montague folders

Bob

Guest
any comments on the montague line of folders? looking particularly at the cx as a relacement for
giant hybrid. thanks for any info. bob

For some time I've been collecting information on user experiences taking bikes on planes, trains,
buses, boats, etc. There's lots of stuff on rentals, FOLDING bikes, boxing, airlines, and railroads
around the world and how to ride in/out of about 120 airports.

See it at http://www.BikeAccess.net

Bob wrote:
> any comments on the montague line of folders? looking particularly at the cx as a relacement for
> giant hybrid. thanks for any info. bob

"Bob " <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> any comments on the montague line of folders? looking particularly at the cx as a relacement for
> giant hybrid. thanks for any info. bob

I have a montague folding tandem and I have no complaints. Not as nice as a real high-end tandem,
but you get what you pay for -- and it is far better than my Bike Friday Pocket Rocket.

"Bob " <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> any comments on the montague line of folders? looking particularly at the cx as a relacement for
> giant hybrid. thanks for any info. bob

They're not the lightest thing in the world, but they're not the heaviest either, and they're quite
solid. They're popular with boaters. You pay a little more for the folding feature -- similarly
priced "regular" bikes might have better components. If you like the bike and the way it rides, go
for it. I wouldn't mind having one for a "boat bike."

Matt O.