DEFECT ! review !

Darren

Guest
Even if you were at the Bedford Experience in Ohio for the DEFECT DVD
release party in July...

YOU GOTTA GET THIS NEW SYKO PRODUCTIONS DVD !!! IT ROCKS !!!

So much more than was shown at the pre-view at NAUCC.

By far the best extreme unicycling DVD to date, hands down !
It will have you on the edge of your seat the whole time.

DEFECT has the most amazing, gut wrenching, nut busting unicycling you
have ever seen.

Things to watch for:

Jeff Groves hopping, dropping, spinning and grinding rails on a BC
wheel !
He rides a Bedford Trials and Pro-Street BC wheel with ease.
Ryan Atkin's, Zack Baldwin, Jess Reigal and others show you some of the
best BC wheeling to date on film.

Ryan's Atkin's section including the Bedford Staff car and contents.

Kevin's crashes and deterination are a highlight.

Mike Clark's un-real rail grind and flying Dukes of Hazard move !

Special notes:

Many thanks to Carl and Sara for their 140+ hours they put in to make
this DVD outstanding !

To Dan Heaton... You're the best !!! Way to go on making a Masterpiece
!!!
A standing ovation to you !

Cheers,
Darren

P.S. If you haven't already ordered your copy, do it NOW !
You will be glad you did ! ...or I will refund your money !

416-729-9696 - Shipping right now ! Call to have your copy shipped
today !

--
Darren
Darren's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3989

Holla,

I haven't seen this video yet, but can guarantee that Dan will deliver
nut-busting unicycling action time after time. Just listen to Darren,
this film will blow your minds.

This will also be an improvement over UNiVERsE 2, since that
wallrangler, or whatever, guy isn't in it. Although the blooper reel
may be quite shorter.

Haha

--
Dylan Wallinger
Dylan Wallinger's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3797

Thanks Darren, I appreciate the comments on my falling. And I'll have
everyone know that almost all of those tricks that I fell on, I landed
later on. There were a couple that I didnt, and you'll see those ones
too. I'd say also watch for Shaun's amazing ability to do tech tricks.
Like wow. And I agree, Defect is absolutely AMAZING. Really, its
worth buying, I promise. Some of the most amazing tricks I've ever
even thought about are in it. Great job Dan, we all love you bud.

Kevin

--
tugboat

"You won't get hurt if you land it!"
tugboat's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3298

tugboat wrote:
> Great job Dan, we all love you bud.

I don't love him. ah, well, there was this one time when I licked his
neck. I take it back, I do love burp-boy.

Defect has much more style than Universe 2. More creative, new ideas,
craziest riding of course-- it's amazing. You'll love it.

-Jess

--
Jester2000

'unicyclejester.com' (http://www.unicyclejester.com) | 'busteduni.com'
(http://www.busteduni.com) | 'primitivepictures.net'
(http://www.primitivepictures.net) | 'teamprimitive.com'
(http://www.teamprimitive.com)
The next installment coming *SOON* to a browser near you. It's going
to be BIG!
My Photos! 'Trip to WA'
(http://www.unicyclejester.com/gallery/wa_trip/) | 'Santa Barbara'
(http://www.unicyclejester.com/gallery/s_barb_july_05/) | 'Dan Heaton'
(http://www.unicyclejester.com/gallery/dan_heaton_visits)
Jester2000's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3662

all i want to know is if there is an easter egg?

a yes or no is enough.

dont spoil it by saying where it is..... its for the user to find it!
(just like U2)

--
jagur

The liver is evil and must be punished...
-forget_your_life-
--------------------------------------
-------*muni militia *-------
*one wheeled death squad*

tugboat wrote:
> Thanks Darren, I appreciate the comments on my falling. And I'll have
> everyone know that almost all of those tricks that I fell on, I landed
> later on. There were a couple that I didnt, and you'll see those ones
> too. I'd say also watch for Shaun's amazing ability to do tech tricks.
> Like wow. And I agree, Defect is absolutely AMAZING. Really, its
> worth buying, I promise. Some of the most amazing tricks I've ever
> even thought about are in it. Great job Dan, we all love you bud.
>
> Kevin

and in Spaced Out there wasn't one shot of you falling in the crashes
section... :p

and Dylan I think we'll all miss you :p - especially in the bloopers!

