Slow Network Trouble Suggestion

jbuch

Guest
It is possible that the trouble could be the RJ45 port on the router or
switch (or the cable). Before changing the network card, use of a
different RJ45 port on the network box will easily get rid of this as a
potential source of trouble, and might save you the work of replacing
the NIC.

It is unlikely that this is the cause, but still, it is easy to do and
might save the trouble of replacing the NIC.

If I remember, you don't have to reboot to do this....

Jim
--
1) Eat Till SATISFIED, Not STUFFED... Atkins repeated 9 times in the book
2) Exercise: It's Non-Negotiable..... Chapter 22 title, Atkins book

:
: It is unlikely that this is the cause, but still, it is easy to do and
: might save the trouble of replacing the NIC.
:
: If I remember, you don't have to reboot to do this....
:
: Jim

network cards are not low carb. fiber, yes.

Pat in TX

jbuch wrote:
:: It is possible that the trouble could be the RJ45 port on the router
:: or switch (or the cable). Before changing the network card, use of a
:: different RJ45 port on the network box will easily get rid of this
:: as a potential source of trouble, and might save you the work of
:: replacing the NIC.
::
:: It is unlikely that this is the cause, but still, it is easy to do
:: and might save the trouble of replacing the NIC.
::
:: If I remember, you don't have to reboot to do this....

Who are you talking to, Jim?

Roger Zoul wrote:
> jbuch wrote:
> :: It is possible that the trouble could be the RJ45 port on the router
> :: or switch (or the cable). Before changing the network card, use of a
> :: different RJ45 port on the network box will easily get rid of this
> :: as a potential source of trouble, and might save you the work of
> :: replacing the NIC.
> ::
> :: It is unlikely that this is the cause, but still, it is easy to do
> :: and might save the trouble of replacing the NIC.
> ::
> :: If I remember, you don't have to reboot to do this....
>
> Who are you talking to, Jim?

A mistake in sending email in Mozilla. It lets you do dumb things like
think you are in email, and really post to newsgroups.

Jim

--
1) Eat Till SATISFIED, Not STUFFED... Atkins repeated 9 times in the book
2) Exercise: It's Non-Negotiable..... Chapter 22 title, Atkins book
3) Don't Diet Without Supplimental Nutrients... Chapter 23 title, Atkins
book
4) A sensible eating plan, and follow it. (Atkins, Self Made or Other)

jbuch wrote:
:: Roger Zoul wrote:
:::
::: Who are you talking to, Jim?
:::
:::
:: A mistake in sending email in Mozilla. It lets you do dumb things
:: like think you are in email, and really post to newsgroups.

I've done that too.