Psyllium Husk Relieves Constipation

Ajeet Gautam

Guest
Psyllium has been the subject of clinical trials which have confirmed
the herb's action as both an anti-diarrheal and as a laxative,
promoting the restoration of healthy bowel functioning. Psyllium hulls
act like a "broom," cleansing the colon and absorbing toxins
adhered to intestinal walls.
Psyllium increases available water content within the large intestine,
thus increasing the bulk of the stool and making its passage easier,
thus helping to relieve hemorrhoids
Visit
http://www.globalstore.tk

Ajeet Gautam wrote:

> Psyllium has been the subject of clinical trials which have confirmed
> the herb's action as both an anti-diarrheal and as a laxative,

You don't need clinical trials to show the obvious. Psyllium is a bulk
laxative available from most supermarkets & health food stores.

As soon as I see the word "toxins" I know I'm viewing new age claptrap.

gtoomey

On 26 Sep 2005 21:15:00 -0700, "Ajeet Gautam" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Psyllium has been the subject of clinical trials which have confirmed
>the herb's action as both an anti-diarrheal and as a laxative,
>promoting the restoration of healthy bowel functioning. Psyllium hulls
>act like a "broom," cleansing the colon and absorbing toxins
>adhered to intestinal walls.
>Psyllium increases available water content within the large intestine,
>thus increasing the bulk of the stool and making its passage easier,
>thus helping to relieve hemorrhoids
>Visit
>http://www.globalstore.tk

Howdy :) -

I was going to post this question separately, but this seems a good
place: About how much psyllium do you take and how often should it be
taken? Thanks.

bmcky

Boston, MA

bmcky wrote:

> Howdy :) -
>
> I was going to post this question separately, but this seems a good
> place: About how much psyllium do you take and how often should it be
> taken? Thanks.
>
> bmcky
>
> Boston, MA

One tablespoon once a day is usual.
Don't expect an answer from the OP, they're a spammer.

gtoomey

In article <[email protected]>,
"Ajeet Gautam" <[email protected]> wrote:

<snipped spam>

Yeah. It's called "Metamucil" here in america.....

Or one can easily and cheaply purchase Psyllium husk in bulk at any good
health food store.

Unfortunately, it's not low carb.

Cheers!
--
Om.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-*****." -Jack Nicholson

In article <[email protected]>,
bmcky <[email protected]> wrote:

> On 26 Sep 2005 21:15:00 -0700, "Ajeet Gautam" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> >Psyllium has been the subject of clinical trials which have confirmed
> >the herb's action as both an anti-diarrheal and as a laxative,
> >promoting the restoration of healthy bowel functioning. Psyllium hulls
> >act like a "broom," cleansing the colon and absorbing toxins
> >adhered to intestinal walls.
> >Psyllium increases available water content within the large intestine,
> >thus increasing the bulk of the stool and making its passage easier,
> >thus helping to relieve hemorrhoids
> >Visit
> >http://www.globalstore.tk

> Howdy :) -
>
> I was going to post this question separately, but this seems a good
> place: About how much psyllium do you take and how often should it be
> taken? Thanks.
>
> bmcky
>
> Boston, MA

two tbs. in water twice per day.

Buy Metamucil and follow the can directions.
--

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:

> <snipped spam>
>
> Yeah. It's called "Metamucil" here in america.....

Metamucil is a mixture of psyllium husk and some junk
sweetener to make it taste like something other than
ground up dried grass leaves.

> Or one can easily and cheaply purchase Psyllium husk in bulk at any good
> health food store.

Easier and cheaper than on-line sources.

> Unfortunately, it's not low carb.

This is debatable. It is all insoluble fiber. It can not be
digested by human digestive enzymes. It also can not be
digested by the enzymes from human intestinal bacteria. A
termite would not consider it low carb, but for a human it
makes sense to count straight psyllium husk as zero carbs.

The fillers in metamucil, different story. I know there
is a sugar-free version but I haven't looked at it closely.

In article <[email protected]>,
"Doug Freyburger" <[email protected]> wrote:

> OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
> >
> > <snipped spam>
> >
> > Yeah. It's called "Metamucil" here in america.....