--
munimanpete

WWW.MUNIMAN.2YA.COM

*www.unicycle.2ya.com*
munimanpete's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6311

unibrow wrote:
> my favorite part is probably zacks, its filmed so well and everything
> works really well in it. The rest of the movie is mind boggling,
> BOGGLING

Zack B's section is amazing. His trials riding sets a new standard for
smooth fast flowing lines with MINIMAL correcive hops. he is so fast
that a couple shots had to be slowed down to better show how fluid he
is. Don't worry, you get to see those shots in real time in the bonus
section.

It's hard for me to pick a favorite. Each section (even the credits!),
each rider, has his/her own way of keeping you glued to the screen.

--
onetrack

"People over here have a dangerous habit of adding quotes to signature
lines."
-Klaas Bil
onetrack's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6374

This is what showed up in my kitchen yesterday ...

|Filename: Boxes.jpg |

muni_guy

http://www.mountainunicycling.com/~choyer
muni_guy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/77

MrBoogiejuice wrote:
> Does anyone know when it'll be available in the UK?

It is available for pre-order NOW at Unicycle.uk.com (thanks Roger,
you're a star :p), for shipping on the 20th of October.

Loose.

--
Loosemoose

Dave: "I had a particularly bad UPD & found I'd lost a shoe"
Officially a  & ~ expert.

_no1_quote_of_crawley_2005:_
Leigh: "Where's Trevor"
Baz: "I think he's upstairs, balancing The Bishop"
Loosemoose's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6326

Loosemoose wrote:
> It is available for pre-order NOW at Unicycle.uk.com (thanks Roger,
> you're a star :p), for shipping on the 20th of October.
>
> Loose.

I've just ordered my copy, hopefully it'll be here in a couple of
weeks.

Hooked

--
totally_hooked
totally_hooked's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10069

I got up today and had to put it on again ! 3rd time in 12 hours !

I cranked the volume. When you hit play, the intro music is so powerful
and edited perfectly.

Dylan - There is no shortage of crashes in this one either. Not just at
the end of the film, all through it !

Justin - Your flying crank is so cool to watch !

Jagur - Your DVD is on it's way. You will be able to look for your egg,
whatever that means, next week. Thanks again for the order.

Mike - I agree, every rider is a pleasure to watch. The talent is
un-real !

Kevin - The crashes are just as exciting as the big moves you land.
Keep it up, but miss every once in a while too !

Again... order the DVD if you haven't already !!!

Darren

--
Darren
Darren's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3989

all ive seen is universe...not u2 people...universe, so i bet ill be
really surprised at how much its progressed when iget around ot buying
this dvd. people keep praising it so it must be good.

--
chosen

And I'll take your hand and pick you up
And keep you there to so you can see
chosen's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9281

Yesterday one of my regular customers came in to the shop to get his 29"
repaired because he broke a spoke and wanted a new tire.

As I was fixing his unicycle, I told him about the new DVD DEFECT.
He said he didn't really want a unicycling DVD. When other DVD's came
out, like Spaced out and Universe 2, he didn't get those either.

This guy uses his unicycle everyday, rain-snow-sun, to get around
Toronto.
Nothing keeps him from riding daily.

I told him this is a must have item. He ended up getting a copy before
he left.

Today he called and said that he was totally impressed with the DVD !
He mentioned that the kid on the rocks (Zack), the Japanese girl and
the guy who was grinding the rail (Mike) were amazing.

He said he was extremely happy he bought DEFECT.

Maybe on his next visit he will pick up another DVD.

Just thought I would share a comment that would not otherwise make this
forum.

Darren

--

Dylan Wallinger wrote:
> I haven't seen this video yet, but can guarantee that Dan will deliver
> nut-busting unicycling action time after time.

Or tripod-busting. :)

Your parts in Universe 2 are some of the best. Can't wait to see the
full film, as I saw the preview at NAUCC. My favorite part was the
caveman cartoon, and how it transferred to today's modern caveman
afterward.

--
johnfoss

John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone