or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What I’ve learned while unicycling - Page 2

post #16 of 105

Re: What I've learned while unicycling

more useless acronyms
post #17 of 105

Re: What I’ve learned while unicycling

I've learned that some people are drawn to the unusual, and others shun
it.

--
tholub - Kinetic Sculptor
post #18 of 105

Re: What I’ve learned while unicycling

I've actually been keeping a list;

Try something you think is impossible, you'll surprise yourself.

Success and Failure are part of the same thing, a larger experience that
is incredibly challenging, frustrating, and rewarding.

Now matter how new and fancy your unicycle is, _you_ still have to ride
it. - Oh hey, that's in my sig line

--
Jim_Rob - Old Man

TTFN- JR

Things I learned from Unicycling;

#3 No matter how new and fancy your unicycle is, _you_ still have to
ride it.
Jim_Rob's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3824
post #19 of 105

Re: What I’ve learned while unicycling

The skill of a biker or a skateboarder is often directly proportional to
their reaction to a unicyclist. Not always true...but amusingly often

--
Duffle
Duffle's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9239

forrestunifreak wrote:
> *The only time you'll ever get hurt is the only one short time when
> your not wearing that certain peice of safety equitment. *

similarly, the only time you'll make a stupid pointless UPD is when many
people are watching, ex. when there's four cars at a four way stop, and
you wave at your friend in the car as you're crossing, which makes you
not notice that pothole.

--
James_Potter - betcha can't stick it!
post #21 of 105

Re: What I’ve learned while unicycling

1.Some people are bigger pratts than I ever realised before.
2.The unicycle community is more friendly than the juggling community.
3.The power of self-belief. It doesn't matter if you can or can't do
something but if you believe you can do it, you are more likely to have
positive results and happier anticipation.

Cathy

--
cathwood - Lunicyclist

A thought is just a thought.

http://www.chuckingandtwirling.co.uk
post #22 of 105

Re: What I’ve learned while unicycling

Center of concentration is more important than center of balance.

As has been mentioned, the upds from crazy stuff are all fun and don't
hurt, where the ones from that 1" rock in the middle of the singletrack
cause much pain.

Trials skill comes in spurts.

--
Fuego - Definetely no brain.

If u could've aborted president bush using medicinal marijuana grown by
a gay guy with a feeding-tube who was on death row, wade u?
-GILD

"Get off my Property before you sue me!"
-Morons everywhere.

'OneWheelNinjaSquad' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/OneWheelNinjaSquad)
Fuego's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6983
post #23 of 105

Re: What I’ve learned while unicycling

i've learnt that u should never shave your head with a blunt razor when
u're in a bad mood

and i don't care that it has nothing to do with unicycling.

it's -that- important

won't 'this' (http://tinyurl.com/cxngy) help?

--
GILD - Waffle-Tosser, Time-bider and JCTK

if you can't say anything good about someone, sit right here by me.--
'alice' (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/custom.html?) 'roosevelt'
(http://tinyurl.com/963jr) 'longworth' (http://tinyurl.com/78ybd)

I feel like a fugitive from the law of averages.-- 'william h mauldin'
(http://www.johnconyers.com/)

...using nietzsche's metaphysics to escape from
christianity...-'metro_tramp on the value of metaphysics'
(http://tinyurl.com/4sjw6)-
it's hard to be sure, and good to be paranoid...john childs on life on
the internet
'NAMASTE!' (http://tinyurl.com/4qcxw)
'Dave' (http://www.lyricsdir.com/d/deep-purp...ld-in-time.php)
post #24 of 105

Re: What I’ve learned while unicycling

you should steer AWAY from trees

--
Unicycle_Knight - Member

I am the unicycle knight, The rider of one wheel for freedom
Unicycle_Knight's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10255
post #25 of 105

Re: What I’ve learned while unicycling

On the realm of steering into trees, a mantra for life:

You tend to go where you're looking.

--
tholub - Kinetic Sculptor
post #26 of 105

tholub wrote:
> *On the realm of steering into trees, a mantra for life:
>
> You tend to go where you're looking. *

A mountain biker I met on a trail had a good saying about that: "See
the tree be the tree"
If you focus on the tree that you are trying to avoid you will end up
steering right towards it. Focus on where you want to go and what you
want to do rather than on what you want to avoid.

--
john_childs - Guinness Mojo

john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com
Gallery: '' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/john_childs)
' Unicycling Bookmark List' (http://backcountry.unicyclist.com/) ::
'World Clock' (http://tinyurl.com/a99y3) >>>'Click Me'
(http://tinyurl.com/7lvbu)<<<
post #27 of 105

Re: What I’ve learned while unicycling

Downhill muni sections can be very gratifing.....Or very un-forgiving

--
sabin_a. - skilled unicyclist

Homer - "Could Jesus microwave a burrito so hot that he himself could
not eat it?"
Flanders - "Well, as melon scratchers go, that's a honey doodle"

'SIXSIXONE' (www.sixsixone.com)

sabin_a.'s Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4457
post #28 of 105

john_childs wrote:
> *If you focus on the tree that you are trying to avoid you will end up
> steering right towards it. Focus on where you want to go and what you
> want to do rather than on what you want to avoid. *

My neighbours brother played in the NHL (or really high up I don't know,
but I think it was NHL) and he said that when he was playing he wouldn't
be able to tell you what the goalie looked like after the game, cause he
was always looking at the open net. Sorta the same principle.

Torker LX's and Miyata's are not the same. The handles have different
bolt patterns.

David

--
darchibald - Street Unicyclist

' Album 481' (http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/album481) - My Gallery

What about those who swing both ways, AC-DC's?
darchibald's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6240
post #29 of 105

harper wrote:
> *Gravity trumps desire. *

Aye gravity is a harsh mistress...

--
Checkernuts - Breakdancer Extraordinar

No one said it was gonna be easy and I'm not afraid to try, with the
odds stacked up against me I will have to fight, One Life One Wheel got
to do it right. H20

Checkernuts's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/801
post #30 of 105

Re: What I’ve learned while unicycling

people that think your gonna fall and people that ask the question is it
hard kinda get annoying after a while

--
habbywall

It takes twice the man to ride half the bike.
habbywall's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10260
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: rec.sport.unicycling