Replacing Chorus Ergo body

Pete Biggs

Guest
Is it possible to replace a Chorus left-hand Ergo's body for one of a
cheaper model? Any problems popping out the bushing to fit the bearings?

Thanks
~PB

Pete Biggs wrote:

> Is it possible to replace a Chorus left-hand Ergo's body for one of a
> cheaper model? Any problems popping out the bushing to fit the bearings?

Can't because the diameters both at the body and on the
shaft are different. The MIR-VEL-DAY-CEN Ergo body is
cheaper because the REC-CHR body includes the bearing

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org

Dans le message de news:[email protected],
A Muzi <[email protected]> a réfléchi, et puis a déclaré :
> Pete Biggs wrote:
>
>> Is it possible to replace a Chorus left-hand Ergo's body for one of a
>> cheaper model? Any problems popping out the bushing to fit the
>> bearings?

> Can't because the diameters both at the body and on the
> shaft are different. The MIR-VEL-DAY-CEN Ergo body is
> cheaper because the REC-CHR body includes the bearing

I thought Chorus did away with the bearing system. My carbon levers don't
have that BB system stamped on them.
--
Sandy
Verneuil-sur-Seine

La vie, c'est comme une bicyclette,
il faut avancer pour ne pas perdre l'équilibre.
-- Einstein, A.

Sandy wrote:
> Dans le message de news:[email protected],
> A Muzi <[email protected]> a réfléchi, et puis a déclaré :
> > Pete Biggs wrote:
> >
> >> Is it possible to replace a Chorus left-hand Ergo's body for one of a
> >> cheaper model? Any problems popping out the bushing to fit the
> >> bearings?

> > Can't because the diameters both at the body and on the
> > shaft are different. The MIR-VEL-DAY-CEN Ergo body is
> > cheaper because the REC-CHR body includes the bearing

> I thought Chorus did away with the bearing system. My carbon levers don't
> have that BB system stamped on them.
> --
> Sandy
> Verneuil-sur-Seine

What Andy Muzi said. They ran outta room to put 'bb system' on it.

ERGO bodeis here, whether they be Veloce/Centaur or Chorus/Record are
pretty much the same $$.

Dans le message de
news:[email protected],
Qui si parla Campagnolo <[email protected]> a réfléchi, et puis a déclaré :
> Sandy wrote:
>> Dans le message de news:[email protected],
>> A Muzi <[email protected]> a réfléchi, et puis a déclaré :

>>> Can't because the diameters both at the body and on the
>>> shaft are different. The MIR-VEL-DAY-CEN Ergo body is
>>> cheaper because the REC-CHR body includes the bearing

>> I thought Chorus did away with the bearing system. My carbon levers
>> don't have that BB system stamped on them.
>> --
>> Sandy
>> Verneuil-sur-Seine

> What Andy Muzi said. They ran outta room to put 'bb system' on it.
>
> ERGO bodeis here, whether they be Veloce/Centaur or Chorus/Record are
> pretty much the same $$.

Funny, then, that the Campy book's tech specs for them are different. Only
Record is shown to have BB not bushing.

Sandy wrote:

> Funny, then, that the Campy book's tech specs for them are different.
> Only Record is shown to have BB not bushing.

Chorus 2006 has BBs according to www.campagnolo.com/pdf/spares06_A.pdf -
page 71 - EC-RE026.

----------
Thanks for the info Andrew & Peter.

~PB

Dans le message de news:[email protected],
Pete Biggs <[email protected]> a réfléchi,
et puis a déclaré :
> Sandy wrote:
>
>> Funny, then, that the Campy book's tech specs for them are different.
>> Only Record is shown to have BB not bushing.

> Chorus 2006 has BBs according to
> www.campagnolo.com/pdf/spares06_A.pdf - page 71 - EC-RE026.
>
> ----------
> Thanks for the info Andrew & Peter.
>
> ~PB

Thanks for showing me that. The printed stuff I have from Campy (plus the
answer from the local shop) said the opposite. I guess that makes me
happier.

Sandy wrote:

> Funny, then, that the Campy book's tech specs for them are different. Only
> Record is shown to have BB not bushing.

EC-RE-026, part number for the bearings in Chorus levers in the Campag
parts blowup book,

Sandy wrote:
> I thought Chorus did away with the bearing system. My carbon levers don't
> have that BB system stamped on them.

Yes, but I assumed a worn one wasn't new. He didn't specify
year.
--

Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
> What Andy Muzi said. They ran outta room to put 'bb system' on it.
> ERGO bodeis here, whether they be Veloce/Centaur or Chorus/Record are
> pretty much the same $$.

We used to average and charge the same for all Ergo bodies
but lately you are paying $10 more for ball bearing models.
--

Pete Biggs wrote:
> Chorus 2006 has BBs according to www.campagnolo.com/pdf/spares06_A.pdf -
> page 71 - EC-RE026.
> ----------
> Thanks for the info Andrew & Peter.

The 2005 book doesn't SAY ball bearing in the text for
Chorus, only for Record. What year is yours, Pete?

--

A Muzi wrote:
>> Sandy wrote:
> >>Funny, then, that the Campy book's tech specs for them

> are different.
>>> Only Record is shown to have BB not bushing.

> Pete Biggs wrote:
>> Chorus 2006 has BBs according to
>> www.campagnolo.com/pdf/spares06_A.pdf - page 71 - EC-RE026.
>> Thanks for the info Andrew & Peter.

> The 2005 book doesn't SAY ball bearing in the text for
> Chorus, only for Record.

What is more likely: a mistake in that text or mistake in the pdf's?

> What year is yours, Pete?

Actually I was enquiring on behalf of a friend so I'm not sure of the
year. Doubt it's 05 or 06; 10-speed model so can't be ancient.

~PB