or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Wenting!!! - Page 6

post #76 of 111

Re: Wenting!!!

TimC wrote:

> On Fri, 27 May 2005 at 05:46 GMT, Resound (aka Bruce)
> >
> > "TimC" <tconnors@no.spam.accepted.here-astro.swin.edu.au> wrote in message
> >> --
> >> TimC -- http://astronomy.swin.edu.au/staff/tconnors/
> >> Never trust a man who can count to 1,023 on his fingers.

> > Ooh, owies. And I CAN count to 1023 on my fingers. 1024 if I start at one
> > instead of zero. Be wary...

> If you start from 1, then you are not a real geek, and we don't need
> to be so wary
>
> It was people like you who came up with our darsted calendar system.

I didn't understand that number, it had digits other that '1' and '0'

Tam
post #77 of 111

Re: Wenting!!!

On 2005-05-27, TimC <tconnors@no.spam.accepted.here-astro.swin.edu.au> wrote:
> On Fri, 27 May 2005 at 05:16 GMT, Resound (aka Bruce)
>> Mutual friend of a friend of a friend chance meeting. I have yet to work
>> out a social filter that tells me where intelligent women tend to hang out.
>> If you know of one, I've got a friend in his early 20s (medium level geek,
>> beginner cyclist) who could use some pointers. I've got no idea what to tell
>> him.

> Heh. And pass it this way please. Earlish 20s (getting older, joints
> failing already), high level geek, medium level cyclist

<AOL>

Medium level geek, low level nerd, medium level cyclist (once I get back
on the bike ... got the second battery charger for my lights yesterday,
so I don't have to lug one between home and work. Monday for sure.)

And what do you mean, "failING"? Mine -- at least my knees -- are well
and truly gone...) Oh, and late 20s (for all of around three and a bit
more months ... *sob*)

post #78 of 111

Re: Wenting!!!

On 2005-05-27, TimC <tconnors@no.spam.accepted.here-astro.swin.edu.au> wrote:
> On Fri, 27 May 2005 at 05:04 GMT, Resound (aka Bruce)
>> I spent over 18 months single before I ran into her though

> Poor baby!
>
> 4 years. No, I am NOT BITTER.

Try 26 when I first seriously dated somebody. :P Close enough to 27 --
we started going out a week or so before my birthday.

This break's been around two and a half years now. I only care some of
the time, though, and I'm trying to keep busy enough that that's a
minimal amount.

post #79 of 111

Re: Wenting!!!

Stuart Lamble wrote:

> On 2005-05-27, TimC <tconnors@no.spam.accepted.here-astro.swin.edu.au> wrote:
> > On Fri, 27 May 2005 at 05:04 GMT, Resound (aka Bruce)
> > was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea:
> >> I spent over 18 months single before I ran into her though

> > Poor baby!
> >
> > 4 years. No, I am NOT BITTER.

> Try 26 when I first seriously dated somebody. :P Close enough to 27 --
> we started going out a week or so before my birthday.
>
> This break's been around two and a half years now. I only care some of
> the time, though, and I'm trying to keep busy enough that that's a
> minimal amount.

I was joking about this turning into aus.geek.dating

I guess others weren't joking.

:P
post #80 of 111

Re: Wenting!!!

TimC wrote:

> On Fri, 27 May 2005 at 06:08 GMT, Tamyka Bell (aka Bruce)
> > TimC wrote:
> >>
> >> On Fri, 27 May 2005 at 05:46 GMT, Resound (aka Bruce)
> >> was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea:

> > I didn't understand that number, it had digits other that '1' and '0'

> Oh, so you want one of those bad jokes, do you?
>
> There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand
> binary, and those who don't.

*giggle*

I like that joke. It never gets old.
post #81 of 111

Re: Wenting!!!

On 2005-05-27, TimC <tconnors@no.spam.accepted.here-astro.swin.edu.au> wrote:
> On Fri, 27 May 2005 at 06:27 GMT, Tamyka Bell (aka Bruce)
>> Stuart Lamble wrote:
>>> Try 26 when I first seriously dated somebody. :P Close enough to 27 --
>>> we started going out a week or so before my birthday.

> 26 years since you dated someone? I don't know whether to be in awe
> that you started so early, or to give you sympathy for it being so
> long! Sorry...

Well, you could argue that I had a 26+ year drought
f you really wanted to.

[...]
>> I was joking about this turning into aus.geek.dating

> I was thinking more aus.geek.whinging-about-lack-of-life, personally

I'll go along with that. ;-)

post #82 of 111

Re: Wenting!!!

Stuart Lamble wrote:

> On 2005-05-27, TimC <tconnors@no.spam.accepted.here-astro.swin.edu.au> wrote:
> > On Fri, 27 May 2005 at 06:27 GMT, Tamyka Bell (aka Bruce)
> > was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea:

> > 26 years since you dated someone? I don't know whether to be in awe
> > that you started so early, or to give you sympathy for it being so
> > long! Sorry...

> Well, you could argue that I had a 26+ year drought
> f you really wanted to.
>
> [...]
> >> I was joking about this turning into aus.geek.dating

> > I was thinking more aus.geek.whinging-about-lack-of-life, personally
> >

> I'll go along with that. ;-)

That's why we're still at our desks at 5:37 pm.

Tam
post #83 of 111

Re: Wenting!!!

