need toe clips for these petals.

Petals? you are going to put toe clips on a flower. Hope you ride better than you spell.

Steve Knight <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3622285245 they look like they could take clips
> they have front holes and it looks like a strap will go through them. but the MB toe clips I tried
> won't fit on them

The front holes aren't visible in the photos, so it's difficult to judge. Also, I see no side holes
for normal routing of the straps. My guess is that the pedals aren't meant for toe clips.

But I'm just guessing. It looks like the seller specializes in pedals. What did he say about
installing toe clips? Seems like he should know.

If you get no help there, you may be able to modify ordinary steel toe clips to fit. They'd have to
be bent to fit the slant of that front surface. And I suppose you could drill the sides of the
pedals, if necessary, to pass the strap through.

But it may be easier to buy pedals that readily accept clips and straps, if that's what you
really want.

(BTW, don't let the WebTV users get you down.)

- Frank Krygowski

>The front holes aren't visible in the photos, so it's difficult to judge. Also, I see no side holes
>for normal routing of the straps. My guess is that the pedals aren't meant for toe clips.

they have the front holes. the strap can go through the D in the dx on both sides. but the bike shop
called shimano and they don't have a clip that will fit
it.

>If you get no help there, you may be able to modify ordinary steel toe clips to fit. They'd have to
>be bent to fit the slant of that front surface. And I suppose you could drill the sides of the
>pedals, if necessary, to pass the strap through.

the problem with the plastic clips is they hit the underside of the protruding top of the pedal. so
metal may fit. I need to find some locally and check.

>But it may be easier to buy pedals that readily accept clips and straps, if that's what you
>really want.

I bought these as my feet were slipping off the pedals and hanging off. but a lot of that are these
shoes. I really need to get a new pair. these pedals are great for around town with the broad
surface and great grip.

>(BTW, don't let the WebTV users get you down.)

not after 15 years on the net (G)

--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes Custom made wooden planes at reasonable prices See
http://www.knight-toolworks.com For prices and ordering instructions.