
> Tyres: Kenda, Tube vittoria.

I would guess it's the bonding between valve and tube (I've had this happen with Vittoria tubes). If
so, you would see bubbles escaping when waggling valve under water but not necessarily otherwise. If
that's not the case, then I dunno!

I find Michelin tubes more reliable even though they are thinner so require topping up more often.

~PB

Pete Biggs wrote:

> I find Michelin tubes more reliable even though they are thinner so require topping up more often.

Michelin v Vittoria *UltraLight* tubes, that is.

~PB

Pete Biggs wrote:

>> I find Michelin tubes more reliable even though they are thinner so require topping up
>> more often.
>
> Michelin v Vittoria *UltraLight* tubes, that is.

Michelin *UltraLight* v Vittoria *UltraLight* tubes, that is.

I'll get me gilet. :)

~PB

> Pete Biggs wrote:
>
> >> I find Michelin tubes more reliable even though they are thinner so require topping up more
> >> often.
> >
> > Michelin v Vittoria *UltraLight* tubes, that is.
>
> Michelin *UltraLight* v Vittoria *UltraLight* tubes, that is.
>
> I'll get me gilet. :)
>
> ~PB

LOL!

Well I have an update. Tonight I had a little more time and so I pumped up the innertubes
considerably (never thought they would go that big!) and dunked them in water. I found the
blighters, and boy were they tiny!

Job jobbed.