why I oughta .............

monsterman

New Member
Apr 23, 2005
Gentle recovery ride out to Wynnum and Wellington Point this morning to spin out the soreness from the Noosa "letsalldraftalong" festival [see earlier post]. Easy spin with mate interrupted by Bogan in ute who decides to "buzz the tower" topgun style along old cleveland road. This was towards end of ride at 5.30am. Very little traffic. Major arterial, separated 4 lane road - good wide shoulder. Plenty of room for cars and bikes especially at this hour of the day. We were side by side, both on the outside of the marked lane - ie, not even in the lane when this guy roars by and misses my bars by 8 inches at tremendous speed. He veered over from the inside lane to make this move. Pr*ck.

My reaction was to flip the bird. Jerk must have been watching for a reaction. So he slams on his brakes, locks up all 4, pulls over to the side of the road, gets out of his vehicle and starts walking agressively towards us - we were still rolling along. Red mist rolls down. Adrenalin hit. I pull over, clip out and start wondering whether I'll throw a left or a right if he takes it there. I figure right. Always did my best work with the right. I need some new gloves because I was able to fling one of them (right hand) off (for deliberate menacing effect) without unfastening. Anyway, uncle fester must have lost confidence, because rather than have a go (which on any objective view of his actions was his clear intention until we got close), he wanted to engage me on road rules - he being of the view that cyclists have no right to ride 2 abreast on any road, ever. I explain the law, point out the potentially lethal consequences of his brain-dead actions and ask him to take a swing or make some threatening move so I can justifiably knock his remaining teeth out and ride home for muesli. He heads towards his ute. I memorize his rego, vehicle description, number of warts on each size of face, location of missing teeth, and rough diameter of urine stain on front of his king gees and make full report to police on returning home.

Funniest part of this whole story was that my mate just continued up the road. I had to ride hard for 5 mins to catch him after all this blew over. He says "you never know what sort of psycho will jump out of a ute these days ..." Exactly I said - so why the hell did you f*ck off and leave me alone with that neanderthal??

Bloody Noosa. Would not have flipped the bird had I been in my normal peace-lovin state of mind. :p Would just have noted rego details and reported incident to police.

Hah! Great story. I tell you, I don't have the guts to do that. I'm worried the guy I try it on will be recently released from prison and pull a gun on me.

monsterman> I memorize his rego, vehicle description, number of
monsterman> warts on each size of face, location of missing teeth,
monsterman> and rough diameter of urine stain on front of his king
monsterman> gees and make full report to police on returning home.

CHING! Excellent :)

Glad it didn't get in to fisticuffs.
--
Cheers | ~~ __@
Euan | ~~ _-\<,

monsterman wrote:

> Gentle recovery ride out to Wynnum and Wellington Point this morning to
> spin out the soreness from the Noosa "letsalldraftalong" festival [see
> earlier post]. Easy spin with mate interrupted by Bogan in ute who
> decides to "buzz the tower" topgun style along old cleveland road.
> This was towards end of ride at 5.30am. Very little traffic. Major
> arterial, separated 4 lane road - good wide shoulder. Plenty of room
> for cars and bikes especially at this hour of the day. We were side by
> side, both on the _outside_ of the marked lane - ie, not even in the
> lane when this guy roars by and misses my bars by 8 inches at
> tremendous speed. He veered over from the inside lane to make this
> move. Pr*ck.
>
> My reaction was to flip the bird. Jerk must have been watching for a
> reaction. So he slams on his brakes, locks up all 4, pulls over to the
> side of the road, gets out of his vehicle and starts walking agressively
> towards us - we were still rolling along. Red mist rolls down.
> Adrenalin hit. I pull over, clip out and start wondering whether I'll
> throw a left or a right if he takes it there. I figure right. Always
> did my best work with the right. I need some new gloves because I was
> able to fling one of them (right hand) off (for deliberate menacing
> effect) without unfastening. Anyway, uncle fester must have lost
> confidence, because rather than have a go (which on any objective view
> of his actions was his clear intention until we got close), he wanted
> to engage me on road rules - he being of the view that cyclists have no
> right to ride 2 abreast on any road, ever. I explain the law, point out
> the potentially lethal consequences of his brain-dead actions and ask
> him to take a swing or make some threatening move so I can justifiably
> knock his remaining teeth out and ride home for muesli. He heads
> towards his ute. I memorize his rego, vehicle description, number of
> warts on each size of face, location of missing teeth, and rough
> diameter of urine stain on front of his king gees and make full report
> to police on returning home.
>
> Funniest part of this whole story was that my mate just continued up
> the road. I had to ride hard for 5 mins to catch him after all this
> blew over. He says "you never know what sort of psycho will jump out
> of a ute these days ..." Exactly I said - so why the hell did you f*ck
> off and leave me alone with that neanderthal??
>
> Bloody Noosa. Would not have flipped the bird had I been in my normal
> peace-lovin state of mind. :p Would just have noted rego details and
> reported incident to police.
>
> --
> monsterman