TimC wrote:

> On Fri, 27 May 2005 at 07:33 GMT, Tamyka Bell (aka Bruce)
> > Stuart Lamble wrote:

> >> I'll go along with that. ;-)

> > That's why we're still at our desks at 5:37 pm.

> On a Friday, no less. I should be getting blotto.

How's that paper going?

Tam
post #84 of 111

Re: Wenting!!!

On 2005-05-27, TimC <tconnors@no.spam.accepted.here-astro.swin.edu.au> wrote:
> On Fri, 27 May 2005 at 07:33 GMT, Tamyka Bell (aka Bruce)
>> Stuart Lamble wrote:

>>> I'll go along with that. ;-)

>> That's why we're still at our desks at 5:37 pm.

> On a Friday, no less. I should be getting blotto.

I have an excuse! I'm killing time until Things Happen at 7:30. Not
enough time in between knocking off at 5 for me to do much of anything,
really.

Probably should go get some food.

post #85 of 111

Re: Wenting!!!

TimC wrote:

> On Fri, 27 May 2005 at 07:39 GMT, Tamyka Bell (aka Bruce)
> > TimC wrote:
> >>
> >> On Fri, 27 May 2005 at 07:33 GMT, Tamyka Bell (aka Bruce)
> >> was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea:
> >>
> >> On a Friday, no less. I should be getting blotto.

> > How's that paper going?

> Why do you think I am religiously checking for new posts on a.b?

Do you get that thing where you check and feel excited and then realise
that the "new post" is actually the one you just wrote?

> Would you beleive I volunteered to go to a conf in Cambridge? But I
> have to register and write an abstract by Monday? And I have to write
> a little 4 page paper by 3 weeks from now? And I have no fecking
> idea? I just *love* just jumping in the pot of boiling water.

At least you've got it in the right order. I mean, if you write the
abstract now, you should be able to do a related paper. I keep getting
sent to conferences with abstracts due 6 months in advance, so I have to
write a really vague abstract and just hope that I get some results by
the time the conference comes around. Of course, being a geek/nerd in a
sports-based field means that no one understands wtf my abstract means
anyway, so they wouldn't know if I presented something totally
different.
post #86 of 111

Re: Wenting!!!

Stuart Lamble wrote:

> On 2005-05-27, TimC <tconnors@no.spam.accepted.here-astro.swin.edu.au> wrote:
> > On Fri, 27 May 2005 at 07:33 GMT, Tamyka Bell (aka Bruce)
> > was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea:

> >> That's why we're still at our desks at 5:37 pm.

> > On a Friday, no less. I should be getting blotto.

> I have an excuse! I'm killing time until Things Happen at 7:30. Not
> enough time in between knocking off at 5 for me to do much of anything,
> really.
>
> Probably should go get some food.

Don't leave me here! Tell me about the Things that will Happen. *sick of
MATLAB*
post #87 of 111

Re: Wenting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimC
jumping in the pot of boiling water.
You said it. Can you ride it? What could it mean in the context of your field.
post #88 of 111

Re: Wenting!!!

In article <42971dc6$1_1@news.melbourne.pipenetworks.com>, dave
<dave@jeack.notmorespam.com.au> wrote:

> aeek wrote:
> > Graeme Wrote:
> >
> >>"Theo Bekkers" <tbekkers@bekkers.com.au> wrote in news:42956ef6$1
> >>@news.bekkers.com.au:

> >>Oops... He was about as Scottish as Scottie though, possibly more so

> > Scotties traditionaly have shortish black hair, that would make McCoy
> > the Scottie.
> >

> What do u think Sara? Is kirk a scottish name

It's Austrian, apparently. Although I'd have thought it could be
Danish, kirk = church in Danish, which is probably where the Scots got
it from. A lot of English came from the Danes, it was weird going to
Copenhagen seeing such similar place names.

--
Sara

iChat: sarakirk (AIM)
So, what are you going to do? Sucker me to death?
post #89 of 111

Re: Wenting!!!

Sara Kirk said:

>It's Austrian, apparently. Although I'd have thought it could be
>Danish, kirk = church in Danish, which is probably where the Scots got
>it from. A lot of English came from the Danes, it was weird going to
>Copenhagen seeing such similar place names.

Chuch in Danish is actually 'Kirke'... anyway, Austrians are better looking.
post #90 of 111

Re: Wenting!!!

In article <LotteBum.1ptdhd@no-mx.forums.cyclingforums.com>, LotteBum
<LotteBum.1ptdhd@no-mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:

Sara Kirk said:

>It's Austrian, apparently. Although I'd have thought it
> could be
>Danish, kirk = church in Danish, which is probably where the Scots
> got
>it from. A lot of English came from the Danes, it was weird going
>Copenhagen seeing such similar place names.

Chuch in Danish is actually
> 'Kirke'... anyway, Austrians are better

looking.

--
LotteBum

My mistake! I was sure I'd seen it written without the 'e' but will
bow to superior knowledge.

As to who are better looking, I haven't been to Austria since I was
about 12 (a school skiing trip) and I don't remember the totty, but a
bunch of firemen wandered past the place we were working in Copenhagen
and I had to actually stop what I was doing and stare in awe
Cheered me up for the rest of that day it did.

--
Sara

iChat: sarakirk (AIM)
So, what are you going to do? Sucker me to death?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Australia and New Zealand