Stolen - Merida Slick Rock - Brisbane

Ray Cowburn

New Member
Aug 19, 2003
guys, sorry to start with a bad news story but...

I built this bike up from bits & pieces...probably would have been cheaper to buy a new one...

If you see it "for sale" please let me know...

Color: Burnt Orange & Matt Black
Black RST forks
Shimano Altus (front & rear)

I'd love to get this bike back.

there was one matching that description on ebay a couple of days ago...didnt sell as far as i
know...hope you get it back....

"Ray Cowburn" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> guys, sorry to start with a bad news story but...
>
> I built this bike up from bits & pieces...probably would have been cheaper to buy a new one...
>
> If you see it "for sale" please let me know...
>
> Color: Burnt Orange & Matt Black Black RST forks Shimano Altus (front & rear)
>
> I'd love to get this bike back.

Sorry just checked..it was in sydney...heres the url for it
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3622032742&category=7297

Chris Chapman wrote:
> there was one matching that description on ebay a couple of days ago...didnt sell as far as i
> know...hope you get it back....

Probably would have been better to email Ray direct rather than post to this NG and potentially tip
off the thief...

&roo

I would have if the source addy hadn't been [email protected].

"Andrew Swan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Chris Chapman wrote:
> > there was one matching that description on ebay a couple of days
ago...didnt
> > sell as far as i know...hope you get it back....
> >
> Probably would have been better to email Ray direct rather than post to this NG and potentially
> tip off the thief...
>
> &roo

Dear Chris & Andrew,

Thanks for your replies...
The Ebay Merida was similar but not it...bummer.

...as far as "tipping off the thief", if they've advertised it on Ebay, they and it would be pretty traceable - unless they ditched it...
I'm inclined to think that if the community talks up stolen goods (in general) they get harder to shift for the thief.

Originally posted by Ray Cowburn
guys, sorry to start with a bad news story but...

I built this bike up from bits & pieces...probably would have been cheaper to buy a new one...

If you see it "for sale" please let me know...

Color: Burnt Orange & Matt Black
Black RST forks
Shimano Altus (front & rear)

I'd love to get this bike back.
Have a quick check on e-bay. I remember seeing something about a Merida with "Burnt Orange" paint or something yet the photo showed a Black and White Merida

My apologies. I've just re-hashed old ground. Should have read all the posts first. BTW I re-checked and that bike has just been re-listed. (Same specs though)