Your mate sucks for not sticking by! I will always follow. Although I'm
normally the one stopping. No one takes me seriously though.

Tam

Walrus said:

Hah! Great story. I tell you, I don't have the guts to do that. I'm worried the guy I try it on will be recently released from prison and pull a gun on me.[/QUOTE]

Getting in someone's face is not normally my thing. But this guy put himself between me and the road, and I was really enraged by his lunatic dangerous actions and I reacted with emotion. I didn't feel clever or pleased when it was over. These days it certainly is smarter to avoid these situations.

But - once I knew he was a harmless yellow pissant, I should have goaded him into something. 20/20 hindsight is always a great thing - but I should have given him the school-yard chesting, or poke in the upper arm with the index finger. Or even better, thrown some of the lines that are guaranteed to start a fight in the public bar of a shitsville hotel where these types congregate, like:

:mad: thats my chair!!
:mad: what are you lookin at!!
;) is she your mum?
:mad: that's my 20c !! (while pointing at the pool table / pinball / slot machine
:mad: who asked you!!
:mad: are you lookin at my beer / girlfriend / dog / ute / jug / velcro surfie wallet / tattoo / eyebrow (there being only one) / scar / d*ck / mum / pack of "form fitting" (for the little aussie battler) condoms

You have to laugh. Otherwise, its just not funny.

Tam Said:

.........I will always follow. Although I'm
normally the one stopping. No one takes me seriously though.

Tam

Good to know, Tam. You'd scare me you know. But I've had the benefit of reading your posts for a while now :D :D

That's why I'm always a little nervous when I'm riding with you and/or
Lotte. I never quite know what 'wild, crazy adventures' we'll all get
sucked into... *laughs*

Abby (still injured...)

Your mate is not your mate. Even if he was too chicken to defend you,
you need him for a witness and he should have stopped for that. If the
Bogan had hit you, he could still claim you hit him first ... "I only
stopped because he waved at me and I wanted to tell him not to ride in
the middle of the road and then he hit me Yada Yada ...". Try and
defend that without a witness.

DON'T poke him or chest him, because then you have hit him first and he
can belt you back. Ask yourself why you would want to do this. It's
either to get in a ding-dong and win, or it's to have him up on a
decent charge that is worth pursuing.