> Metamucil is a mixture of psyllium husk and some junk
> sweetener to make it taste like something other than
> ground up dried grass leaves.
>
> > Or one can easily and cheaply purchase Psyllium husk in bulk at any good
> > health food store.

> Easier and cheaper than on-line sources.
>
> > Unfortunately, it's not low carb.

> This is debatable. It is all insoluble fiber. It can not be
> digested by human digestive enzymes. It also can not be
> digested by the enzymes from human intestinal bacteria. A
> termite would not consider it low carb, but for a human it
> makes sense to count straight psyllium husk as zero carbs.
>
> The fillers in metamucil, different story. I know there
> is a sugar-free version but I haven't looked at it closely.

Precisely. ;-)
I've not looked at the sugar free either.

I just take Twinlabs magnesium oxide.
I have to anyway as I have a problem with chronic hypomagnesemia.
My Dr. says it's a congenital renal tubule defect.

Low mag levels suck too...
--
Om.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-*****." -Jack Nicholson

In article <[email protected]>,
bmcky <[email protected]> wrote:

> On 26 Sep 2005 21:15:00 -0700, "Ajeet Gautam" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> >Psyllium has been the subject of clinical trials which have confirmed
> >the herb's action as both an anti-diarrheal and as a laxative,
> >promoting the restoration of healthy bowel functioning. Psyllium hulls
> >act like a "broom," cleansing the colon and absorbing toxins
> >adhered to intestinal walls.
> >Psyllium increases available water content within the large intestine,
> >thus increasing the bulk of the stool and making its passage easier,
> >thus helping to relieve hemorrhoids
> >Visit
> >http://www.globalstore.tk

> Howdy :) -
>
> I was going to post this question separately, but this seems a good
> place: About how much psyllium do you take and how often should it be
> taken? Thanks.
>
> bmcky
>
> Boston, MA

He doesn't take it. He sells it.

Priscilla, also in Boston

Doug Freyburger <[email protected]> wrote:
:> OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
:>>
:>> <snipped spam>
:>>
:>> Yeah. It's called "Metamucil" here in america.....
:>
:> Metamucil is a mixture of psyllium husk and some junk
:> sweetener to make it taste like something other than
:> ground up dried grass leaves.
:>
:>> Or one can easily and cheaply purchase Psyllium husk in bulk at any
:>> good health food store.
:>
:> Easier and cheaper than on-line sources.

I don't know about this....anything at my local health food store seems to
cost a fortune. The place is more like a yuppie store, with a health
slant...

I get much better prices online....If I buy enough, I even get free shipping
(just ordered 2000 capsules yesterday). Can't reallly be any easier or
cheaper...IMO.

In article <[email protected]>,
"Roger Zoul" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Doug Freyburger <[email protected]> wrote:
> :> OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
> :>>
> :>> <snipped spam>
> :>>
> :>> Yeah. It's called "Metamucil" here in america.....
> :>
> :> Metamucil is a mixture of psyllium husk and some junk
> :> sweetener to make it taste like something other than
> :> ground up dried grass leaves.
> :>
> :>> Or one can easily and cheaply purchase Psyllium husk in bulk at any
> :>> good health food store.
> :>
> :> Easier and cheaper than on-line sources.
>
> I don't know about this....anything at my local health food store seems to
> cost a fortune. The place is more like a yuppie store, with a health
> slant...

You are shopping at the wrong store. ;-)
Try Sun Harvest, and "Now" brand Psyllium husk in a 1 lb. can bulk.

> I get much better prices online....If I buy enough, I even get free shipping
> (just ordered 2000 capsules yesterday). Can't reallly be any easier or
> cheaper...IMO.

That is actually quite true!
You just have to watch out for shipping costs.

--
Om.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-*****." -Jack Nicholson

I don't drink my fiber supplement, I eat it in the form of pills. In
my case, there's nothing added, just a gelatin coating around pure
crushed psyllium husk. I never figured what I was swallowing contained
any appreciable carbs.

On 2005-09-28 10:11:44 -0400, "Roger Zoul" <[email protected]> said:

> I don't know about this....anything at my local health food store seems
> to cost a fortune. The place is more like a yuppie store, with a
> health slant...
>
> I get much better prices online....If I buy enough, I even get free
> shipping (just ordered 2000 capsules yesterday). Can't reallly be any
> easier or cheaper...IMO.

