or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What I’ve learned while unicycling - Page 4

post #46 of 105

Re: What I’ve learned while unicycling

--
One on one - Proud member of the UALW and GUA

"However, like the jet pilot, if the Coker rider tries to turn too fast,
he/she could black out."
-Memphis Mud

I went further than I had planned and had a testicle break at about 25
ks
-onebyone

One on one's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5740
post #47 of 105

On Wed, 6 Jul 2005 15:54:32 -0500, "johnfoss" wrote:

>Without gravity, unicycling wouldn't be much of a challenge.

I think you would find out otherwise if you were to try it.

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict
--
"As with all great social movements, the origins of mountain unicycling are unclear. - Hannah Nordhaus (Los Angeles Times)"
post #48 of 105

Re: What I’ve learned while unicycling

quote:
Originally posted by Unitik908
its unicyclist NOT unicycler...
Chase

speaking of which....is there a way I can change my username?
lol, whoops!

--
WWUunicycler - My new Qu-ax Trials is in the mail!
WWUunicycler's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10142

DarkTom wrote:
> *It's a better class of female that smiles at the Cokeur.*

i take it there was a Control Group for this experiment?

Jagur runs 'classes' (http://tinyurl.com/cgcfl)

--
GILD - Waffle-Tosser, Time-bider and JCTK

if you can't say anything good about someone, sit right here by me.--
'alice' (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/custom.html?) 'roosevelt'
(http://tinyurl.com/963jr) 'longworth' (http://tinyurl.com/78ybd)

I feel like a fugitive from the law of averages.-- 'william h mauldin'
(http://www.johnconyers.com/)

...using nietzsche's metaphysics to escape from
christianity...-'metro_tramp on the value of metaphysics'
(http://tinyurl.com/4sjw6)-
it's hard to be sure, and good to be paranoid...john childs on life on
the internet
'NAMASTE!' (http://tinyurl.com/4qcxw)
'Dave' (http://www.lyricsdir.com/d/deep-purp...ld-in-time.php)
post #50 of 105

john_childs wrote:
> *That is way more true when you're younger rather than older. *

THE TRUTH O F E N D S !!!!!!!!!

--
Uniwitold

Veni !Vidi !Mount ! ' Public does not perceive it reacts'. Greg
Harper.
Uniwitold's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2181
post #51 of 105

Uniwitold wrote:
> *THE TRUTH O F E N D S !!!!!!!!!
> *

I'm intrigued - do tell me more about this "Truth of Ends"

--
s7ev0 - Here comes the summer!

We fell out of trees, got cut and broke bones and teeth, and there
were no lawsuits from these accidents. They were accidents. No one was
to blame but us. Remember accidents? ~ GILD
s7ev0's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7310
post #52 of 105

Re: What I’ve learned while unicycling

the main truth of ends is that just when u're about to get them to meet,
someone moves them

--
GILD - Waffle-Tosser, Time-bider and JCTK

if you can't say anything good about someone, sit right here by me.--
'alice' (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/custom.html?) 'roosevelt'
(http://tinyurl.com/963jr) 'longworth' (http://tinyurl.com/78ybd)

I feel like a fugitive from the law of averages.-- 'william h mauldin'
(http://www.johnconyers.com/)

...using nietzsche's metaphysics to escape from
christianity...-'metro_tramp on the value of metaphysics'
(http://tinyurl.com/4sjw6)-
it's hard to be sure, and good to be paranoid...john childs on life on
the internet
'NAMASTE!' (http://tinyurl.com/4qcxw)
'Dave' (http://www.lyricsdir.com/d/deep-purp...ld-in-time.php)
post #53 of 105

s7ev0 wrote:
> *I'm intrigued - do tell me more about this "Truth of Ends"
> *

The truth 'of ends' is.......it is very difficult to teach old monkey
new tricks. It is truth 'of ends'.

--
Uniwitold

Veni !Vidi !Mount ! ' Public does not perceive it reacts'. Greg
Harper.
Uniwitold's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2181
post #54 of 105

roadkill wrote:
> *Unicycling is as addictive as sex, without the worry of going
> blind... *

Apparently Roadkill is into uni-sex.

For Klas, you have a point about the gravity thing. I should have said
without gravity it wouldn't be much fun.

Riding underwater is similar. Unless you wear lots of weights, you can
never get enough traction to actually ride.

However, it would be fun to try unicycling around a circle, like the
Skylab astronauts tried to do in the 70s, running around that circle of
storage bins...

--
johnfoss - More Moab Fun

John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone

"Read the rules!" -- 'IUF Rulebook'
post #55 of 105

Re: What I’ve learned while unicycling

Thunderstorms dislike Giraffe unicycles....

--
DanLee
DanLee's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10213

GILD wrote:
> *the main truth of ends is that just when u're about to get them to
> meet, someone moves them *

and just today, i learnt that that saying is attributed to Herbert
Hoover

--
GILD - Waffle-Tosser, Time-bider and JCTK

if you can't say anything good about someone, sit right here by me.--
'alice' (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/custom.html?) 'roosevelt'
(http://tinyurl.com/963jr) 'longworth' (http://tinyurl.com/78ybd)

I feel like a fugitive from the law of averages.-- 'william h mauldin'
(http://www.johnconyers.com/)

...using nietzsche's metaphysics to escape from
christianity...-'metro_tramp on the value of metaphysics'
(http://tinyurl.com/4sjw6)-
it's hard to be sure, and good to be paranoid...john childs on life on
the internet
'NAMASTE!' (http://tinyurl.com/4qcxw)
'Dave' (http://www.lyricsdir.com/d/deep-purp...ld-in-time.php)
post #57 of 105

Re: What I’ve learned while unicycling

Don't ride backwards over draincovers.

--
DustinMichels
DustinMichels's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10289

Re: What I’ve learned while unicycling

It's only impossible until you (or someone else ) does it.

There comes a point when it IS mind over matter.

Your own body weight is enough to tear ligaments.

--
fcwegnm0b - HammerTron

"So the nurse was telling me about what you did to your ankle... and I
all got was 'unicycle', 'mountain', and 'filming'"
fcwegnm0b's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8357
post #59 of 105

Re: What I’ve learned while unicycling

Oh, and don't do rolling hops on wet benches :/

--
DustinMichels
DustinMichels's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10289
post #60 of 105

Re: What I’ve learned while unicycling

Well, not exactly -whilst- unicycling but .... how to become addicted to
internet forums.

Cathy

--
cathwood - Lunicyclist