Good restaurant websites?

OM

Guest
Can someone recommend some really good restaurant websites?
Doesn't matter where.
I haven't seen a single decent restaurant website ANYWHERE!

Thanks.

OM

OM wrote:
> Can someone recommend some really good restaurant websites?
> Doesn't matter where.
> I haven't seen a single decent restaurant website ANYWHERE!

Don't you know how to surf?

Do you mean the restaurant web sites or the restaurants?
There are millions of very good restaurant web sites.
But the quality of the web site is no indication of the food quality.
In fact the quality of the food served is typically inversely
proportional to the quality of the web site... ie. the fast food joints
typically have the very best websites.
Most restaurants that serve really great food have utterly awful web
sites, or they don't have a web site. The really great restaurants
don't need any stinkin' web site.

Sheldon

On 12 Nov 2005 15:35:07 -0800, "OM" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Can someone recommend some really good restaurant websites?
>Doesn't matter where.
>I haven't seen a single decent restaurant website ANYWHERE!
>
>Thanks.

How do you define 'good restaurant website'?
First: do you mean 'website for a good restaurant' or 'good website
which is for a restaurant'?

That said, you might look here:
http://www.tomdouglas.com/
(Seattle chef who was the challenger in this week's Iron Chef
America--Battle Wild Salmon)

--
-denny-
"Do your thoughts call ahead or do they just arrive at your mouth unannounced?"

"It's come as you are, baby."

-over the hedge

"OM" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Can someone recommend some really good
> restaurant websites? Doesn't matter where.
> I haven't seen a single decent restaurant website
> ANYWHERE!

Do you mean individual restaurant's websites? Or do you mean a website
recommending websites?

If the former:
http://georgesatthecove.com/
http://millefleurs.com/

If the latter,
http://entertainment.signonsandiego.com/section/restaurants -- the San Diego
Union-Tribune online, has a good restaurant guide. If you want something
farther afield, I can't help you, other than to recommend that you check
with local newspaper websites for restaurant reviews in the desired
location. The big, user-feedback restaurant recommendation sites I've seen
haven't impressed me.

-j

Try Dine.Com, in addition to the others mentioned.