Running shoes and orthotics

TCook

Guest
I have been wearing "motion control/ Stabilizing" shoes and I am wondering
if they are necessary if I am wearing a custom orthotic? Would this possibly
"over-compensate"?

Any insight is appreciated.
Thanks, Todd

TCook wrote:
> I have been wearing "motion control/ Stabilizing" shoes and I am wondering
> if they are necessary if I am wearing a custom orthotic? Would this possibly
> "over-compensate"?
>
> Any insight is appreciated.
> Thanks, Todd

I was sold a neutral shoe (Brooks Dyad) with the explanation that a
neutral shoe would let my orthotics do the work of aligning my foot
properly. Watch out also for shoes that have too much cushioning, as
the orthotic can sink into the cushioning and not give as much support
as you need.

Pam

On Sat, 08 Oct 2005 03:41:30 GMT, "TCook" <[email protected]> wrote:

>I have been wearing "motion control/ Stabilizing" shoes and I am wondering
>if they are necessary if I am wearing a custom orthotic? Would this possibly
>"over-compensate"?
>
>Any insight is appreciated.
>Thanks, Todd

Generally with orthos you need a rather firm shoe, otherwise they
don't give you the full benefit.

orthotics should only be worn in a neutral shoe

"TCook" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>I have been wearing "motion control/ Stabilizing" shoes and I am wondering
>if they are necessary if I am wearing a custom orthotic? Would this
>possibly "over-compensate"?
>
> Any insight is appreciated.
> Thanks, Todd

On Sat, 8 Oct 2005 14:57:30 +0000 (UTC), "ash"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>orthotics should only be worn in a neutral shoe
>
>"TCook" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>I have been wearing "motion control/ Stabilizing" shoes and I am wondering
>>if they are necessary if I am wearing a custom orthotic? Would this
>>possibly "over-compensate"?
>>
>> Any insight is appreciated.
>> Thanks, Todd

He's probably right. I have no experience using a "crutch" to run.

Motion control shoes are indeed neccessary.......for the shoe stores to
make extra profits off of knuckle draggers such as yourself.