Donga

Tamyka Bell wrote:
> monsterman wrote:
>
>>Gentle recovery ride out to Wynnum and Wellington Point this morning to
>>spin out the soreness from the Noosa "letsalldraftalong" festival [see
>>earlier post]. Easy spin with mate interrupted by Bogan in ute who
>>decides to "buzz the tower" topgun style along old cleveland road.
>>This was towards end of ride at 5.30am. Very little traffic. Major
>>arterial, separated 4 lane road - good wide shoulder. Plenty of room
>>for cars and bikes especially at this hour of the day. We were side by
>>side, both on the _outside_ of the marked lane - ie, not even in the
>>lane when this guy roars by and misses my bars by 8 inches at
>>tremendous speed. He veered over from the inside lane to make this
>>move. Pr*ck.
>>
>>My reaction was to flip the bird. Jerk must have been watching for a
>>reaction. So he slams on his brakes, locks up all 4, pulls over to the
>>side of the road, gets out of his vehicle and starts walking agressively
>>towards us - we were still rolling along. Red mist rolls down.
>>Adrenalin hit. I pull over, clip out and start wondering whether I'll
>>throw a left or a right if he takes it there. I figure right. Always
>>did my best work with the right. I need some new gloves because I was
>>able to fling one of them (right hand) off (for deliberate menacing
>>effect) without unfastening. Anyway, uncle fester must have lost
>>confidence, because rather than have a go (which on any objective view
>>of his actions was his clear intention until we got close), he wanted
>>to engage me on road rules - he being of the view that cyclists have no
>>right to ride 2 abreast on any road, ever. I explain the law, point out
>>the potentially lethal consequences of his brain-dead actions and ask
>>him to take a swing or make some threatening move so I can justifiably
>>knock his remaining teeth out and ride home for muesli. He heads
>>towards his ute. I memorize his rego, vehicle description, number of
>>warts on each size of face, location of missing teeth, and rough
>>diameter of urine stain on front of his king gees and make full report
>>to police on returning home.
>>
>>Funniest part of this whole story was that my mate just continued up
>>the road. I had to ride hard for 5 mins to catch him after all this
>>blew over. He says "you never know what sort of psycho will jump out
>>of a ute these days ..." Exactly I said - so why the hell did you f*ck
>>off and leave me alone with that neanderthal??
>>
>>Bloody Noosa. Would not have flipped the bird had I been in my normal
>>peace-lovin state of mind. :p Would just have noted rego details and
>>reported incident to police.
>>
>>--
>>monsterman

> Your mate sucks for not sticking by! I will always follow. Although I'm
> normally the one stopping. No one takes me seriously though.
>
> Tam

Time for a new mate I think. Yeah.. a real mate helps you get rid of
the body after.

Dave

dave said:
Time for a new mate I think. Yeah.. a real mate helps you get rid of the body after.

LOL dave and nicely done monsterman.

Still no "incidents" to report here, other than the bus grinding. Drivers are so much better here! How am I supposed to relieve my frustrations without any drivers to hassle? hehe.. ah shuddup! :p

hippy

monsterman wrote:

> Tam Said:
>
> .........I will always follow. Although I'm
> normally the one stopping. No one takes me seriously though.
>
> Tam
>
> Good to know, Tam. You'd scare me you know. But I've had the benefit
> of reading your posts for a while now :D :D
>
> --
> monsterman

Pffft, I'm only scary if you work for USM ;)

Tam

dave wrote:

> [...]
> >>to police on returning home.
> >>
> >>Funniest part of this whole story was that my mate just continued up
> >>the road. I had to ride hard for 5 mins to catch him after all this
> >>blew over. He says "you never know what sort of psycho will jump out
> >>of a ute these days ..." Exactly I said - so why the hell did you f*ck
> >>off and leave me alone with that neanderthal??
> >>
> >>Bloody Noosa. Would not have flipped the bird had I been in my normal
> >>peace-lovin state of mind. :p Would just have noted rego details and
> >>reported incident to police.
> >>
> >>--
> >>monsterman

> > Your mate sucks for not sticking by! I will always follow. Although I'm
> > normally the one stopping. No one takes me seriously though.
> >
> > Tam

> Time for a new mate I think. Yeah.. a real mate helps you get rid of

It's a serious problem. Fine for drivers, they can make a quick getaway
or dump the body in the car. Harder to do on a bike.

Tam

Tamyka Bell wrote:
> dave wrote:
>
>>Tamyka Bell wrote:

>>>Your mate sucks for not sticking by! I will always follow. Although I'm
>>>normally the one stopping. No one takes me seriously though.
>>>
>>>Tam

>>Time for a new mate I think. Yeah.. a real mate helps you get rid of
>>the body after.
>>
>>Dave

> It's a serious problem. Fine for drivers, they can make a quick getaway
> or dump the body in the car. Harder to do on a bike.
>
> Tam

Its an issue.
Hide the body
Return on motorbike with spare leathers.
Dress body in leathers. (Must be old surplus untracable leathers.. we
have these.. indeed we wear em)
On pillion seat to well known area with many 4wds

Meanwhile mate steals another motorbike.. something horrible like a gs
250/4 or a scooter

Rondevous at 4wd.. If the owner is a footballer so much the better
Prop body on leathers on bike behind 4wd. Remember to turn ignition on.

