clear-coats and resin

Neacalban1

Guest
I just got stupid and parked my bike where it fell over and slid down the bike stand, scraping the
clearcoat on the frame and taking a divot out of the coating on the record ten carbon lever. the
bianchi decal under the clearcoat is divoted,although the celeste paint underneath seems intact. any
suggestions? TIA

"Neacalban1" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I just got stupid and parked my bike where it fell over and slid down the
bike
> stand, scraping the clearcoat on the frame and taking a divot out of the coating on the record ten
> carbon lever. the bianchi decal under the
clearcoat
> is divoted,although the celeste paint underneath seems intact. any
suggestions?

Suicide Prevention Hotline?

:)

Bill "that's why I bought my bike pre-dinged (and saved $250)" S.

"Neacalban1" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I just got stupid and parked my bike where it fell over and slid down the
bike
> stand, scraping the clearcoat on the frame and taking a divot out of the coating on the record ten
> carbon lever. the bianchi decal under the
clearcoat
> is divoted,although the celeste paint underneath seems intact. any
suggestions?

Go race it.

Regards,

Suzy

> Suicide Prevention Hotline?
>
> :)
>
> Bill "that's why I bought my bike pre-dinged (and saved $250)" S.

Giggle...but that's not nice. Just get some clear nail polish or some clear coat in a spray can
(after spraying it onto some cardboard) and just fill in the scratch. This will prevent it from
rusting or corroding. You didn't think it would remain scratch-free forever, did you?? Most brake
levers lose their coating after a while just from wear and tear from your hands if you ride
frequently. C'est la vie..a bike is a hammer, not a picture.

Cheers,

Scott..

Thanks Y'all! :) no it wasn't enuf to warrant committing sepukku(of course then I'd designate one
of you as my second, and you'd have to cut off my head, and clean up the mess(but I guess you'd get
to have my bike.) just wasnt sure about what if anything to do about the coating on the carbon
lever. and sometimes it seems like nail polish dissolves the paint a bit before it all hardens. I'll
look for the clear-coat. Thanks again. I know one can always count on helpful advice from EVERY one
here :) N

"Neacalban1" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I just got stupid and parked my bike where it fell over and slid down the
bike
> stand, scraping the clearcoat on the frame and taking a divot out of the coating on the record ten
> carbon lever. the bianchi decal under the
clearcoat
> is divoted,although the celeste paint underneath seems intact. any
suggestions?
> TIA

You kind of were eyeing a new bike anyway, weren't you????????