Sydney Harbour Bridge - War on Terrorism Update

Andy Simpson

Guest
Lunch-time today: I saw one of those fluoro-garbed security guards who patrol the bike lane (on
foot) stop a pedestrian (a runner) and send him back the way he had come.

observation, one morning, late last year, witches hats were placed along the parking spaces on Flagstaff Station on the corners of La Trobe St & William St , opposite the Law Courts. In the afternoon they were lining the opposite side of the street. Had much fun practicing steering throught them at speed.

ah, paranoia the destroyer.......

On the western side?? if so, it's for cyclists only and vested patrol people. On the eastern side
for gapers and gaspers. Jock "Andy Simpson" <[email protected]> wrote
in message news:[email protected]...
> Lunch-time today: I saw one of those fluoro-garbed security guards who patrol the bike lane (on
> foot) stop a pedestrian (a runner) and send him back the way he had come.

Andy Simpson <[email protected]> wrote:
> Lunch-time today: I saw one of those fluoro-garbed security guards who patrol the bike lane (on
> foot) stop a pedestrian (a runner) and send him back the way he had come.

Woohoo!! About bloody time!

Scott

Andy Simpson wrote:

> Lunch-time today: I saw one of those fluoro-garbed security guards who patrol the bike lane (on
> foot) stop a pedestrian (a runner) and send him back the way he had come.

Give the man a medal. I once collided with a group of about 6 tourists as I was coming off at
Observatory Hill one night. The had come up the steps, and climbed over the railing with the "NO
PEDESTRIANS / NO ENTRY" signs on it.

"Scott Howard" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:1062068621.522594@docbert...
> Andy Simpson <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Lunch-time today: I saw one of those fluoro-garbed security guards who patrol the bike lane (on
> > foot) stop a pedestrian (a runner) and send him back the way he had come.
>
> Woohoo!! About bloody time!
>
> Scott

:) My thoughts exactly - it will be interesting to see if enforcing the law
is now policy or whether it was just one bloody-minded security guard.

The security guards are either 1 or 2 in number - from 3 at the height of paranoia. I use the number of guards on the bridge as my personal gauge of hostilities.

The cycleway on the bridge now has new signs and path markings to stop pedestrians - there are 3 sets each end. I used to see pedestrians at least once a day (usually afternoon) now with the new signage no one - people will do the right (and safe thing) if it's made very very obvious.