How well do the capsules work compared to the powder? They seem a lot
more convenient.

Sammy! <[email protected]> wrote:
:> On 2005-09-28 10:11:44 -0400, "Roger Zoul" <[email protected]>
:> said:
:>>
:>>
:>> I don't know about this....anything at my local health food store
:>> seems to cost a fortune. The place is more like a yuppie store,
:>> with a health slant...
:>>
:>> I get much better prices online....If I buy enough, I even get free
:>> shipping (just ordered 2000 capsules yesterday). Can't reallly be
:>> any easier or cheaper...IMO.
:>
:> How well do the capsules work compared to the powder? They seem a lot
:> more convenient.

I've never used the powder. IMO, the capsules work just fine....I think
them in the am with the other stuff, along with a lot of liquid. With the
capsules, there's no need to try to hide the taste (or lack of it) of
husks....

OmManiPadmeOmelet <[email protected]> wrote:
:> In article <[email protected]>,
:> "Roger Zoul" <[email protected]> wrote:
:>
:>> Doug Freyburger <[email protected]> wrote:
:>> :> OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
:>> :>>
:>> :>> <snipped spam>
:>> :>>
:>> :>> Yeah. It's called "Metamucil" here in america.....
:>> :>
:>> :> Metamucil is a mixture of psyllium husk and some junk
:>> :> sweetener to make it taste like something other than
:>> :> ground up dried grass leaves.
:>> :>
:>> :>> Or one can easily and cheaply purchase Psyllium husk in bulk at
:>> :>> any
:>> :>> good health food store.
:>> :>
:>> :> Easier and cheaper than on-line sources.
:>>
:>> I don't know about this....anything at my local health food store
:>> seems to cost a fortune. The place is more like a yuppie store,
:>> with a health slant...
:>
:> You are shopping at the wrong store. ;-)

I agree...but there are no Trader Joes here.

:> Try Sun Harvest, and "Now" brand Psyllium husk in a 1 lb. can bulk.

Don't do bulk husk...I prefer capsules.

:>
:>>
:>> I get much better prices online....If I buy enough, I even get free
:>> shipping (just ordered 2000 capsules yesterday). Can't reallly be
:>> any easier or cheaper...IMO.
:>
:> That is actually quite true!
:> You just have to watch out for shipping costs.

Yes you do...that's why I ordered 2000...4 bottles of 500 each...free
shipping over a certain amount. I'll use them eventually.

[email protected] wrote:
:> I don't drink my fiber supplement, I eat it in the form of pills. In
:> my case, there's nothing added, just a gelatin coating around pure
:> crushed psyllium husk. I never figured what I was swallowing
:> contained
:> any appreciable carbs.

It doesn't.

:>
:> OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
:>> In article <[email protected]>,
:>> "Ajeet Gautam" <[email protected]> wrote:
:>>
:>> <snipped spam>
:>>
:>> Yeah. It's called "Metamucil" here in america.....
:>>
:>> Or one can easily and cheaply purchase Psyllium husk in bulk at any
:>> good health food store.
:>>
:>> Unfortunately, it's not low carb.
:>>
:>> Cheers!
:>> --
:>> Om.
:>>

In article <2005092820574216807%flipflops@dojocom>,
Sammy! <[email protected]> wrote:

> On 2005-09-28 10:11:44 -0400, "Roger Zoul" <[email protected]> said:
> >

> > I don't know about this....anything at my local health food store seems
> > to cost a fortune. The place is more like a yuppie store, with a
> > health slant...
> >
> > I get much better prices online....If I buy enough, I even get free
> > shipping (just ordered 2000 capsules yesterday). Can't reallly be any
> > easier or cheaper...IMO.

> How well do the capsules work compared to the powder? They seem a lot
> more convenient.

Part of the laxative action is the amount of water the fiber absorbs.
Drink it with plenty of water and it should work just as well IMHO.
--

<lol>
Good job....... ;-)
--
Om.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-*****." -Jack Nicholson

Yup the fact is although the capsules are easy to intake compared to the
powder but the powder seems to work better as it is in more natural
form.
60% of the psyllium husk produced in india is exported to USA.

--
Sent via Health Newsgroups
http://www.healthnewsgroups.com