When the owner gets in and backs down the driveway.. bingo the
perfect murder.

Dave

dave wrote:

> Tamyka Bell wrote:
> > dave wrote:

> >>Time for a new mate I think. Yeah.. a real mate helps you get rid of
> >>the body after.
> >>
> >>Dave

> > It's a serious problem. Fine for drivers, they can make a quick getaway
> > or dump the body in the car. Harder to do on a bike.
> >
> > Tam

> Its an issue.
> Hide the body
> Return on motorbike with spare leathers.
> Dress body in leathers. (Must be old surplus untracable leathers.. we
> have these.. indeed we wear em)
> On pillion seat to well known area with many 4wds
>
> Meanwhile mate steals another motorbike.. something horrible like a gs
> 250/4 or a scooter
>
> Rondevous at 4wd.. If the owner is a footballer so much the better
> Prop body on leathers on bike behind 4wd. Remember to turn ignition on.
>
> When the owner gets in and backs down the driveway.. bingo the
> perfect murder.
>
> Dave

That's appalling! Did you make it up, or is it a C-grade horror flick?

Tam

Tamyka Bell wrote:
> dave wrote:
>
>>Tamyka Bell wrote:

>>>It's a serious problem. Fine for drivers, they can make a quick getaway
>>>or dump the body in the car. Harder to do on a bike.
>>>
>>>Tam

>>Its an issue.
>>Hide the body
>>Return on motorbike with spare leathers.
>>Dress body in leathers. (Must be old surplus untracable leathers.. we
>>have these.. indeed we wear em)
>>On pillion seat to well known area with many 4wds
>>
>>Meanwhile mate steals another motorbike.. something horrible like a gs
>>250/4 or a scooter
>>
>>Rondevous at 4wd.. If the owner is a footballer so much the better
>>Prop body on leathers on bike behind 4wd. Remember to turn ignition on.
>>
>>When the owner gets in and backs down the driveway.. bingo the
>>perfect murder.
>>
>>Dave

> That's appalling! Did you make it up, or is it a C-grade horror flick?
>
> Tam

Of course I made it up.. :)

Dave

On 09/11/05 at 16:56:13 Tamyka Bell somehow managed to type:

<HUGE snip>

All the snipped stuff just for this ??????

> That's appalling! Did you make it up, or is it a C-grade horror flick?
>
> Tam

Come on guys - snip the irrelevant stuff....

--
Humbug
BE A LOOF! (There has been a recent population explosion of lerts.)

On 09/11/05 at 16:58:00 dave somehow managed to type:

<HUGE snip>

AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH edit the thing BEFORE you post it....

--

dave wrote:

> Tamyka Bell wrote:
> > dave wrote:

> >>Its an issue.
> >>Hide the body
> >>Return on motorbike with spare leathers.
> >>Dress body in leathers. (Must be old surplus untracable leathers.. we
> >>have these.. indeed we wear em)
> >>On pillion seat to well known area with many 4wds
> >>
> >>Meanwhile mate steals another motorbike.. something horrible like a gs
> >>250/4 or a scooter
> >>
> >>Rondevous at 4wd.. If the owner is a footballer so much the better
> >>Prop body on leathers on bike behind 4wd. Remember to turn ignition on.
> >>
> >>When the owner gets in and backs down the driveway.. bingo the
> >>perfect murder.
> >>
> >>Dave

> > That's appalling! Did you make it up, or is it a C-grade horror flick?
> >
> > Tam

> Of course I made it up.. :)
>
> Dave

What's this? Humbug doesn't seem to like our laziness...

Tam

Tamyka Bell wrote:
> dave wrote:
>
>>Tamyka Bell wrote:

>>>That's appalling! Did you make it up, or is it a C-grade horror flick?
>>>
>>>Tam

>>Of course I made it up.. :)
>>
>>Dave

> What's this? Humbug doesn't seem to like our laziness...
>
> Tam

I have ambitions to be lazy :)

On 09/11/05 at 17:50:25 Tamyka Bell somehow managed to type:

<snip>

> What's this? Humbug doesn't seem to like our laziness...

Nor does he enjoy childish stupidity.