wiggle.co.uk - any good?

Mo Saycool

Guest
Prices seem very reasonable and they have a vast stock available online.
Anybody got any views before I take the plunge?

"Mo Saycool" <steveATdarcyryanDOTfreeserveDOTcoDOTuk> wrote in message
news:eek:[email protected]...
> Prices seem very reasonable and they have a vast stock available online.
> Anybody got any views before I take the plunge?

Hello,
I think Wiggle are excellent. Sometimes they have online surveys
where you can get £5 off. Take advantage of this when they appear, assuming
the price is right for the goods you are after. The delivery is quick too.
If you are not especially in a hurry, select the free post option. It is
usually pretty quick anyway.

Cheers

Peter.

Mo Saycool wrote:
> Prices seem very reasonable and they have a vast stock available online.
> Anybody got any views before I take the plunge?

I've always found them quick and efficient, but they're not necessarily
the cheapest. Check your items against others like Evans Cycles or
Bonthrone Bikes before committing.

--
Brian G

Response to Brian G:
> > Prices seem very reasonable and they have a vast stock available online.
> > Anybody got any views before I take the plunge?
> >

> I've always found them quick and efficient, but they're not necessarily
> the cheapest. Check your items against others like Evans Cycles or
> Bonthrone Bikes before committing.

http://www.bikepimp.co.uk/

is (sometimes) a useful site.

--
Mark, UK

"Those who are at war with others are not at peace with themselves."

Mo Saycool wrote:

> Prices seem very reasonable and they have a vast stock available online.
> Anybody got any views before I take the plunge?

They've been quick to respond to e-mails with questions. I've used them
and would not hesitate to recommend them. Not always the cheapest, but
usually competetive.

On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 14:16:06 +0100, Mo Saycool <> wrote:

> Prices seem very reasonable and they have a vast stock available online.
> Anybody got any views before I take the plunge?

I'll agree with everyone else - not always cheapest, but reasonable
pricing, good range.

More significantly, when they once (slightly) ballsed up an order of
mine (supplied long variant of a particular model of D-lock, I wanted
short variant), they righted it in extra-quick time, with not a single
quibble, and no cost to me.

No question recommending them.

regards, Ian SMith
--
|\ /| no .sig
|o o|

Mo Saycool wrote:
> Prices seem very reasonable and they have a vast stock available
> online. Anybody got any views before I take the plunge?

Very good service, but some of the items are quite a lot cheaper
elsewhere. Before ordering, check Chain Reaction, CycleXpress, Settle
Cycles, Parker International and DotBike.

~PB

On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 14:16:06 +0100, "Mo Saycool"
<steveATdarcyryanDOTfreeserveDOTcoDOTuk> wrote:

>Prices seem very reasonable and they have a vast stock available online.
>Anybody got any views before I take the plunge?

Very reliable and very quick to deliver.

I've had one complaint with them when they delivered the wrong size
sweater. They corrected the mistake the next day, picking up the
wrong item at the same time as delivering the correct item.

On another occasion they were out-of-stock of an item, as were their
shippers. They kept me fully informed of their expected delivery
date.

If the quality of an on-line retail company is judged by speed of
delivery and how effectively they rectify their errors, Wiggle are
first rate.

On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 15:57:42 +0100, "Pete Biggs"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Mo Saycool wrote:
>> Prices seem very reasonable and they have a vast stock available
>> online. Anybody got any views before I take the plunge?

>Very good service, but some of the items are quite a lot cheaper
>elsewhere. Before ordering, check Chain Reaction, CycleXpress, Settle
>Cycles, Parker International and DotBike.
>
>~PB

With a view to getting shimano rear road hub [up to 105] and giving a
few quid to somebody local, I phoned 11 cycle shops within a 20 mile
radius yersterday. Nothing. So, I returned to the internet once
again:-(. 20 quid for a Tiagra from Settle. Guess I could have ordered
it from one of the shops in question [most of these shops sold plenty
of decent road bikes], but quite honestly I didn't consider a basic 9
sp rear hub as that specilized an item. Still, no complaints, be
thankful for the internet.

Garry

I'd second what everyone else has said. They are normally very fast and
efficient, and if you email with a query they usually respond within an hour
or so.

They only thing I would say is take care if the item is not shown as 24 hour
availability. This normally means they do not have the item ready to send. I
have had problems where they have not been able to get an item in at all
even though it was marked as 2-3 days availability. Several times I chased
them but they just said they were awaiting delivery from the supplier.
Finally after several months I asked them to give me a definitive answer as
to whether they would be able to supply the item or not and they then said
the item was no longer available. Admittedly, they did remove the item from
their site after that, but I think only because I had chased them and they
had finally checked it out properly with the supplier. If anything is shown
as longer than 24 hour delivery and I want to be sure they can actually get
the item, I tend to email them now to check availability before I order.
This seems to work better.

