Oops, I did it again

M Series

Guest
For the second Sunday on the trot I did 100 miles. Went to Tadcaster then more or less due North to
Thirsk, home via Ripon, Knaresborourgh and Wetherby. The wife phone me at 9 o'clock, took her an
hour to realise I'd got up and out early !!!

Jeez, thats one heck of a long way. I know those roads well and it must be a lovely run that. I come
back from Middlesbrough that way heading towards Lincoln. A bit undualting as well.

Saddle sores afterwards? Walking like a gunslinger today?

Slim

"M Series" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> For the second Sunday on the trot I did 100 miles. Went to Tadcaster then more or less due North
> to Thirsk, home via Ripon, Knaresborourgh and Wetherby. The wife phone me at 9 o'clock, took her
> an hour to realise I'd got up and out early !!!

Actually I feel pretty darn good today, my legs feel OK. My saddle area is well accustomed to these
long rides, I was out for 8 hours in total, about
6.5 actually moving. I managed to sleep well last night which is not always guaranteed after a long
ride. I have not travelled on those roads before so I had to stop at almost every junction to
check the map. On the way North after Garforth I was on unclassified roads mostly, through the
villages then on the return leg I was on the A61 to Ripon then a B road to Knaresborough and
Wetherby then the A58 back to Leeds.

"TheRealSlimShady" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Jeez, thats one heck of a long way. I know those roads well and it must
be
> a lovely run that. I come back from Middlesbrough that way heading
towards
> Lincoln. A bit undualting as well.
>
> Saddle sores afterwards? Walking like a gunslinger today?
>
> Slim
>

> "M Series" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > For the second Sunday on the trot I did 100 miles. Went to Tadcaster
then
> > more or less due North to Thirsk, home via Ripon, Knaresborourgh and Wetherby. The wife phone me
> > at 9 o'clock, took her an hour to realise
I'd
> > got up and out early !!!

Where are you riding from? The roads out and around Wetherby/Tadcater are my main rides. There's
some good stuff to be found. Generally see very few cars in a ride which is always a good thing. I
always try to avoid the A58 though. Going across from harewood through wike is a much quieter route,
or through east keswick and shadwell from collingham. Hope this might be of some help

tom

"M Series" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Actually I feel pretty darn good today, my legs feel OK. My saddle area is well accustomed to
> these long rides, I was out for 8 hours in total, about
> 6.5 actually moving. I managed to sleep well last night which is not
always
> guaranteed after a long ride. I have not travelled on those roads before
so
> I had to stop at almost every junction to check the map. On the way North after Garforth I was on
> unclassified roads mostly, through the villages
then
> on the return leg I was on the A61 to Ripon then a B road to Knaresborough and Wetherby then the
> A58 back to Leeds.
>

> "TheRealSlimShady" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Jeez, thats one heck of a long way. I know those roads well and it must
> be
> > a lovely run that. I come back from Middlesbrough that way heading
> towards
> > Lincoln. A bit undualting as well.
> >
> > Saddle sores afterwards? Walking like a gunslinger today?
> >
> > Slim
> >

> > "M Series" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > > For the second Sunday on the trot I did 100 miles. Went to Tadcaster
> then
> > > more or less due North to Thirsk, home via Ripon, Knaresborourgh and Wetherby. The wife phone
> > > me at 9 o'clock, took her an hour to realise
> I'd
> > > got up and out early !!!

I live in Morley, I have a circuit that takes me through Garforth, Scholes, Thorner then across the A58 near Bardsey to East Keswick and on the A road to Harewood. I usually then go into Wharfedale as far as Otley then home through Leeds. I often go to York on the back roads south of the A64 through Sherburn, Cawood and Stillingfleet, often home through Tadcaster or Bramham and Thorner.

Usually my stamping ground is west of Leeds into the Pennines towards Rochdale or Oldham but lately to do some longer, less hilly rides and to try out some new roads I have been going east and North.

I know Morley as well. That shithole of a pub called the Albion!!