Waterproof Trousers

Snøøp¥

Guest
Hi All,

Been trawling internet for some decent hillwalking goretex waterproof
trousers in my size, I am a 6ft 6" with a 34" inside leg and cannot
find any.
Anyone have a link or any ideas as to where I might get a pair.

Any help, much appreciated.

--

Thanks,

Snøøp¥ (Gid Auld Fife)

Cut ¬THE CR@P¬ To Reply

www.heliocentric-lan.co.uk

snoopy2004¬THE@CR said...
> Hi All,
>
> Been trawling internet for some decent hillwalking goretex waterproof
> trousers in my size, I am a 6ft 6" with a 34" inside leg and cannot
> find any.
> Anyone have a link or any ideas as to where I might get a pair.
>
> Any help, much appreciated.

I assume from this that you're finding things are too short? Have you
considered using gaiters to 'cover the gap' in between trousers and
boots? Just an idle thought.
--
To reply see 'from' in headers; lose the domain, and insert dots and @
where common sense dictates.

"Fran" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> snoopy2004¬THE@CR said...
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Been trawling internet for some decent hillwalking goretex
>> waterproof
>> trousers in my size, I am a 6ft 6" with a 34" inside leg and cannot
>> find any.
>> Anyone have a link or any ideas as to where I might get a pair.
>>
>> Any help, much appreciated.
>>

> I assume from this that you're finding things are too short? Have
> you
> considered using gaiters to 'cover the gap' in between trousers and
> boots? Just an idle thought.
> --
> To reply see 'from' in headers; lose the domain, and insert dots and
> @
> where common sense dictates.

Hi,

Yup, I have considered that, but there are times that you really don't
need to wear gaiters.

--

Thanks,

Snøøp¥ (Gid Auld Fife)

Cut ¬THE CR@P¬ To Reply

www.heliocentric-lan.co.uk

I've a 35" inside leg, was considering Paramo that officially were only 32"
long. They fit me perfectly, so I bought them!!!

"Snøøp¥" <snoopy2004¬THE@CR@P¬blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi All,
>
> Been trawling internet for some decent hillwalking goretex waterproof
> trousers in my size, I am a 6ft 6" with a 34" inside leg and cannot find
> any.
> Anyone have a link or any ideas as to where I might get a pair.
>
> Any help, much appreciated.
>
> --
>

> Thanks,
>
> Snøøp¥ (Gid Auld Fife)
>
> Cut ¬THE CR@P¬ To Reply
>
> www.heliocentric-lan.co.uk

"Gordon Burns" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I've a 35" inside leg, was considering Paramo that officially were
> only 32" long. They fit me perfectly, so I bought them!!!
>
> "Snøøp¥" <snoopy2004¬THE@CR@P¬blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Been trawling internet for some decent hillwalking goretex
>> waterproof trousers in my size, I am a 6ft 6" with a 34" inside leg
>> and cannot find any.
>> Anyone have a link or any ideas as to where I might get a pair.
>>
>> Any help, much appreciated.
>>
>> --
>>

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Snøøp¥ (Gid Auld Fife)
>>
>> Cut ¬THE CR@P¬ To Reply
>>
>> www.heliocentric-lan.co.uk

Hi,

What paramo trousers did you actually purchase, I am looking at
www.themountainfactor.com
at moment

--

Thanks,

Snøøp¥ (Gid Auld Fife)

Cut ¬THE CR@P¬ To Reply

www.heliocentric-lan.co.uk

I bought the Cascada trousers, they are the Viento, but without the zip
offs. The salopettes are more winter climbing grade, and too heavy for
general use. I bought mine from the Mountain Factor! Cost £100. Notice he's
still doing Vientos at £75 which was the same price as this time last year.
Just measured my supposedly 32" inside leg and they are 34 1/2". I did ring
the girl at Paramo to enquire about having a longer pair made, and she said
that the "standard" length was far longer than that stated and I should try
a pair before I ordered a special pair.
Stewart Cunningham, just up the road from Mountain Factor was also selling
them at £100, this time last year.
Took me a long time before I made up my mind to buy them. I just didn't
believe that they could work better than Goretex, but now I'm their biggest
fan.

"Snøøp¥" <snoopy2004¬THE@CR@P¬blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Gordon Burns" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> I've a 35" inside leg, was considering Paramo that officially were only
>> 32" long. They fit me perfectly, so I bought them!!!
>>
>> "Snøøp¥" <snoopy2004¬THE@CR@P¬blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> Been trawling internet for some decent hillwalking goretex waterproof
>>> trousers in my size, I am a 6ft 6" with a 34" inside leg and cannot find
>>> any.
>>> Anyone have a link or any ideas as to where I might get a pair.
>>>
>>> Any help, much appreciated.
>>>
>>> --
>>>

>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Snøøp¥ (Gid Auld Fife)
>>>
>>> Cut ¬THE CR@P¬ To Reply
>>>
>>> www.heliocentric-lan.co.uk
>>>

> Hi,
>
> What paramo trousers did you actually purchase, I am looking at
> www.themountainfactor.com
> at moment
>

> --
>

> Thanks,
>
> Snøøp¥ (Gid Auld Fife)
>
> Cut ¬THE CR@P¬ To Reply
>
> www.heliocentric-lan.co.uk

In article <[email protected]>, Snøøp¥
<?@CR.?.uk.invalid> writes
>Hi All,
>
>Been trawling internet for some decent hillwalking goretex waterproof
>trousers in my size, I am a 6ft 6" with a 34" inside leg and cannot
>find any.
>Anyone have a link or any ideas as to where I might get a pair.
>
>Any help, much appreciated.

Try

http://www.slioch.co.uk

Made to measure and superb quality and service
--
Bill Grey
http://www.billboy.co.uk

Snøøp¥ wrote:

> Been trawling internet for some decent hillwalking goretex waterproof
> trousers in my size, I am a 6ft 6" with a 34" inside leg and cannot
> find any.

Failing anything else, companies like Slioch will custom make them
to your measurements. Their gear is well made and has a fine
reputation.

http://www.slioch.co.uk/

(they're not the only folk who do this, btw)

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK

Snøøp¥ wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Been trawling internet for some decent hillwalking goretex waterproof
> trousers in my size, I am a 6ft 6" with a 34" inside leg and cannot
> find any.
> Anyone have a link or any ideas as to where I might get a pair.
>
> Any help, much appreciated.

Hi,

In the UK, Keela has about the best price-quality ratio - I don't know
about your size, though.
http://www.keela.co.uk/PAGES/INDEX.ASP

Globetrotter has just about everything and every size you could imagine.
Even with shipping costs from Germany, it will probably be cheaper than
buying in the UK.
http://www.globetrotter.de

Chris