Also if you use the free delivery option, beware that this may mean there
will be a delay in getting any of the order if one of the items are not in
stock. As I recollect they wait a week before sending anything out and if
the outstanding item has not arrived by then they will then send you the
rest. This should not be a problem of course if all items are marked as 24
hours dispatch.

Above points aside, I would thoroughly recommended them. I use them all the
time as first port of call now.

Jerry

"Mo Saycool" <steveATdarcyryanDOTfreeserveDOTcoDOTuk> wrote in message
news:eek:[email protected]...
> Prices seem very reasonable and they have a vast stock available online.
> Anybody got any views before I take the plunge?

Mo Saycool <steveATdarcyryanDOTfreeserveDOTcoDOTuk> wrote:

> Prices seem very reasonable and they have a vast stock available
> online. Anybody got any views before I take the plunge?

Fairly good prices, very good service and if you spend more than £100 with
them in 12 months, they will give you a 5% discount.

If you decide to shop with Wiggle, please get there via the wiggle button
on http://www.rsf.org.uk/ or set your bookmark to
www.wiggle.co.uk/default.asp?ReferID=rsf, that way a cycling club called
"The Rough Stuff Fellowship" can make a couple of pence for refering you.

I don't actually know anyone who belongs to this club, nor am I a member
myself but it seemed a good way to do someone a favour without it costing me
anything.

Tom

"Goos V" <haysden@%no_sp*m%hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I'd second what everyone else has said. [snip]

Thanks to all for your swift and informative responses. Order submitted.

>On another occasion they were out-of-stock of an item, as were their
>shippers. They kept me fully informed of their expected delivery
>date.

I've never been so lucky. I've twice had orders 'mixed up' when they
sent me totally the wrong items. They made me follow their returns
procedure, and wait for the return to be processed before they would send me the
correct item. This basically added a week, in one instance, on a tool I
needed, so I was pretty miffed. I did state my case, but they weren't
interested.
In my experience, Wiggle are usually fine and good, but when things go
wrong (your fault or theirs), they rarely go the extra mile that I
associate with good customer service. They've currently had a pump of mine
which broke after 2 weeks, for 3 weeks, while deciding whether to replace
it or not. This delay most likely results from the distributer, but there
was not an iota of communication (no e-mail to say they had received
it, and the info in their account was ambiguous) about it.
I use wiggle, but I much prefer Chain Reaction and Settle. I'm yet to
experience any problems with either of these, Chain Reaction in particular
are incredibly fast - I've never had a parcel not arrive next day,
which is a better record than Wiggle in my experience.

"Tom" <[email protected]> of BT Openworld wrote:

>Mo Saycool <steveATdarcyryanDOTfreeserveDOTcoDOTuk> wrote:
>
>> Prices seem very reasonable and they have a vast stock available
>> online. Anybody got any views before I take the plunge?

>Fairly good prices, very good service and if you spend more than £100 with
>them in 12 months, they will give you a 5% discount.
>
> If you decide to shop with Wiggle, please get there via the wiggle button
>on http://www.rsf.org.uk/ or set your bookmark to
>www.wiggle.co.uk/default.asp?ReferID=rsf, that way a cycling club called
>"The Rough Stuff Fellowship" can make a couple of pence for refering you.
>
> I don't actually know anyone who belongs to this club, nor am I a member
>myself but it seemed a good way to do someone a favour without it costing me
>anything.

I was a member for a couple of years in the early 90's, does that count?
--
Judge: A law student who marks his own papers.
Henry Louis Mencken

"Mo Saycool" <steveATdarcyryanDOTfreeserveDOTcoDOTuk> wrote in message
news:eek:[email protected]...
> Prices seem very reasonable and they have a vast stock available online.
> Anybody got any views before I take the plunge?

*Excellent*

Good prices
Good range of stuff
Quick, reliable delivery
Any problems (rare) dealt with quickly.

I use Wiggle a lot.

Cheers, helen s

Steph Peters <[email protected]> wrote:
> "Tom" <[email protected]> of BT Openworld wrote:
>>
>> I don't actually know anyone who belongs to this club, nor am I a
>>member myself but it seemed a good way to do someone a favour without
>>it costing me anything.

> I was a member for a couple of years in the early 90's, does that
> count?

It does now, Hello :)

Tom

Mark McNeill wrote:

> http://www.bikepimp.co.uk/
>
> is (sometimes) a useful site.

Especially if you want a pink fur saddle, chrome tyres and a feather
sticking out of your halmet? ;-)

Mark McNeill wrote:
>>http://www.bikepimp.co.uk/
>>is (sometimes) a useful site.

and Zog The Undeniable responded:
> Especially if you want a pink fur saddle, chrome tyres and a feather
> sticking out of your halmet? ;-)

I have a friend who would like that:
<URL:http://www.topperispink.co.uk/>
<URL:http://www.topperispink.i12.com/photo05.html>

--
Danny Colyer (my reply address is valid but checked infrequently)
<URL:http://www.colyer.plus.com/danny/>