or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What I’ve learned while unicycling - Page 7

post #91 of 105

Re: What I’ve learned while unicycling

I've learned that it is very difficult to coker up a mountain in loose
gravel, but that you can navigate down through a deathly maze of fallen
stone if you just don't loose your nerve.

--
munipsycho - Sometimes I fall down.

=====================
'Munipsycho.com' (http://munipsycho.com//)
munipsycho's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9589
post #92 of 105

Re: What I’ve learned while unicycling

I stand corrected,

Latley it has not been so difficult to find a good unicycling T-shirts.
I now have three favorite styles, and two more on order.

--
Chrashing - Unicycles are flying machines!

Regards,
Ken
Chrashing's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7501
post #93 of 105

Chrashing wrote:
> Never daydream while riding a unicycle, ever.

Excellent advice.

If you are afraid you'll land spat on the pavement you probably will.
If you calmly just do it you probably will.

--
Unibugg
Unibugg's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14480

Re: What I’ve learned while unicycling

i'm sorry but i do all the time, but then again i ride all the time
unless my uni's messed so i don't find doing anything on a uni that
unusual.

not being on my uni usually feels -weird.-

--
epistolize

affirmation: i will hit tricks in a heavy stylee, quit prehoppin and
flow freely
organise my thughts into lines
and WORK "I lli T!
eratepeoplegetthefulleffectofalphabetsoup?"
epistolize's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11876
post #95 of 105

Re: What I’ve learned while unicycling

I’ve learned….
In the early learning stages of muni softer tires (16 PSI) helped me
ride over roots and small rocks at the expense of more effort required
on smoother sections.

With more experience riding muni, I’ve learned that better technique
has allowed me to ride over roots and larger rocks at higher tire
pressure (22 PSI) and there is less effort required on the smoother
sections.

--
One on one

"That's going to end up in somebody's sig." - rob.northcott
One on one's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5740
post #96 of 105

Re: What I’ve learned while unicycling

When you are exhausted.... you have so many more UPD's.

When circulation is cut off and your toes start to go numb, you have
more UPD's.

Moral. If you have a nice ride for miles and miles sans UPD's don't
let your head get big. Cause you just might have more than your share
on the return trip. And TAKE MORE BREAKS!

Today's ride was only about 9 miles... but with large cranks, small
wheel, and a seat from the underworld, it was exhausting. A hot bubble
bath sounds real good about now.

--
Unibugg
Unibugg's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14480
post #97 of 105

Re: What I’ve learned while unicycling

Non-riders are always commenting about the physical difficulties one
must overcome to ride. Many of them comment on the challenge of
balancing, steering, going over bumps etc.

I've begun trying to explain that the mental exercise a good ride
entails overshadows the physical. Its why I ride.

--
Unibugg

Into the blue wrote:
> You should see this fella ride up kerbs. He makes it look annoyingly
> easy.
> Ants make me UPD.

http://www.usenet.com
post #98 of 105

Into the blue wrote:
> You should see this fella ride up kerbs. He makes it look annoyingly
> easy.
> Ants make me UPD.

http://www.usenet.com
post #99 of 105

Into the blue wrote:
> You should see this fella ride up kerbs. He makes it look annoyingly
> easy.
> Ants make me UPD.

http://www.usenet.com
post #100 of 105

epistolize wrote:
> not being on my uni usually feels -weird.-

I've found that as well. I go everywhere on my uni. Today was the first
time in a long time that I actually walked through my small town. It
felt sort of awkward and like I was missing something (and I wasn't
getting any attention).

--
CoreTechs

><> UNICYCLE FOR CHRIST<><

And get 'LOST' (www.lost.eu/69d9c).
http://www.usenet.com
post #101 of 105

epistolize wrote:
> not being on my uni usually feels -weird.-

I've found that as well. I go everywhere on my uni. Today was the first
time in a long time that I actually walked through my small town. It
felt sort of awkward and like I was missing something (and I wasn't
getting any attention).

--
CoreTechs

><> UNICYCLE FOR CHRIST<><

And get 'LOST' (www.lost.eu/69d9c).
http://www.usenet.com
post #102 of 105

epistolize wrote:
> not being on my uni usually feels -weird.-

I've found that as well. I go everywhere on my uni. Today was the first
time in a long time that I actually walked through my small town. It
felt sort of awkward and like I was missing something (and I wasn't
getting any attention).

--
CoreTechs

><> UNICYCLE FOR CHRIST<><